Redken Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

4.2

Water/Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Xylose, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Oleth-10, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Disodium Cocamphodipropionate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polyquaternium-10 (D6260/5)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has become indispensable to my hair routine. I find that half a pump to one pump before my blow-dry makes my hair sleek, soft, with considerably less frizz. When I don't use it, my hair is so unmanageable and coarse. When I use more than one pump, however, I find that it weighs my hair down and makes it greasy. All in all, I'm really happy with this product. The trick is finding the amount that works for your hair length and type. For me, a little goes a huge way.

on 5/6/2014 11:49:00 AM

If you ever intend to buy this product after going through all the raving reviews but can only find the pink bottle version, I strongly advise you not to make the purchase. I have never tried the silver bottle version (as pictured above) so I don't know if the formula has been changed or it just doesn't suit me. However, the one I bought is an absolute nightmare. I would apply one pump of this and smoothed it onto my damp hair and proceed to blow drying it. Each time, I would end up with sticky straw-like hair. Is this what Redken meant by silky luxury?! Because I ain't feeling it! The previous Redken product I bought was their Real Control Thermal Resist and that left my hair feeling sticky, too.

Dear Redken, sticky is not the same as silky!

Son, I am disappoint.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(I don't know if the formula was changed but I bought the bottle with the new black and pink font packaging.)
I have thick/dry hair and the first time I tried this product my hair was ok..nothing spectacular.
The second time I tried this...it left my hair hard like as if I'd applied glue-and worst of all it dried it out and now its very very frizzy and it looks very damaged.
Worst thing I have ever used on my hair...
No I would never ever recommend this to anyone! even if this was being given away for free...

on 3/18/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fine med/long highlighted hair. This product did not work well for me at all. I was hoping for more smoothing and detangling properties since my hair is usually in tangles after I my shower. This did nothing for my tangles. I guess I am used to my Matrix Miracle treatment spray that really detangles and smoothes the hair prior to blow drying. I did read about others having the same result - not feeling smooth, slight straw feeling and that is how mine felt. It's going back. I am not saying it's a bad product but just for my hair personally it's not a good fit. Going back to Matrix Miracle Treat that gives volume but smoothes and detangles too.

on 9/9/2013 2:32:00 PM

I really love this stuff! I've tried so many products, and most of them just left my hair greasy and dry, but this makes my hair smooth and so soft (I can't stop touching my hair). The smell is flowery, and it lasts very long. I washed my hair this morning and I can still smell the flowery/soapy scent. And the best part is, I can even let my hair air dry with this product, and still have straight and shiny hair. I actually didn't blow dry my hair today to see if it would work, and it does. So I can skip blow drying my hair, and only blow dry it when there's a special occasion and I want it to be pin straight. I'm really happy I tried it, and I will definitely repurchase once I run out!

on 7/22/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is AMAZING. Seriously. I've been looking for a heat protectant that actually works, and this really does. My hair felt so soft and frizz-free after blow drying. Officially an HG. Can't wait to tell my sister to try it!

on 2/17/2013 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My HG hair-prep product!! I typically used Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, but felt that after awhile my hair looked a bit greasy on the ends and left my hair looking dry elsewhere. This makes my hair the shiniest it's been in a long while and really enhanced my straight styles. Haven't tried curling hair after applying and blow drying yet. Will update.

on 1/10/2013 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have a lot of fine and long hair. I use this amazing product in combination with the redken All softargan oil-6. Perfect combination!

I have never ever, ever liked a Redken product. I always buy them hoping they'll be good, and am always disappointed. Well, this is the exception to the rule. I got it because my "usual" product routine was leaving my hair bleh so I had to switch things up and grabbed this because it was on sale. Now, it took some practice and don't over use it, but it leaves my hair surprisingly soft and silky compared to other products out there. UPDATE - So, knocking it down - this product really builds up. I have to take breaks with this product. When it's fresh, it's lovely, but when it's not, it gets ucky. The Redken curse continues. Sigh.

on 12/2/2012 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A couple of pumpfuls of Moroccanoil and a pumpful and a half of Satinwear for my slightly below shoulder length hair and even hairdrying spazola like me gets pretty damn good results! Nice, gentle scent.