Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, sweet almond oil, sweet almond seed meal, oat kernel flour, orange peel powder, rose flower oil, pecan shell powder, grapefruit seed extract, nutmeg fruit powder, clove flower powder, orange peel oil, tocopherol, rosemary extract, fragrance

on 1/21/2015 9:07:00 PM

This is some odd stuff. But it does smell great! It is a thick grainy scrub that does not emulsify and thus pieces will fall out of your hand and go down the drain. I have tried softening it in my palm and also applying it to a Neutrogena battery operated exfoliator pad for some extra oomph. It is very awkward and difficult to use. It seems to exfoliate ok and has an oily residue that is soothing. I do follow up with cleanser to get this off. I like the glass jar. Every time I look at this stuff I think of gross stuff- one is ear wax and one is this stuff called Boylene which is a salve my father used to use. Sorry guess I am just dating myself here lol! I will finish this but probably not repurchase.

on 12/13/2014 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok-- this is a decent exfoliator. It has a waxy consistency, and finding the right formula (product + water) is slightly tricky. It exfoliates enough, without being overly harsh. For the amount received, it is overpriced. That seems to be the case with most exfoliators, though….

As long as the product continues to work for me, I will probably continue to purchase.

One more thing… it is hard to find! I had to go to a Target, in a relatively small town to find. That was annoying.

on 8/1/2014 8:41:00 PM

I love this product! I'm a HUGE fan of this brand and this product. This is a scrub that works well with my skin. It can be harsh if not used properly. You have to read the instructions and add a couple drops of water with the amount that you are applying to your face or it will be tough to work with your skin. I love the smell. It smells like pumpkin and nutmeg! The packaging is so cute although I have seen complaints on the glass jar, which you would have to be careful with but that doesn't bother me. The look of the scrub doesn't bother me, it looks organic but I could see how it would upset some customers. Overall this product is an amazing product and I recommend this to anyone!

on 5/18/2014 6:51:00 PM

Love love love this stuff!! It exfoliates your face beautifully, and once you rinse; your skin is so smooth!! It doesn't leave me all red and irritated in the face like a lot of other products tend to. Overall this is a great buy!

on 3/12/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This looks like some alien goo. It did nothing for the blackheads and was very sticky and grainy to apply. It has cloves and nutmeg and other skin irritants. Overall, did not feel like a clean scrub and was especially harsh for the face. Way overpriced too and the little tub looks unhygenic to re-use the product from.

on 1/20/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff !!! Its thick and you dont need much its not harsh kn your skin at all i have been using it for yrs and leaves my skin smooth and looking amazing!!! It even takes off my make up !! I will continue using this as long as i can!!! The only thing it comes in a glass jar which u have to dig in when its running super low other than that buy it!!!

"Natural" stuff does not work for me. I reviewed avalon cream and this cleanser is just as bad. First, my skin feels dirty after. Second, it's slimy. Like the scene in Ghostbusters where the green thing attacks Bill Murray and his face is covered in goop. Third, it's so freaking expensive for one tiny jar! I broke out. I felt nasty. Ok, I get that people want to be eco-friendly, but I'm sorry, I just can't handle this one. On a side note, the burts shampoos are bad too.

I really like this scrub. It's not too harsh or overly abrasive but manages to scrub really well. It leaves my skin really soft and moisturized. I have purchased this numerous times and will continue to purchase this if I can find it (it's getting harder and harder to find).

on 8/17/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is thick, some reviewers said the older formula was thick and this one is more watery, the ingredients doesn't even list water! The one I have is so thick when i turn it upside down (without the lid) nothing moves.

Here's the ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, sweet almond oil, almond flour, oat flour, orange peel powder, rosebuds powder, pecan shells, grapefruit seed extract, glucose (sugar), nutmeg powder, clove powder, orange oil, fragrance, rosemary leaf oil, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative), tocopherol (vitamin E).

You only receive 2 ounces, but you only need a dime size amount with some water.
This product is very gentle, I felt little tiny "beads" and saw some orange peels in the actual product on my face. My face didn't seem irritated by this product, it didn't burn, sting, or turn red. My face feels smoother, looks brighter and clearer!

I will update in a few days!

on 7/15/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff! I have to admit that over the years I haven't been as diligent about exfoliating my skin as I should have been. All I've ever really used was the St. Ives Apricot scrub off and on since I was about 15 (I'm now 30). Since I've been self-tanning this spring and summer I've started exfoliating more regularly again but didn't want to use St. Ives anymore after reading about how the apricot and walnut shell pieces can actually cause tiny tears in your skin which thin, damage, and age it over time. I found this product and gave it a try. It feels SO much less abrasive on my skin and makes my skin feel soooo soft and smooth after. It gives me such a beautiful glow! I just love it. The jar isn't all that big, but you really only have to use the tiniest amount for your whole face. I will definitely continue to use and repurchase this product. For reference my skin is moderately sensitive. I'm not breakout prone, but so many products cause irritation, rashes, bumps, dry patches, etc. I've had no problems whatsoever with this product.