Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

on 3/25/2015 9:42:00 AM

Product went on very easy. Pleasant smell. Dried moderately quick . I let the tan develop overnight and showered in AM. Very minimal color rinse off. No streaks or orangey color. I am light skinned/ prone to freckling. Warm bronze color. Natural warm look. I would highly suggest buying 2 bottles when purchasing because item seemed to be hard to find in local stores.

on 2/22/2015 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for a couple years now. I have light to medium skin tone depending on the time of the year. This product give me a nice warm tan. Not orange. More like a brownish red. Or at least that what it looks like on my skin. I apply it all over one day. Then the second day I mix with my lotion for a lighter coverage. The scent isn't as strong as other self tanners. It wears off ok. Sometimes patchy if I don't exfoliate. It also has a color guard. For the price and quality I will continue to repurchase.

on 1/10/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love love love this product! I have been using this for about five years, I have tried many different sunless tanners before this one, including the sunless salon spray booths and even the more expensive ones like st. tropez :(.. not even comparable) and I always come back to my good ol banana boat.

I have normal light to medium skin tone, usually tan pretty easily and I try to take very good care of my skin, so I use this product year round, usually once or twice a week. I did give it four stars because it does leave a slight smell a few hours after it dries. I don't notice much of a smell while applying though. Nothing comparable to my experience with the smell of sunless spray booths (which I can't stand.)

It is of a lotion consistency and I find it easy to apply with my hands and use after showering. Most of the time I'm limited on time, so I don't really exfoliate before and I apply it like any other lotion I would use on my arms, legs/body. Very few times have I noticed a streak here or there (prob because I didn't take the time to rub in good). It doesn't moisturize as much as I prefer, but I can use my daily moisturizer over the top after it dries with no effect to the color at all.

I also like that it is buildable. So I can use it 2 or 3 days in a row and have an awesome glow. The deep dark color works well with my skin tone. It does look very dark coming directly out of the bottle, but you can barely see where you applied it to your skin. I used the medium color once and found it didn't have enough buildable color for my personal liking.

I have gotten many compliments on my nice glow. The color is not even the slight bit "fake" looking and like I said you can build the color so you determine what looks good. And for the price (about $8 at Wal-Mart) I buy two just to be sure I don't run out! I even used this while I was pregnant during the summer months, and no one would have known I hadn't been in the sun!

on 6/2/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One of the best drugstore self tanners! My second favorite to the Tanwise Lotion which is just a few bucks more. The consistency of this stuff is divine - a very creamy lotion that reminds me of pudding. The smell doesn't bother me, in fact it reminds me of picking up Banana Boat's foam self tanner from the dollar store when I was 10 and the mishaps that came from that. Like all of the other reviews state, this does give amazing color. It's very deep and dark, and that's when I apply two layers. The only downside to this is that in some lighting this does have an orange tint to it. I am also EXTREMELY pale (whitest white, blue veins and all) without self tanner and if you miss a spot or don't blend completely the contrast of the colors is just awful and so un-natural.

on 6/1/2014 9:18:00 PM

This is honestly one of the best drugstore self tanners! I'm not a fan of the smell when applying the self tanner but the color is such a deep/dark bronze that its worth it! I didn't experience any orange coloration but I would've rated it all 5 stars if it lasted longer. Overall, it's a good self tanner if your on a budget!

on 5/19/2014 5:28:00 PM

This is the best self tanner you can find in a drugstore. Once you master applying it, its the easiest thing and looks great. I've been using it for a year now and I'm still in love with it.

This review is for Banana Boat Summer Color Self Tanning lotion in Deep Dark. I utilized the entire bottle before writing this review.

Pros: Scent of the lotion is minimal and very tolerable.
The color guide is light and not too dark.
Cost of product is fair and budget friendly.
Color is tolerable, although it is still too yellow/orange.

Cons: I gave this self tanner 4 stars because NO sunless tanner on the market is perfect and can replicate a natural looking tan. My skin still looked yellow/orange even when I applied this lotion mixed with my moisturizer to give my skin a more gradual tan effect.
This lotion was a bit too greasy, which is probably due to the petrolatum in the product.

on 3/31/2014 4:07:00 AM

I have tried everything. I have tried spray tan machines, and custom spray tans. However they all work, but after 3-4 days my whole body is scaly and you can tell my spray tan is coming off. I have gone back to this product multiple different times. I have very very pale skin. Tanning just isn't a option for me because my skin color does not change. The people who have given this bad reviews have not practiced applying it. The first few times you apply this, you will probably notice spots you miss, and find streaks down the back of your legs. Once you practice you eventually learn little tricks. The biggest trick for me, is not to apply a lot. We all want to wake up tan, but if you have that in mind when applying this, you will end up orange and streaky!! Apply small amounts and run in VERY good. Keep rubbing until you don't feel like you have anything else to rub in, and then rub some more!
After two applications you will have a noticeable healthy tan :)
For my face, I mix with regular face lotion and apply all the way down my check onto my arms!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the ST I keep coming back to! I'm very pale so my favorite way to apply is by mixing it into my regular nightly post-shower moisturizer, about 50/50 of each. It's not an overnight deep dark tan but it's also less mistake-prone this way. Also way less maintenance and time-consuming: exfoliation, gloves, etc, no thank you! After about 5 days I've got a good natural looking color going on, then I just reapply every 2-3 days to maintain. Smell isn't noticeable the next morning.

on 1/23/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I keep coming back to this winner. Even now, in the winter so I don't look so garish in the gym lights or ski resort hot tub. Absolutely the best looking tan that fades naturally without scaling. Once a week is all I need. Use latex gloves and you never tan your palms.2 people asked me this last week if I'd "been south" Nope but I don't mind looking like I have.

Top Rated Banana Boat Products