November 27, 2014 | 1589 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by norabean23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Decent, but not great. Not a really good purple color, it dries a weird grey-ish. Staying power is ok, but again not great. Still looking for a good purple liquid liner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product is a complete dud. I got it yesterday because I've been looking into trying eyeliner in colors other than black or brown. I was originally going to purchase the Milani brand but regretfully changed my mind at the last minute after I saw this product and realized that it was about $4 cheaper. Probably a big mistake since Milani has better reviews and probably performs much better.

Firstly, the packaging is tiny, so you don't get much product, but it is only about $3 so I guess that's fine. The applicator is a tiny brush, which I cannot stand since they're a little bit harder to control than felt tip applicators. I find that liquid liners work a lot better if you shake them up vigorously before applying. Not this one. Shaking did not do a thing as the product is still very watery and goes on thin. Application is a messy process because one or two layers will not do enough. The color is not opaque, and it is a slightly gray-ish purple so it's not bright and vibrant like I had hoped. The more you layer it, the worse it clumps and slips off. It also does not dry quickly so I ended up with a ton of smudges.
I still tried to work with it and applied it in multiple layers... then I got it on my waterline which was a huge mistake. This stuff stings and irritates my eyes really bad... so that's another negative - it cannot be used on the waterline. After my eyes watered for a while I looked in the mirror and half the product had came off. Not sure if this is supposed to be waterproof or not... but it does not stay on. In the 30 minutes (or less) that I had it on, it had already started to slide off before my eyes even started watering.

Bad product. Will not repurchase. Should have got the WnW creme liner in eggplant - probably would have been a much better alternative.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this at all. I have this in blue and turquoise, as well, and they are so vivid and pigmented that I had high hopes for the purple, but it goes on very sheer and has a grayish tone that I don't find appealing. I had to layer it several times for it to show up at all, and that caused the liner to be too goopy and smudge all over the place. I gave it a 2 because I do like the applicator on these liners, it's a very skinny brush that makes it easy to get a fine line. Otherwise, though, don't waste your money. Typically I would say it's not a huge loss, because it is cheap, but it's not even worth the four bucks I paid for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by blainereyes

Not happy with this liquid eyeliner as it is too "watery" and takes a long time to build up color evenly

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Cares50

After hearing such good things about this liner, I purchased it with great hopes only to be somewhat disappointed.

It takes a few strokes to build up the colour:
- cream - needs to be built up
- powder - does better over powder.

On it's own, it again needs to be built up. I haven't tried it with eye primer yet, so will do another review when I've tried that.

I don't particularly care for the brush applicator. This could be because I am not that practiced with same, or perhaps I simply prefer a felt tip liner. Again, I would have to do another review once I have had more practice, but I don't feel that this would change my review of the actual product itself.

I don't think I would purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ZoeEli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I orignal bought the green and blue shade and had amazing results so i bought the purple thinking i was in for more awesomeness,sadly i was disappointed. This purple was an ugly muddy purple and for some reason harder to apply then my other liquid colors. So i wouldnt buy this if you are looking for a more vibrant purple.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by bubblewrap831

This is my go-to eyeliner when I just want to go for something simple and easy enough so I don't have to worry about it all day. This doesn't smudge on me and looks really nice against my brown eyes. It does fade a little throughout the day but it has pretty good staying power. The only thing I don't love is that it comes in a dryer formula than the black one ( I don't know if it was just my bottle, but the consistency was the same in both my bottles), so it's a little harder to just glide on. But this is good for daytime as well as night.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by AunyaGrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hurts Eyes and irrating
smudgey
so bleh

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like wearing this liner for a different, but appropriate daytime look. On my pale skin it comes across as a medium grayish-mauve. I like to apply a thicker line of this purple liner first, then a very thin line of black liquid liner near the roots of my lashes followed by a few coats of mascara. I find the purple gives my green eyes that subtle pop while the black liner gives the impression of thicker fuller lashes.

Pros: Nice day time purple colour, price, easily available at drugstores, and the brush applicator.

Cons: Takes a few minutes to dry and the pigmentation is a little watery therefore I apply two coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner was an impulse buy. Something I usually don't do, but have been doing a lot of lately? And I like it. Its not as good as my go-to liner which is Linear Intense with the felt tip, but it is alright and I would buy it again if the need arose as it's not expensive (hence the impulse buy), and it is pretty for when I want a change. Or if I'm going to be out part of the day and I want some liner before I go, I use this instead of my Linear. Pros: color is subtle and a darker purple, easy to apply, thin application brush, good price, good packaging. Cons: color wears off easily, its not a bright purple if you're looking for that, smudges easily. One thing I tried since I noticed it didn't have the all-day wearing power that Linear does, is I applied my Linear and then applied this over it. Its extra work, I know, but I got better staying power and I got a two-toned effect that caused a couple people to compliment me on it.