July 31, 2014 | 1972 users online

Body Scrubs - MD Skincare by Dr. Dennis Gross - MD Skincare - Alpha Beta Body Peel

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by theskinny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. I like what it does for my very dry skin.. It exfoliates with Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids, while moisturizing with Green Tea Extract and antioxidants. And while I love what it does for my skin, I will NOT purchase it again. I have to use about 4 pads from each step to cover my whole body. They should rethink the packaging of this product. The Glow Pad that Dr. Dennis Gross makes is a small towel. Maybe make each of these pads a larger towel? Or sell them packaged like wipes? I just feel horribly ripped off purchasing them. They do a good job producing a quality product, but the manufacturer has not perfected the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Alpha Beta facial peel a lot, but haven't been able to justify the cost. The version for the body comes in at a lower price tag, and though the pads are more rough I think the ingredients are very similar. Anyway, I bought this for use on my face and am pleased with it. It refines my skin but doesn't burn or dry my face, and though it's still expensive it's not nearly as bad as the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mamieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like these and actually use them on my face even though the packaging says not to. I tried the face pads first and didn't like the smell or the floppy square shape of them, so I decided to see if these would work instead. I find them much more to my liking. I cut them in half to stretch usage, and they really help keep my skin soft and exfoliated with daily use. They don't sting any more than the face pads did, either. That said, I don't have terribly sensitive skin, so your mileage may vary.
The main two downsides to this product are the packaging and the price. I'm on my third order of these, and I've learned that if you don't use them quickly enough, they'll start drying out in their containers. So you have to make sure to close the lids tightly after every use, and even then some of the moisture will escape. Also, I'd check eBay for better deals rather than buying them full-price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading many magazine reviews over the years I knew I wanted to try this product, but could never justify the price. I finally decided to take the plunge and buy this after winter was over when my back was so inflamed with breakouts and eczema, and marked with brown spots and scars from old breakouts. I apply this at night, after showering (post-workout, if that made any difference). One pad was able to cover my back, chest, torso, butt, and side of my hips, and itís easy to apply. Although I wasnít thrilled that the Step 1 pad had added fragrance, it was a pleasant citrus scent and it doesnít seem to bother my skin. After 5 minutes, I applied the Step 2 pad, which neutralizes the acids in the first pad. I immediately noticed that this was not drying. My skin felt comfortable and soft, not tight or itchy. Twenty-four hours after using this for the first time, my back inflammation was completely calmed, and one large cystic zit was healing. Even my husband noticed that my back looked better; and thatís saying something. I did not use this everyday, but rather three times a week to make it last longer. On non-peel days, I use an Extra-Strength Stridex Pad (which is mildly drying). After a few weeks, my backs blemishes and spots were cut in half. By the time all the pads were used up (three months later), there was an overall improvement, but I just donít think I can justify the price tag. After using the product for about two months, I quit using the Step 2 pad. I didnít notice that this made any difference to my back, but at least it didnít irritate. I wonít buy this again, the price is too much. I think Iíll try a one-step peel/pad next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetgirl7

I thought after reading the reviews for this I would love it, I expected so much more by the description. I will not buy this again, I am not saying it doesn't do anything, it just doesn't do $78 worth.

I used it for almost a week and the only thing it did was make my skin feel soft...my lotion does this

9-16-07 update
after having this for a week now, I took it back, I expected way more because of the price and what it says it should do....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I just used this product for the first time with samples I received from Skinstore. I used it on my chest, top of back and elbows. I can't tell you how smooth and silky my skin felt after using it. My chest also has some sun damage and I am hoping I have the same results as the other lady did. I just ordered the full sized kit. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by thegoodlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my hg bacne treatment. i wish i could afford to keep buying it, but at $80 a month, it adds up. it gets rid of my bacne like nothing else though. if you can afford this little habbit, i highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by fiestyfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like this body peel alot. If you got a little acne on your back this will definately help. The peel is in a little swiper pad with two steps to it. You use the first one, and a few minutes later apply the next. Only used this a couple days and keep an update. Definately like what i see. Tried alot of other products to clear up my back and this is the only one that works the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by BonnieBlue1

This is a great product. Surface peel, had some minor peeling (like light sunburn w/o burn). Not harsh. Cleared up skin and faded some old scars. Packaging should be better, product dries up quickly. But I think as long as I use SPF on body, the results with last for awhile.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No