November 21, 2014 | 1730 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jca329

After hearing so much hype about the Bobbi Brown long-wear gel eyeliner, I had to try it out for myself. I've been using it for the past 3 or 4 months, and I've decided that I will not be buying this product again.

First off, the product does not live up to the "long wear" claim for me. I would apply this liner around 8:00am before leaving for work, and by 3:00 or so, the liner has faded from my lids and has left me with those semi-raccoon eyes that all of us ladies are familiar with.

The only reason I still use it is because I don't want to throw the money I spent down the drain. NOT worth $24. I also use a Revlon gel eyeliner that I got for about $8 that does a far better job than this Bobbi Brown one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by EricaGrayson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eyeliner. It goes on super smooth and lasts ALL DAY. I love the brown for a natural day look. Easy to apply with an angled liner brush. I can put this stuff on in less than two minutes, amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by DeeAcq

WOW! this gel eyeliner is now my HG! I read and researched for days on end for a long lasting eyeliner for oily eyelids. This product did not fail! As I do get oily lids, I apply this over an eye primer and eye shadow, but the lasting effect is all day long! The texture is creamy and does not dry out in the pot. The colours are bold and noticeable on the lids.
I apply this with a gel eyeliner brush and you can get a perfect flawless line every time. It's a bit more on the $$ side, so I tend to buy all product online. However this product is so good, I don't mind paying full retail price if I needed to.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by CarmelaM

I would not recommend this eyeliner to anyone. The gel hardens up after a few months and it is EXTREMELY hard to apply this eyeliner, especially with the brush they give. Even after i bought another eyeliner brush specifically to use this eyeliner, application was still hard and there would often be small gel clumps on my eye. The gel doesn't glide very easily and the worst part is that if you try and do an extra coat, the eyeliner clumps over and it looks really tacky. The eyeliner also smuged alot. If i did a cat-eye look the ends would also fade by the end of my day. It's over priced and not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by loveliisa

I bought this after reading reviews on here, especially after seeing girls with oily eyelids rave about it. My eyelids are extremely oily, this only lasted about 2 hours and smudged to my under eyes :(
It does have a nice creamy texture though and is probably better for drier eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Ajulloa75

So I read the reviews and sound like this eyeliner gel is long lasting. I have combination skin and it didn't last on day on my eyelids but dropped into my eyes as an eyeliner inside my eyelids. It doesn't leave me looking like a raccoon but it didn't stay where I wanted it to be. This is my first and last time!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Ch1zz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily eye lid and this eyeliner definitely have the long lasting power compared to other gel liner (mac, maybeline etc) for me. it doesn't smear or budge at all. but the color is soft compared to MAC blacktrack. it dries very fast in the tube. i have more than half of it dries and cant be used. have to dip my brush in MUFE aqua seal and this eyeliner will back to life. the online customer service from bobbi brown said to prevent the eyeliner dries on tube, you need to take sufficient amount of eyeliner for one eye, put it on the back of your hand. put the cap back. repeat for the other eye. i think it makes sense. will try it for my new one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by CalBear7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I expected more out of a Bobbi Brown product. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't WOW me. I'm kind of inexperienced when it comes to makeup, but I can tell the difference between a good and mediocre eyeliner. Perhaps my application of this eyeliner is negatively affecting my perspective on it, but I did see other less positive results. Additionally, I feel like the price I paid for this eyeliner could've been better spent on a more effective (and less expensive) product. I really liked their variety of colors. It was hard for me to pick one, but I settled with chocolate shimmer. I believe that this is a hit and miss product. Maybe I could have applied the eyeliner with a different brush or primed my eyes beforehand, but it didn't work out that well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by darkangel13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a very mediocre product in my opinion. As someone who loves gel liner I've tried pretty much all of them but this truly wasn't the "standout" I expected given all the hype and the price. It was just OKAY. The color was a nice soft black instead of the Cleopatra kohl black of Mac's Fluidline in Blacktrack but I also thought the pigmentation could have been better and the formula was one of the dryest I've experienced. After taking the plunge and trying this and being unimpressed I'll stick to the drugstore brands i.e L'Oreal and Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Ruthia101

I had been using a pencil eyeliner for years. I really liked being able to smudge, or drama it up. However by the end of the day it was panda eyes and not good. So I bought this. Wow I love it! The choice of colour was fab. I like a very specific shade of blackish brown and caviar ink was perfect. I find using it is really easy (takes a bit of practice) and it just stays where you put it. The thing I really liked is you can get a light look, smudge it (while its still wet), go more dramatic, and it does all of this! I didn't like the idea of a heavy black line that looks too much, this is not the case, it looks lovely and natural (if you apply it that way). It doesn't budge until you take it off, which isn't hard either, its not a case of scrubbing it off, make up remover works fine. I didn't have the bobbi brown brush (initially) as I have so many I figured one would work well. You have to buy the brush, it makes such a difference. I have heard people complaining it dries out, I haven't had this problem, just put the lid back on when your not dipping your brush in it. I think this will last a long time, I have already had it moths and there's so much left. I think it will be much cheaper than using my pencils (that I used to go though quickly). Thank you bobbi brown, you have converted me!