December 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Brilliance-Sparkling Touch for Lips

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Alanna84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in shade #4, sparkling garnet. It is my absolute favourite lip product. I have big lips that are quite pigmented and it seems like a lot of lipsticks and glosses go unnaturally pink and fake looking on me, or they just don't show up at all. This shade is a very natural looking red tint.

The only problems with it are the lasting power which is sooo limited, and the irritating applicator. Not a fan of the strawberry scent either.

This product is super cheap on all cosmetics wholesale (shipping is too expensive for Australians though), and a reasonable price on strawberrynet. I would never buy anything retail from YSL counters again, the prices really don't reflect value.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I wasnt overly fussed with this product and gave it to my mum who loves it. I didnt like the pen applicator for it, and found it a bit messy with the gloss on the tip. Also found the gloss turned into beads of sorts on my lips, it didnt stay smooth! Thumbs down from me, ysl! I expected a lot lot more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

The packaging of this is similar to Touche eclat and is probably the only thing I really like about this lip gloss. The texture is ok, not too sticky but it isn't creamy either. I have the shade #4 which is a sheer pinkish red color with a lot of glitter. I'm not a fan of the scent either, it reminds me of strawberries (or some other berries) but it seems kinda cheap for a YSL product. I don't think this is worth the money, buy Jordana's Incolor lip shine or e.l.f.'s hypershine lip gloss instead, they are 20 times cheaper and you basically get the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite glosses. It's high drama due to the metallic finish; however, there is very little stickiness since it doesn't have a "goopy" formula associate with most glosses.
The color selection is limited but very strong. My favorite is #2 - a shimmery nude/beige that can be worn alone or over a lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product for evenings, to dress up bare lips in a hurry. The product spreads easily and feels like lip balm, so I apply 2 dots in center of bottom lip, and smack lips together. No need for mirror. The sparkles stay on after gloss has worn off. I have #8, Sparkling Nude, a sheer, nude mauve-brown. What I don't like is that the glitter migrates a bit on bare lips, especially since reapplication adds more glitter. but a clear lip liner or waxy lip balm can prevent this. I don't mind migration at night, but during the day, I apply the tiniest dot over another gloss or lipstick. I do not reapply the Touche Brilliance. I wouldn't get more colors, as owning one super sparkly product is enough, but I would repurchase. Packaging is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just picked this up today in #6, it's a beautiful pale pink shade with glitter. I love it. Of course, the applicator is the best part. You feel totally glam clicking it! Even when some of the gloss wears away, your lips still look lucious and glossy because of the sparkles. Love love love love it. Hate the price though. Victoria's Secret has a similar product that's much bigger and much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by LY80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in #2 and it's one of the best glosses I've tried. #2 is a gold shimmery clear gloss that is great alone or on top of lipstick or a stain. I use this on top of my 'the body shop' lip and cheek stain. The consistency is not sticky and the gloss has a sweet taste. The smell is pleasant too- fruity but not sweet. The packaging is excellent-- unlike Stila lip glazes, the click applicator dispenses just the right amount of gloss and a good rate and does not leak. I am going to definitely try the other colors when I'm done with this. But overall I think this is a good investment because the color is so versatile (it's colorless) and works with every other lip product you may have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ilgs

Just one downside to this lip gloss - it has to be constantly reapplied, some other glosses have better longevity. Yet everything else about it is excellent - I have shade #4, a sheer, shimmery garnet. MLBB shade for me (I have rather red lips). It's very shimmery yet feels soft, no harsh bits of glitter in this one. The package is genius - it must be the best lip gloss package ever ever ever, you just paint your lips with the (firm and very nice) brush and pump its backside to get more color pushed into the brush from the inside of the tube. No leakage. So practical. Just amazing!

The color range is also fab - there is pink, gold, apricot...
I especially love my garnet shade - it's not easy to get red lip gloss that's not too dark. Most of them are different shades of pink, with a few muted rosebrowns mixed in, plus one of two dark red-browns.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sooyoungkim

Lots of shimmer, very little glossiness, rather tacky, dry texture. I think I bought this in the afterglow of a Golden Gloss purchase. I don't like the click pen format- very little control. I guess one could use this on the center of the lower lip if one need to touch up and finds herslef not within reach of any Vanilla or Golden Lemon (I use the third person here because it would take wild horses for me to consider touching up)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in two shades, 2 and 3. Nr. 2 is a golden beige sparkle and 3 is a darker hot pink sparkle. There really isn't much color in these at all, instead it makes your lips very sparkly. I would really like to love these since the packaging (like with most YSL products) screams luxury and the candy scent is absolutely wonderful. But I just can't figure out when to wear these, I'm not much for sparkles and glitter, especially not on my lips. And this is the kind that never dissapears either, instead I seem to find them all over my face in a while.