Hard Candy tools of attraction brush set

4.2

on 2/20/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pure unadulterated junk! There are only two brushes that I can use; the brushes are flimsy at best. Very pretty packaging. I am glad that this was a gift; I would not buy this product.

on 12/19/2007 10:01:00 PM

I got these brushes for $5 at five below. They were a great purchase. These brushes are such nice quality, I love them. They may be synthetic brushes but they are so soft. I've been using the lip brush as an eye shadow brush. It's not small, it's a medium sized flat brush and I prefer it as an eyeshadow brush anyway. This was a great buy.

on 1/20/2007 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was in the store 5 Below today (for those of you that don't have it, it is like a dollar store with better stuff that costs up to $5) anyway I bought this set for $4! Does not get much more perfect than that! So anyone looking for a good travel set of brushes that is the place to look!

I love these, they last forever and are so soft and unlike any other brushes I have purchased, the hairs don't fall out!

on 1/31/2005 1:22:00 PM

This is a very nice set for the money. The brushes are super-soft and nice quality-- like a cheaper version of the Urban Decay brushes, similar fibers but less densely packed. The set comes with a powder/blush brush, two sizes of e/s blender brushes, a lip brush, and an angled liner brush; in a nylon pouch with velcro closure and a flap that folds down over the brush heads, it also has a mirror inside and a zippered pouch on the front. I bought this as a travel set and it's perfect for that. As the SA pointed out, these are all the brushes that you actually *use* everyday. If I lost this set, I would definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: Hard Candy has changed this set. "Tools of Attraction II" has the same brush selection, but they now have pink handles instead of blue and come in a blue quilted satin case with no mirror. I think that the brushes are not quite as soft as in the original set, but it's still a good value as either a starter set or travel kit.

on 11/22/2004 6:04:00 PM

these brushes are of surprisingly good quality. they has synthetic fibers that pratically feel like natural fibers, and come in a cute powder blue fabric case. the price is also nice at about $30 USD.
the handles are clear blue plastic with metal ferrules, and the bristles are firmly anchored in the ferrules, which do not wobble on the handles a bit.
included are a large powder brush, a blush brush, a large fluffy e/s brush, a medium tapered lip brush, and an angled e/l brush.
this is a nice starter kit for someone who needs basic brushes, and it was too cute for me to pass up, though i have more brushes than i could possibly need. the only thing i would change is to make the e/s brush a bit shorter and compact, with a tapered head, but thats my personal preference. a smaller brush would also be more useful for not only washes of color, but for detail work. continued >>

Popular Makeup Brushes