April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Lash Treatments - Mavala - Double-Lash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

After an unfortunate encounter with a vicious mascara, I was left with very sparse, weak eyelashes, particularly on my right eye. My eyelashes took to falling out, leaving me with little bald patches which were made more obvious when I applied mascara. It was getting desperate and I began to wonder if I would have ruined eyelashes for the rest of my life. That was until I read a review of this product and decided to try it...

I've been using this every week day (not weekends as I tend to be a little more relaxed about my beauty routine on those days) for about a month and I can honestly say I've seen a noticeable difference. Stupidly I forgot to take before and after pictures, but believe me when I say my eyelashes are in much better condition, I no longer have bald patches and I can once again wear mascara with confidence (yay!).

This is really easy to use; basically it's a milky-white liquid in a little bottle (10ml) which has a short, stubby mascara wand attached to the lid. You apply it in the same way as you would a regular mascara, but paying particular attention to the roots of your lashes. I've poked myself in the eye with the wand a couple of times (who hasn't?) and the liquid hasn't had any adverse affect on contact with my eye. It doesn't sting, leave my eyes red raw, burn or any other unpleasant side effects you can think of. And coming from someone who has super-sensitive skin and eyes, that says a lot!

This isn't cheap - 11.00GBP at John Lewis - but a little goes a long way. As mentioned above, I've been using this for a month already and the contents has barely gone down. I can easily see this lasting 6 months or more, so I think you actually end up getting your money's worth.

On the basis of the results I've seen, I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone looking to improve the appearance and condition of their eyelashes. This can also be used on eyebrows if you wanted to, making it a double-whammy of a product really!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MaryGoldStar

I've been using this product for 68 days without fail now & I can tell you this brand never lets me down! I mean, despite many other products it actually works & all the products I've used (including Cuticle oil & nail polishes) are of high quality. This specific one really helps lashes grow longer & denser, & I did start seeing the results since week 1. Even my first impression was really good. I use it once a day at nights before going to bed, on well-cleansed lashes. One bottle lasts a long time! So it's definitely worth the price. Overall, do not expect those lattise results u may find on Internet, but this really works well & you do see some results. & generally I like using it as a lash-boosting serum to enhance my lashesh & keep 'em enriched :) so I do recommend at least giving it a shot & to see if it's gonna work for you or not!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beztanya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Does indeed condition the lashes nicely, but can't say I am thrilled with this product like some other Mavala products

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Chrysanth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying this for about 2 weeks so far, and have seen some definite improvement. (My lashes are shorter & thinner than they used to be, which with me is probably down to ageing).
I can't compare it with any other products, as it's the first eyelash care one I've tried. (Apart from a brief trial of Vaseline, in my youth - it was the recommendation then, but it was a pain to clean it off well enough to use mascara!).

I gather Double-Lash has some ingredient or other that's also used in Japanese eyecare products, and that Japanese lashes tend to need more boosting than European ones (hence also Japanese mascaras being very good; so I understand, anyway).

As for the label obscuring the contents, mine peeled off easily and cleanly (and there's always WD-40 if it leaves any bits of sticky residue). A bonus, if you prefer not to advertise what unguents you use to the whole world, is that without a label it could be anything

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by tanseiyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this after reading a couple of good reviews for this product . Sadly, it didn't work for me nor for my mother(maybe its a genetic thing). I was using SkinPeptoxyl's eyelash growth serum before this , which worked a miracle because my eyelashes were very obviously much longer than before. This product not only didn't lengthen my lashes, it failed to sustain my lashes' new length T_T . A total disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I bought it to replace another product, which I felt was too expensive for my budget. This product is significantly cheaper and does the job well; I could definitely see my eyelashes growing faster, and baby lashes started to show as well. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by annasofie15

I bought this, because I had heard another beautyblogger talk about it, and so I though I'd give it a whirl.

The price is very reasonable in comparison to many other lash serums, which is really nice! The packaging isn't super pretty, looks like something rather hospital-like, but it is quiet practical, and you get a nice grib on the wand. The brush itself is pretty small and I haven't had any problems with not being able to reach those little outer- and inner corner lashes.

Now for the actual product - long story short, I really like it! From the very first morning when I woke up my lashes were a lot more uniform. After using it for about a week, my lashes were a LOT darker, fuller and stronger. Not noticing too much lenght, but it sure did help with that too. I also use this on my brows, and it makes them look fuller as well ;-)

On thing though! I have now used this for 3 weeks or so, and it's almost like the product stopped working as well as it did when I first got it.. But I still have lot left, so I will just continue using it untill I run out!

Definitely recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by evagafra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this product so-so since it does nothing for my lashes and brow. I've use it for about a month and still waiting for the result.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by stoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 16 day (it states that when used for 30 days the results are noticeable) and I must admit I am pleased with the results thus far :-) My eyelashes look and feel more lush & 'fluttery' (definitely longer & thicker) I love the look of them when I apply mascara & curl them! The price for the product is really reasonable considering the prices of some other products such as lumigan & latisse (but then again these may be more potent, I haven't tried them...) Also to add that my eyelashes have generally always been naturally thick & long but this has conditioned them more.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by LAC1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Was very disappointed with this product - particularly as I had read positive reviews. I bought this after eyelash extensions broke some of my natural lashes. After a few weeks I noticed regrowth and was pleased, but then I realised that it was just my lashes naturally growing back and had little to do with the product. I stuck with it for some weeks afterwards but it has made little or no difference. I had much better results with Ardel Lashes Growth Enhancer, which made my lashes noticeably longer. The only positive is that its cheap, but as it doesn't really work I guess you get what you pay for!