July 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Sleepy Head Scalp Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by quiet1

I am so annoyed Lush discontinued this. While it wasn't a fragrance I'd wear as 'scent' it was the BEST at helping me get to sleep. Just a little rubbed on my chest where I could smell it as I went to sleep would make so much difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

This bar is meant to be rubbed into and around your scalp, but I've never used it there. Instead, I use it as a general body moisturizer. This bar is all oils and butters, and for me, it would be way too greasy. So, I use it all over the body, but I've found the best way to use it is to bring it into the bath, rub all over, rinse, and pat dry (much like Lush tells you to do with King of Skin). That works nicely in the winter. The scent is an herbal lavender, like other of Lush's bedtime products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by elsier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this (and other massage bars) as an all over body moisturizer. It's mostly an excellent lavender scent, though a couple of times I've gotten a cat-urine-like note that didn't last long, but makes it less than perfect. Works wonderfully as a moisturizer. I'll probably purchase again to layer with some of my lavender fragrances. And because the design on the bar is pretty cool. If they used the same mold for other (better scented) massage bars I'd be the happiest customer ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Anonamizz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am half way on this one. I would absolutely love this bar, love it, except for the fact that in the beginning the smell was faint I could barely smell it, and now, only after one month, it seems to have turned bad, smells like lavendar and something not quite so nice. But I like the moisturizing qualities the bar has. I understand that since they use a bunch of natural ingredients everything might not turn out the same, but I'm still not completely sold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by glitterpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is surprisingly helpful for sleeping. I have severe insomnia, and I am trying to get off sleeping pills because they are not even working anymore. What I need is good healthy natural sleep. So I decided to try some aromatherapy with Lush's sleepy themed stuff. This smells so good. It is a soft lavendar, not too strong, just relaxing and pleasant. I actually crave this scent, and I usually prefer to smell foody scents over herbal. But this smells so good and it really relaxes me and helps me sleep the slightest bit better, and really any sleep is better than none! I have my SO massage my whole back, but I find it even works if I rub some myself on just my shoulders. It is not too greasy even though it has a butter consistency. It didn't leave my back oily like I was worried about, and it actually stays on my skin and doesn't rub off on my bed! My skin feels really soft and best of all it helps me fall asleep without taking a pill! Another winner from Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Lydeelee

I find that having this as part of my nightly ritual is helping me sleep. I have already rebought it once, I will be buying it again. I also like the schnuggle body, dream cream and dreamtime temple balm etc. But this and schnuggle is my favourite.

I HATE Lush's packaging. If they sold a separate container that I could reuse for storing it I'd pay for that. I hate the fact I have nothing appropriate to store this in. If I didn't like this product so much I wouldn't be rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

I adore this massage bar! It smells just like dreamtime, but the scent is a little lighter at least in my bar. The bar is huge and I use it like a normal massage bar, not a scalp bar. It is just like therapy and it sinks in pretty quickly and leaves skin feeling soft and smelling good! I love that they finally made the dreamtime scent in lots of products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by maxinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This massage bar smells similar to Therapy but my hubby and I like it better. Also with Therapy, we both had that initial feeling of our skin sort of feeling itchy the first few minutes that Therapy is massaged on, but with this that was gone. It's also bigger than most of the bars (90gms), but I would not use it again to massage my head/scalp... too oily. I have been able to sleep soundly after using this. I just don't know if that will be consistent. Overall however, this is our new favorite massage bar and a definite repurchase.