September 17, 2014 | 1878 users online

Hair - Weleda - Rosemary Hair Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a treatment for itchy winter scalp/mild psoriasis. I section my hair, apply the oil to my scalp and give it a real good massage. I leave it on from as little as an hour, to overnight depending on how busy I am. I wash and condition like normal. The first day my roots get really oily by the end of the day, but after the next wash they are back to normal.

This leaves my scalp itch free and feeling less tight and dry. It's pretty much the only thing that works. I've tried using straight peanut oil with a drop of rosemary EO but it didn't work as well. It conditions my hair nicely, but I wouldn't purchase it solely for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I bought this because I read somewhere that it helps hair loss. I have used it for some months and it definitely doesn't work. When I tried mixing this with a hair oil I know does help hair loss, the other oil lost its effect! The only thing this does is leave me with a smell I don't like and a residue I can't manage to wash out because the oil is so thick. This was an absolute waste of time and money for me.

UPDATE:
Of course, I didn't want to just throw the bottle, so I used this as a hair mask. When I took off my turbie twist and plastic foil, my hair felt nasty - oily and stiff at the same time (I believe olive oil would have given the same feeling though)Because this is VERY oily, I added baking soda to my shampoo, then used vinegar as a first conditioner. I'm not that natural when it comes to many other things, but baking powder followed with vinegar is great when I need to wash something reeeeally sticky out of my hair. Still, my hair felt very stiff and glued together - at this point I was a little afraid I wouldn't manage to wash this out of my hair. I figured out I should just calm down and put my regular conditioner all over my hair. Then something almost magical: my hair suddenly relaxed. After this I added a little bit of It's a 10 Leave-in conditioner, and my hair felt very silky. Trying the oil like this was definitely a good idea for the event I was going to, BUT, it took about 1/2 of the bottle of this for my normal thickness, waist-long hair... and this oil isn't very cheap. As I said, I haven't tried olive oil for my hair, neither have I tried coconut oil for it, but if they do as well as this, the Weleda hair oil is a huge waste of money as a hair mask. Therefore I gave it only one more star.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I REALLY wanted to like this hair oil. I've been looking for a more natural product to have in my hair after a shower, or before I went to bed for more hydration. I was expecting it be more oily, but sadly it was just scented water!! The consistency is seriously like water. I have tried this product for quite awhile now and it just does nothing. I guess it makes my hair smell nice (if you like the smell). I will use up the rest of my bottle, and look for another alternative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I've tried this product for about a year now. I bought this as a dupe for Moroccanoil and other argan oil products to repair my damaged hair. The bottle doesn't really help to control the amount that comes out. What I end up doing is pouring out a bit and rubbing most of it off on a towel before I apply it to my hair.

If this product worked I could put up with the smell, but it doesn't. Mine smelled like rosemary for awhile but now it smells like cooking oil (peanut oil is main ingredient). Last time I wore it I kept sniffing thinking I was near a restaurant or something but not it was my hair.

I do have a peanut allergy but this didn't trigger it. For daily use I can't use this--I haven't tried this as a overnight deep mask but I will have to even though I didn't buy it for that. Seriously the cooking oil smell is enough for me to dump it. I didn't store it in direct sunlight, bathroom or anything. Ugh waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lauratoribio7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I bought it at Target on clearance.I use it as a deep conditioner. I put in on overnight and the next morning i wash it out, A LOT, because it is really oily obviously. Then I straighten or curl my hair and it leaves my hair so soft. I LOVE IT! I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by randers

I bought this at a whim at Target after getting a sample of Weleda's firming cream. This stuff is great! Lovely scent of rosemary and it performs. I've used it as an overnight treatment and after shampooing and my hair is noticeably softer and shinier.

Target had a 30% on Weleda products so I got a 1.7 oz bottle for $10, it sounds like it often goes on sale for $11, regular price $15. Honestly this is a reasonable price for an oil treatment considering Moroccan Oil and Amika run $35-40 for 3.4 oz.

