April 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Englishrose77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love , LOVE this! I ordered it as eau de toilette, not sure what to expect. Gorgeous fragrance; clean, fresh, absolutely lovely. I got so many compliments I was astounded, because it's a very classy, subtle fragrance. Men especially seem to love it; quite a surprise, because it's such a soft, fresh feminine scent, and very understated. I am so taken with it I ordered the full bottle eau de parfum. Annick Goutal hit it out of the park with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all I would like to review the body wash of this fragrance. I purchased the body wash at least 5yr ago, expensive however very worth it. I stopped using it bec I developed very itchy skin, not from the fragrance but from other things I was also using while showering. So one day looking through the cabinet this is what I found at the back of it and pulled it out and somehow the fragrance became more deep and not to say it was powdery but a deep vanilla peachy pear fragrance that was so yummy. I only used the shower/body wash on my legs and the scent was so incredible it filled the entire ensuite and bedroom with such a beautiful scent, but the main thing was the smell lingered on my clothes until the next day. I guess the fragrance mellowed yet got somewhat stronger sitting in the cabinet away from the light. I am surprised bec of the deepened pear/peach was more obvious than the vanilla smell, either way it is beautiful to me. I have had many of Annick Goutal's fragrances all of them quite worth the money I spent, the only one I have left is an entire bottle of Eau de Ciel which to me is more spring like, with noticeable notes of Iris and Hay, but beautiful as wll. As for the fragrance Petite Cherie, I have only a large decant and I also find the smell very soft yet it lingers at least on me for over 10 hrs. With the fragrance I find the pear/peach/vanilla dont over power one or the other, it is such a combination of scents that sometimes I smell pear, then I pick out the peach and then the vanilla. Each scent adds to the other.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved the first bottle of EDP I purchased, the second bottle just didn't seem to meet the standards of the first. I have no clue why. That said, I don't care for the EDT version of this as on me the dry down is watery an weak. I only wear EDP of any fragrance therefore in stronger concentration this is much nicer. For nearly a decade this has been one of my summer scents in heavy rotation, that time is over. Why? I believe the formula has been tweaked just enough to be off putting to me. Opening pear notes appeal to me, although I usually detest fruit notes this one is likable enough. But, on me, a dry grassy note emerges which I just don't care for. After that bursts forth I get a lily of the valley floral which I love but she's so muted that the more I try to smell the less I capture. In the end this is a rather elusive fragrance that morphs too much for my persona. I like a scent to either be what I initially smell or morph into something complex and lovely. This no longer does what it did during my first bottle. I still really like this scent but I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The opening really smells like pear. I'm actually surprised by this because most things I've tried which were supposed to smell like pear usually just smell like "indistinct fruity note" to me. This actually smelled like a pear fruit.

After a few minutes, I get almost a floral note from this. It reminds me of lilly of the valley. There is no lilly of the valley listed so I suppose this may actually be the rose and grass notes.

This note also disappears in a few minutes and the scent settles into that "indistinct fruity note" with a barely musky undertone. I suppose this the peach, although I can't actually recognize it specifically as peach.

Overall, this is soft, clean and slightly fruity. It is pleasant enough, something I'd like to wear when I wanted something light and young. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long after applicaiton.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Very linear on me, like a peach body lotion. My sister thought it smelled like shampoo. Nothing I liked all that much.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty scent if you like fruit-scented perfumes, which I happen to love. It definitely smells like pears-very light and sweet-smelling. It seems to smell even sweeter after it is on your skin for a few minutes. I may have given this a 4, really, but like most everyone else has said, the fragrance just doesn't last at all! It was almost completely gone in less than an hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

This is sweet and has pleasant notes of pear and peach, but there's something a bit too sharp and off-putting about it. The top notes reminded me of the sharp, sterile smell of a dentist's office and I can't seem to shake the association. I can understand why people like it, but it's not soft enough to deliver the fruit notes faithfully.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by melikai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, but although it smelled nice at first, the peach seemed to overpower everything else after a minute or two, and it became much too sickly-sweet for me. It made me feel nauseous. :(
A very simple, pretty scent overall, but the peach ruins it. It also fades very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There hardly seems a point to writing a review as there are so many good ones here, but I have such a soft spot for this one I wanted to recognise this. I purchased it when it first came out and I was in my early 20s. I wore it throughout the rest of my 20s, not quite as a signature but in rotation of only a few scents and I received compliments all the time. I love the rose in this so much and have never smelled this precise rose in any other fragrance, even in all of the Goutal roses. It is unique and worth testing just to experience this - very sweet and lush. I never had a problem with a bottle going off, and I found the body lotion to be very good too, true to the scent and good for layering. I won't wear this anymore as it is so anchored in my memory to a specific time in my life, but I have a little sample vial I like to sniff occasionally.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by leeyinping

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the 3 Annick Goutal fragrances I own. It's a very pretty and light scent. But the reason why I decided to write this review is because this fragrance causes eczema on me. So, for anyone with this condition, please test the frangrance before purchasing. I do not have any issues with the other two.