July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Skincare - Face - Cover Girl - Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by kelticmaddox

This is a review for the Cover Girl Clean eye and lip makeup remover:

I hate this eye makeup remover. I gave it 2 lippies because it removes eye makeup effectively, but it is soooo oily. It fogs up my eyes and the container leaks. I will never buy this again. One of the worst purchases I ever made.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2006 4:06:00 AM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product just fine. In theory I would rather go with an oil-free remover, but I like waterproof mascara and the highest rated oil-free remover here is still said to leave an oily film. I found the Cover Girl remover does the job well and the residue washes off with water, leaving the skin around my eyes are feeling nice and soft. If it doesn't break me out I'll buy it again happily. It's nicely priced too. I didn't notice a smell but then again I usually don't. UPDATE: After about two weeks of use, this thing would not remove makeup as well, and I had not changed any eye products! I started having to goop more and more on, needed a lot of rubbing... Left my eye area sore, AND it started fogging the HECK out of my eyes if any got in them! (Did not do this at first). Scary... I started using plain Vaseline per a review here, which worked great and seems very gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by HauteGirl22

I really like this makeup remover. It has enough oil in it to get all my waterproof makeup off but not so oily that my eyes feel really greasy. Price is great and this is better than most high end brand m/u removers. Only things I complain about this are the smell (another reviewer was right when she said it smelled like vanilla yogurt - haha I love yogurt but don't want my m/u remover smelling like it!) and the packaging of the bottle. I don't like the open bottle - wish it had a smaller opening so its easier to control what comes out. Also the bottle is too small, wish they had bigger sizes! But all in all, I like this m/u remover - will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2005 6:57:00 PM More reviews by XxPinaColadaxX

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells like vanilla yogurt to me, haha. It looks like it, too. I took off three lip sticks because: 1. It feels SO greasy even after rinsing it off 2. It stings my eyes! and 3. Makes my eyes all foggy. It does do an AWESOME job of removing make-up though!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2004 1:48:00 AM More reviews by swollenshut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If i have to go to the drugstore to buy my eye makeup remover, this is definitely the stuff. i've tried maybelline, loreal, you name it- and this one is definitely the best.
it's a bit greasy, so use it before you wash your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Shanrae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried lots of eye make up removers, and this is the one for me. It's not drying or irritating, and it seems to actually condition my lashes. Is that my imagination? I don't know, but I am definitely loyal to this product. I wish the packaging would change slightly. I'd like it to come in a squeeze bottle with just a dropper type top, so that I can control how much comes out. For me a very little goes a long way, so I end up wasting it if too much comes out. Other than that, it's great for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2003 9:27:00 AM More reviews by mandigirl

I bought Cover Girls' eye make up remover called CLEAN and its AWFUL. This product is so greasy and is hard to get non waterproof mascara off. I also noticed my eyelashes coming out more than usual and leaves my skin feeling like an oil slick. GROSS! Try Almay oil free makeup remover pads, they are much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2003 5:01:00 AM More reviews by kellkell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff it's very greasy. and i find i have to rub rub rub like crazy just to get all my mascara off and theres still some left.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2003 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ASU2USC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is pretty much the only makeup remover I've ever used. It's great at taking off mascara, and even works well on long-wear lipsticks. It has a milky/oily texture - make sure you shake it before you use it. I fold up a tissue and cover the top of the bottle with it, then turn the bottle over to get a circle on the tissue - it takes off my eye makeup in a flash and doesn't make my eyes feel dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by sp586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It takes off my stubborn waterproof mascara and it is cheap. It is a bit on the oily side so I use face cleanser afterwards.