December 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Cover Smooth Foundation

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have this in 857 Bronzed. I really wanted to like this foundation, but it broke me out so badly I don't think I can do it again. I don't know why, but my skin does not agree with this particular foundation; I was disappointed because I don't ever have an issue with Wet 'n' Wild cosmetics. The sad thing is that it looks & works so well on me! The formula is thin/watery & it's light (MAYBE medium) coverage. I recommend this only if you don't have any skin discolouration or acne issues because the coverage is really that light. Like another reviewer commented, this can be used as something as a tinted moisturizer.

Even though it's hard to apply because of the consistency, it smooths & blends easily. I just apply it with a foundation blush. The scent is really strong & I can only describe it as the store Michaels around Christmas, but it does give a natural, smooth finish. If I wasn't allergic, I would definitely buy it again & use it frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Actually pretty good for the price, but I would call it more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. Great for days when you feel like light coverage, but if you are looking for a full coverage foundation this is not it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by rockgirlqt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is really good if you don't have problems with acne because it is light coverage, though it will smooth out your face and give you a clear face. The price is great and affordable. I would recommend this to beginners who don't have the experience to use or work with MAC or Nars foundations( any high end brand foundatation). The bottle is annoying because if you spew out too much, it is a waste. There is a good variety of colors and skin tones. There is SPF 15 which is nice so you don't need a moisturize that has SPF. I would recommend you to try it because it's not bad, especially with the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by AMD18134

OK seriously... why do they call this a foundation? I bought this after reading a lot of good reviews on here, but in my opinion, this is NOT a foundation. It didn't cover up ANYTHING, it just disappeared the moment I put this on my face.. since it said "Ultimate cover" I figured it would be a medium to full coverage foundation, maybe a cheaper alternative to my colorstay, but NOPE, no coverage, super watery. Now I have really visible acne scarring and I had high hopes this would work, but it was just a sunscreen for me, it shouldn't even pass as a tinted moisturizer, since it hardly evens out my skintone. Oh, and even though I couldn't see it on my skin, the minute it dried I touched my face and it kind of balled up. what's that about?? I'll still use this as a primer for a sunscreen under the rest of my makeup, but I'll never wear this alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by AllieN

I really am not a fan of this product. I have pale skin, and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dark. It covered OK, though. I probably will not buy this again. But, it really was priced well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by pantobi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

omg!
this is such a bargain.
i got it from cvs because it was only 2.99, and i thought, well, might as well give it a try.
i get to the register, and i find out its 50% off!
i got home and decided to test this product.
it made my skin beautiful!
it made my pores look tiny (if you could see my pores at all), it wasnt greasy, and lastly, it covered EVERYTHING!
i see other users talking about the funky smell, but the smell didnt bother me at all. in fact i kinda liked it.
for under $3, i think this is a golden deal, and i would def buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its doesnt cover everything but is fairly good..... Its surley not for oily skin. it was all under my eye like water and on my face like oil..i think the smell isnt bad pretty interesting to me on account of the ingredients. Id wear it for a tinted mouturized

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Rach008

I LOVE the product but I could do without the smell. As many of the other reviewers have already said this product does have a fairly strong scent. I didn't like the smell at first but it fades away quickly and I've gotten used to it. The smell was not enough to stop me from using this makeup because it is the best foundation I've found and also the least expensive (which is always a plus!) It smooths over my skin very evenly and blends very nicely I absolutely love how my skin looks and feels when I am wearing this makeup. The only other complaint that I have is that the bottle makes it hard to get the makeup out at first I had to shake the bottle really really hard to get the foundation to come out but then I started storing it upside-down and it comes out of the bottle so easily now. Battling the poor packaging/bottle is a pain but not enough to discourage me from using this product. I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a low-price foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by blink182girl03

I bought this on sale at rite aid and I actually like this foundation but the smell prevents me from using it. I wish they got rid of the smell and changed the bottle. Overall, I think its a decent foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is budget friendly , and smooths out my skin. I would classify this more as a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage. It says "ultimate cover" but it's really not which is ok with me. It even outs my skin tone, and provides a smoothing effect. If there is something you wanted to cover up, you would need to use concealer. I have the shade in Honee which matches my golden/light skin tone. The scent is sweet, and slightly medicinal but it fades away.