Cover Girl Wet Slicks Opal Essence

4.3

on 2/27/2011 6:43:00 PM

I loved this lip gloss! I have it in a couple differnt shades. The scent and quality are both great! It stays on for a really long time and also doesn't get all sticky or anything. It is also VERY good for moisturizing your lips. And that's coming from someone with chapped lips year round. Plus, it's not that expensive either. It's definately worth the money. Go buy this for your next lip gloss!

on 7/25/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the color of this gloss! It stays on very well, and doesn't leave that wierd, thick line between your lips like other glosses do. I would definitely buy this again.

HG Lipgloss. I'm naturally very pale, and when I put this on its like a nude. It's a very light, cool pink. I think it looks really pretty and cute, not sexy or anything, but it's a good one for school. My tan friends who have tried this on didn't like it though; on one of them, her lips turned purple for some reason. This gloss has a sweet fruity scent, and it feels true to its name: wet! Not sticky at all, which is great because I hate sticky glosses. Will repurchase soon because I'm running out. :)

on 3/27/2008 2:44:00 PM

I generally love glosses with a 'nude' colour (something that leans to the white, beige, brown range of colours) since my lips are naturally rosy. Although this gloss doesn't cover rosiness of my lips completely, if gives a nice sheen and decreases the 'red' in my lips. It also isn't as sticky/goo-ey as some lip glosses are, which is a good thing. I will probably buy it again if I had the chance, but I live in Hong Kong, so hey... no Cover Girl anywhere near me : P

i was hoping for this gloss to be a bit more opaque, i have naturally very red lips and i wanted a very pale and opaque pink to tone them down. the gloss is very pretty though, it is a milky-pale pink with almost fuschia shimmer. one coat is rather sheer and enough for most people, i like two coats for a bit more coverage. i love the scent and it is the best solution for my problem that i have found so far.

on 2/6/2006 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: Will not repurchase, this product is basically mineral oil ( baby oil with mica and dyes, with added parabens.
_________________________________________________________

I love this color, it got a beautifull pink sheen and the color is not at all pale like the tube, don't be afraid of the look in the tube ( I bought tutu at first cuz I though opal essence was to pale , I was wrong tutu actually looks paler on your lips then opal e. ) My favorite wetslick with Peaches & Gleam. continued >>

on 1/17/2006 12:03:00 PM

This reminds me a lot of an old Wet 'n' Wild nail polish I once had (Crystalic?) or L'Oreal's (discontinued) On the Loose shimmering powder in Mystified. Both had a creamy base color with a pale pink opalescent 'flash' that was super-pretty. This is just like that nail polish, except that the very nature of it--as a gloss--means that the sweet irridescent effect tends to get blended away unless one really piles this on and without spreading it out (sorta 'dab' it with the wand). If I just smear it on, then it gives my medium-pigmented lips a pale pink shine (no visible glitter). I think a thicker, stickier texture (in fact, MAC's discontinued Shadebender in Sorcery is a good match for this in color, but has a lipglass-like texture) would've made the effect more pronounced, but it's pretty and I do enjoy the light vanilla scent and thin, slick, non-greasy texture of the regular Wetslicks. I may repurchase this when I run out.

on 5/26/2005 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a fan of white eye shadow or lip gloss with a pink/blue/purple sheen to it and when I saw this I had to have it. It has more pink in it than anything else lightening and brightening my lips along with the shine.

on 5/8/2005 12:41:00 AM

HG lipgloss! I use this alone, with lipstick and with liner and it never looks bad. My fave use is with a lipstick that is the wrong color/too/dark/ugly and it changes it entirely. It is like an opal and reflects all colors with a more pink tone than anything. Absolutely cannot live without.

Popular Lip Glosses