October 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Fragrances - Attar Bazaar Tunisian White Musk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by RavenNess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love musk but the only musks I had ever experienced were all the Jovans, Body Shop white musk, Avon Soft musk and I have enjoyed them all and worn them since childhood. This is different than all those musks I like and am used to. I thought I liked musks before this, and I don't want to use the word "love" in the wrong way, so let's just say that now I can't live without Attar Bazaar Tunisian White Musk! This smells so good and lasts and lasts. I teach private music lessons in a small studio and want to smell good but not overpowering and my little students kept coming in my lesson room and saying "it smells good in here!" And kids are honest creatures. This morning when I went in my closet, it smelled like Tusisian White Musk from my jacket I wore yesterday. It comes in a little glass vile with a screw top lid (no dropper or stick, but I didn't take off any lippies). They also put it in a little velvet pouch...perfect for carrying in a purse, but you won't need to reapply!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Light and clean yet deep and musky. Last a really long time. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

I second the comparison to Jovan White Musk--especially at first--but whereas the Jovan smells acrid, chemical, hairsprayish on me, this is smooth, rounded, gentle, and becomes more subtle the longer I wear it. I do not think it smells like baby products, but it does have a "young skin" kind of smell--not childlike--more like the clean, fresh sweat of a young, healthy adult. I'm having a hard time picking out notes. There might be some kind of lily; light, clean, waxy. There are pale pink lilies blooming outside now, first week of August, and this smells a bit like those lilies. Sometimes I get a buttery quality, like tuberose, but with none of the strong, heady qualities of tuberose. Late in the drydown I also get something just this side of vanilla. Dries down very light; it's just a wisp of scent by the end of the day. I'm not getting any powder. Seriously sexy, but so light it might almost pass as your own scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just received a tiny bottle in a swap and this is far better than i expected! It is the almost copy of my darling jovan white musk oil. This lasts on me for a few hours (as with JWM oil) as white musks are sort lived on my skin compared to vanillas. I love this so much! Not great for those who cannot stand very sweet musks though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On my skin this is a nice gentle, slightly sweet skin musk. It is slightly floral, almost soapy and I think I can even detect the barest hint of green apple. It's basically along the lines of Jovan White Musk but more gentle. I only wish it lasted a wee bit longer. If it did I would raise my rating by another lip. Even though I feel this is superior scentwise to both Alyssa Ashley Musk Oil and TBS White Musk Oil, I want my fragrances to have more presence overall so I don't think I'd buy this a second time. I don't regret buying it once, not at all. I would definitely recommend this to those wanting a very gentle white musk.
UPDATE: After the first full wearing of this oil, I have decided to add another lip to my original rating and state that I would repurchase after all. This is so, so pretty and perfect for the first warm early spring days. I am tempted to return to the store and buy all the remaining bottles!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such a sweet, pretty, close to the skin scent, this is the one for cuddling up with someone special or even by yourself with a good book and a cup of tea. It would also be perfect in a situation where you just wanted to smell incredibly good, but not perfumey. Seriously, I can't stop sniffing my wrists. Reminds me of the scent of a freshly washed baby minus the powder, yet at the same time there's a grown-up sexiness about it.. Clean but not the least bit harsh, and irresistably sniffable up close. And I do mean up close. This fragrance has no sillage and I was going to take off a lippie for that when I realized that Tunisian White Musk is not about announcing your perfume when you walk into a room, but rather is a treat for anyone lucky enough to get close to you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The white musk I have been searching for, it is neither headache inducing nor unsmellable- but claen, pretty, and perfect. Not great sillage or lasting power, but pretty enough I wouldn't mind reapplying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is sharp and slightly soapy upon application, but dries down to very clean and fresh, albeit common-smelling, white musk. Good staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so soft and pretty, I really like it. I have never been a big fan of white musk, but this one was done very well. Seems to have good staying power, too. I only wish that it was a roll-on so it would be less messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LaoTzu04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a little apprehensive about thise one since it's name contains the words "white musk." While I enjoy musks, I haven't had much luck with white musks. Yet, based on all the positive reviews and raves from my fellow fragrance loving friends here I had to give this one a try. It is beautiful! I now understand how some have called this a baby musk as it smells very similar to Johnson's and Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash to me. I love this scent and the only negative I've found is that it doesn't seem to linger long enough on me and for that I took off one lippie. At this price though, I could salther away all day and not go broke.