October 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - American Beauty - Barefaced Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***UPDATE***
This is now $14.50. I still only buy it when I get $10 off coupons in the mail. Otherwise it's too expensive. Sonia K's eye makeup remover is $10 and does the same, if not a better job.

American Beauty eye makeup remover is still a very good makeup remover. It takes off my Japanese waterproof liquid eyeliner and mascara without any problem.

***Original Review***

I buy this for $2.50 every time I get a $10 Kohl's card in the mail. For $2.50 this is the best eye makeup remover on the market.

It's normally $12 which is a tad expensive. Quality-wise it is comparable to Sonia K's eye makeup remover at Target. It takes off waterproof mascara very well (I've been using Kiss Me Heroin mascara).

So if you can get it at a discount, this is a great makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by beadjunky

I have to admit, this is the first makeup remover I have ever used up. I have tried similar bi-phase (oil/water) removers from Clinique and Lancome, and this seems to work just as well for less money. I also waited to get a good discount with my Kohl's card and stocked up on what I would need for a year (about 2). I ended up paying around $9 a bottle. It thoroughly removes my waterproof mascara without irritating my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 4:00:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I said I wouldn't buy this product again because I'm hoping I can find a drugstore remover that works just as good or better. I'd been using a Neutrogena makeup remover that did a terrible job, so I figured it was worth paying the extra money to get a makeup remover that actually removed makeup instead of just smudging it around in a greasy mess. This works really well, I love everything about it except for the price. If you don't mind paying the extra money then this is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

This is very obviously a knockoff of Clinique's Take the Day Off, but when I used it while testing shades at the American Beauty display, I experienced a stinging sensation, especially if I got it anywhere near my eyes. Paula Begoun's review indicates that the rose extract in this makeup remover can be irritating, so perhaps that's what it is. Admittedly I have *very* sensitive skin with rosacea so this might not be a problem for others. Fans of the Clinique remover may want to check this out, but if you have sensitive skin or eyes, I'd be cautious and test it before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by miss_LOVELY

Lately, I've been writing a few reviews on the beauty lines at Kohl's. Reason being, I think a review on an item as unknown as them would benefit MUA more than another review on MAC fluidliner (no offense, i love it, but many know about it already)Out of the two makeup cleansers at Kohl's, I much prefer this one than Flirt's See Ya. As like the previous user stated, Bi-Facil users would like this. As for the greasiness, I don't mind that too much because I always have to use a cleanser right after a makeup remover anyones (in case of leaving any film on my face) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

This is a dead ringer for Clinique's Take The Day Off makeup remover for $3.00 less. Bi-Facil fans will like it, too. I gave it 4 lippies because I still think this (and the others like it) DO leave a bit of a greasy film even though they claim they don't. It does the job though and I like keeping a bottle around.