September 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Passionfruit Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by andreakp103

I got this lotion for five bucks and its honestly my favorite lotion. It has this amazing fresh smell. I could smell it on my skin all day. I also really love the texture. It's kinda like avocado texture x) you don't need a lot too and it's extra creamy. It moisturizes well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It smells juicy and fresh and moisturizes well without being greasy. It might not work well for the people with the dry skin though.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by TinyNeuron

Sticky and greasy. It lasted all day since it didn't absorb well in my skin - It just coated it. When I put it on overnight some were absorbed but it still felt sticky.

I could slightly smell "passion fruit" when spread on the skin but it mostly smelled like burned plastic.

Expensive and would not recommend even for those who love passion fruit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells pleasant, feminine and youthful: like a sparkling passion-fruit/peachy drink

The scent is strong and long lasting so i use it as a 2 in 1 body cream and perfume

it's only available on christmas/easter sales and is at least half the price of the non sale body butters.

i think the scent would be especially suit teenagers and women in their early 20's.

it also has a 'summery' scent vibe to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Daynnie

I just bought the large size body butter today - but fell in love with it already. I am so into maracuja oil (=passion fruit oil) thanks to Tarte. While the smell of this is quite strong, it is not overly sweet/irritating as in other "fragranced" lotions. Why I am crazy about this is that it kept my wintery hands moisturized for hours! While out shopping and using sanitizing wipes. I can not believe it. Love the consistency, soaked right in. Body Shop has specials for some scents (large packaging for $10) right now. I'm thinking about going back for more :) I put some in small to-go jars to keep in my purse and car.
1 lippie down for couple "unwanted" ingredients high on the list.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bnm5077

I honestly don't know why there seem to be so many bad reviews on this product! Here's the background story: I got this body butter and the papaya body butter for $5 each and free shipping!!!! Here's the kicker, the post office tracker said my package got returned so I called and the person at The Body Shop said it did so I got a refund, but the package arrived the next day! So I guess I technically didn't pay anything. Anyway, this smells awesome in the tub. It's fresh and sweet and smells like you could eat it! However, when I put it on my skin it only smells for a couple minutes then it goes away. That's okay for me, since I like to layer perfume with it. I would buy it again, but only if it was $5. It's a wonderful moisturizer but i wouldn't pay $20 for it normally because I would like to try other scents first. And I actually probably wouldn't pay $20 for any body moisturizer since I'm HUGE bath and body works fan and they usually have amazing coupons. But this was a great purchase to start trying Body Shop products.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- purple packaging

Cons:
- hard, sticky consistency
- strong fragrance
- left skin itchy

Overall I disliked the Body Shop Passionfruit line, mainly for the smell, and it irritated my skin without providing moisturisation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the shower gel, this body butter is light in comparison to others available at The Body Shop. It moisturizes, but not enough. Drier skin types will need something much more heavy. This body butter doesn't absorb well, either. It has a very strong passion fruit smell, so for those who like it, it'd probably be great to use during summer time. I hate the smell, so I wouldn't use it again, personally. I got this for free, but its price is the same as the other body butters sold by the store. The texture isn't very creamy... It's more solid than I would prefer, too. Normal skin types would work for this, but not my own.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first body butter.

Pos:
*Nice scent.
*Moisturizes great.
*Lovely texture.
*Nice packaging.

Neg:
*Expensive unless you buy it on sale.
*Take some time to sink in.

Will I buy it again? I think so but in a different scent i think. There are many to choose from!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I really liked this scent in the store and since it was on sale I decided to try it.

The consistency is nice and light (similar to satsuma) so it's easy to spread. The light purple colour is also very cute. :) It's a fairly good moisturizer too.

A major con would be the smell once you put it on. It seems to smell a bit different, not as pleasant as in the tub. I would not purchase again for this reason.