August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Blush - Scott Barnes - Chic Palette in Posh

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush, tried it a few times, and was horrified by how clownish it made me look. Luckily I didn't throw it out in haste (I tend to do this) because two years later, I purchased the Nars yachiyo brush and I fell in love! The secret to this blush is a good brush, and a VERY light hand! It is SO pigmented and you only need the slightest amount. Buff it into your skin and your skin looks aglow from within. I especially love the deep colour, although the medium colour is great for the apples of the cheek. The bonus is that you can mix and match the colours to suit your look and complexion. Now I am not afraid to use this blush! It is so beautiful on a warm medium complexion.

Oh, I forgot to mention the pan containing the deep colour fell out so I replaced it in the compact, only to find the blush had cracked the next day. So now I can't take it anywhere with me. What a bummer. But I bought the compact for such a cheap price I don't care! I still try to make do with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by maripequena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this online on a sale and I'm really glad I did. Really good product for the price!
The strongest color is very flattering on my skin tone (NC30 for reference), and the lightest is a very natural looking highlighter that makes my skin appear runway-like. The light rose on the middle didn't show up much, I guess it would be best suitable for paler skin tones.
The packaging is very expensive looking, but it's not the best thing on the go: the blushes are very loosely pressed and the case is easily opened, so do not carry this on your purse or you'll be risking to have a big mess!
All in all a good product if you are looking for some foolproof shades of blush and highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great palette, with three flattering and subtle pink blushes. I love the large mirror and generous pan sizes, and the formula of all the blushes is smooth and long-lasting. I took off one star because none of the shades are particularly unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by betseyjohnson77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a few of these,but theyll last me forever since i use my honey palette almost everyday! im not much of a pink girl but the quality of this palette is just amazing..the packaging,color,and lasting power are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by hammevo

This is an okay blush. It's not as pigmented as I would have liked, the highlighter doesn't really show up on my skin. The other two are pretty much your standard pink blushes, I just wasn't that impressed with it..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by 1stone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this for a great price on ebay.

I have dark brownish/auburn hair, dark blue eyes and very pale skin.

Frighteningly pink in palette, but just a tiny amount is needed, I barely dab my brush to the powder and sweep across my cheeks. PRETTY pink color, perfect for someone of my skin tone and hair color for that "snow white" look. I often use the pink highlighter with other blush shades, even aprioct colors, as it adds just a hint of pinkyness and a nice glow.

The compact is so sleek and stylish, I don't really care about that, but it is very nice, makes you want to pull it out of your purse and show it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this palette last year in a swap, and I'm VERY glad I did because it's not currently not available anywhere. It was my first-ever foray into this type of bright color. Those of us with olive-toned skin have to be careful with pinks because they can look very fake and over-done, like a girl playing makeup at her mother's vanity. So for years I would only wear peach-toned or very muted pinkish-beige shades. I am happy to report that this blush palette changed my mind completely-- the medium pink color is not really a blue-pink, it has a slight peach tone to it that makes this wearable for me. If I am going for the "pop" of color I will combine the medium and the dark colors. The texture of this powder is so fine, and that's the key to this product. It blends and sinks into the skin and looks real! I rank this equal to MAC Pink Swoon-- the Posh medium and dark shades have more pigment than Pink Swoon and so they are somewhat more versatile for different looks. The highlight color is very sheer and you can use it to blend out the deeper shades. Hope that the Scott Barnes palettes re-appear somewhere in the retail world. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Love Scott Barnes' packaging. The palette is kind of big, but sleek, flat and sophisticated. It houses three large pans of blush: an ice-pink (highlight); a medium, cool-toned baby pink (apple); and a super-bright, hot pink (contour).

The highlighter isn't iridescent or have an odd reflect, so it looks good even on my definitely yellow-toned skin. The medium shade is a great, everyday cheek color. I use the hot pink shade less than the others, but it works for adding a pop of color on my cheeks at night (I think it's a weird color to contour with, so I don't). If I'm in a rush, I just sweep my brush over all three pans and apply to the apples of my cheeks for a sweet pink glow. I love how sheer and silky, but buildable these colors are. Even though I blush more of a peachy color, the excellent, transparent satiny-matte finish makes them look natural on me.

I sometimes have a problem of pink blushes turning peach on me, but not Posh. Plus, there's no weird scent or any extra, useless applicators. I wish these palettes were cheaper, but overall, I'm happy with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by miasam17

This is the product I have been wanting for years!

The blush looks very very pink, but applied with a light hand, it gives my warm toned skin a healthy glow - just how it looks after an exercise. I think the 3 colors is what makes it different from other blushes - makes it look natural because of the interplay of matte, and pearly shades. Besides, when one blushes naturally, it doesn't appear as one tone only right?

Finally I found my blush! Wont switch to anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by balmsaway

I bought this at a discount at under 20 bucks, I have no problem saying I would buy it again. I do like the packaging...its sleek, attractive, and has a great mirror. The only thing is it doesn't have a snap. I'm not totally heart broken about it as I haven't had a problem with it thus far.
The formula blends in well.. Pigment is just right for my personal taste and how I like to wear my blush. I can wear this alone..or layered over a gel or cream blush for more punch and inner glow look. The choice of intensities and finishes at all in one compact, is ideal to me. Wear one, two or all three of them together.

update: i dont reach for this often at all....