If you need an oil treatment, this is a great d/s option. My only word of caution is that the rosemary scent is very distinct; I personally love it but you may want to take a whiff before you buy to make sure it's for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this out for the first time yesterday, and my first reaction was how strongly it smelled of Rosemary (hence the products name, I had a little duh moment). But I really like it! After a while the rosemary smell calms down, leaving your hair fresh and herbal smelling. I guess some people find it annoying, but I think it's great. The other thing I noticed was how the oil was a bit sirupy, kind of like the Moroccan or Macadamia oil treatments. But unlike those, this does not have alcohol or silicon on the top of the ingredients list. The only annoying thing with this product is the amount of oil that leaves the bottle when you use it. For very long and thick hair it may be perfect, but for my smooth and straight hair it just ended up looking greasy. Thankfully it was nighttime when I used it, so it was no problem sleeping with it during the night. When I woke up my hair felt healthier and more sealed, so I'm very happy with the result. But I did have to spray on some dry shampoo before going to school... which gave it a 4 rather than a 5. Will definitely repurchase, and maybe I will change the rating if I can find out how to get the bottle from pouring out to much oil.

Update: This is now my go-to hair product! After every wash I pour a small amount of it into my palm (Tiny, tiny, tiny: remember, it's very rich, so you can easily make your newly washed hair look greasy if you take too much), and after my hair is done air drying I can feel and see the difference. My hair smells great, looks shiny, and the ends are sealed to prevent damage. What more can you ask for? Off course I'm still annoyed with how the product leaves the bottle, but after a while you get used to it and more aware of how much of the oil your hair can manage. It won't leave a huge difference if your hair is already very damaged, but if you want to grow it out, like me, and keep your ends from splitting too soon, this is great for every hair type.

PS: This is not exactly a deep treatment, so I still recommend using a deeply nourishing hair treatment next to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

This is great, all natural hair oil! Made from peanut oil mostly, but surprisingly does not smell like peanuts. I liked Avedas scalp remedy just alittle better, but now that they've changed the packaging on it-I refuse to buy it. Got this rosemary oil on sale at Target for around $11 dollars. It provides about 4 generous scalp soakings or maybe 8-10 uses if you only use it in tiny spots. Very nice glass bottle! The only downside is the hole is WAY too big, letting alot of oil out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

I have wavy-to-curly hair that turns gets big and curly in humidity and flyaways in the winter. This product controls flyaways and works whether I want to straighten my hair or leave it "natural". The trick for me to get soft, smooth hair is to use this when my hair is still mostly wet. Love the soft rosemary scent that comes wafting through throughout the day too!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My tresses lurve you Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil!!!

I have very VERY long hair... down to my waist. It's also dyed way up from 'almost black' to 'light golden blonde'. I'm very VERY careful about keeping it moisturized so it looks healthy and in tip top shape. This stuff helps a lot!

I started my search when a beauty assistant told me about using some 'dry oil' products on my hair. I tried a whole bunch of brands one after the other questing for a holy grail. Found this product and my search was over... the grail was mine - all mine in a little green bottle!

The trick to this is - I use this as my hair is 'almost dry' - just a bit damp. I put just a drop (JUST A DROP!!!) on my palm and slightly rub my hands together and then run my hands over my hair.... *from around the earlobes down* focusing where it's driest, the ends. I do *NOT* use this on my scalp. Wee words of caution - using too much or on your scalp CAN give you a little bit of a greasy look - we don't like greasy looks! But using a drop over your 'drier' parts can give you the shine and luster we all love, getting rid of any frizzies or flyaways!! It makes your hair look REALLY healthy and shiny, and the scent - may not be for some, but I love it. It's a very 'rosemary' scent. I personally love it. Heck rosemary is used all the time in aromatherapy, so I find it as a bonus of using this stuff. Did I mention that the bottle lasts forever??? It lasts... forever.

Good to note also, may have said that rosemary is good for strengthening hair and treating dandruff, promoting hair growth - there's a whole gaggle of information on google to peruse thru - some interesting stuff. If it's "TRUE" or not, I'm not sure as i'm not a scientist lol, but I DO know that whatever the heck rosemary DOES, it sure makes my hair soft shiny and pretty. =)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No