April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ViolinistRita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lush has the cutest bath products. This one is super cute and adorable. It makes the bathroom experience so much more fun at the end of a stressful day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ceciliadinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far my favorite bath bomb. It fizzes blue right away. Seaweed spews out of the bath bomb to my surprise but it was not a nuisance. The smell was not too sweet, it was just right. I felt like a mermaid in my own bathtub! I love the color!

TIP: You should probably use this bomb without a bubble bar since it's too pretty to cover up with bubbles.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not keen on the seaweed stuff in this. Turns the water a lovely blue colour though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Loved this sooo much!

It makes the water color a bright teal color -teal is my favorite color so this is amazing by default lol!
This has a clean smell to it, not an ocean scent which is what I expected but that's okay, the smell is great!

I know a lot of people complain about the seaweed, I don't have a problem with it! It makes the water looks more oceany plus it is a moisturizing factor.
I was initially afraid that it will leave a mess and clog my sink but it didn't! =)

Will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst ever - first, it's super expensive. Second, they said there is seaweed in this but mine was like little sticks - it was gross. It left a huge mess in the tub, and didn't even smell good. I love LUSH, but this is a big no for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by LSmaqua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a Lush user for over 4 years. I've tried (almost) every bath bomb, bubble bar and skin treatment produced by them. I'm a beach lover so I enjoy ocean scents or anything containg sea indgrediants with my bath. I thought I would love Big Blue but it fell flat for me.

First it's one of Lush's bigger bath bombs-which is nice. It's a fast fizzer so that usually means there's more bicarbonate and less moisturizers in the formula. It smells nice, but it has more of a 'chemical' undertone than a fresh, beachy scent to it. It has bits of real seaweed in it which is supposed to condition your skin. I enjoyed the blue water/seaweed combo but I didn't notice a moisturizing effect on my skin.

The bath was average at best. The seaweed bits were fun, but not useful. I felt bad that it all had to go down my drain- I don't like having huge bits of residue left behind. But I couldn't scoop up the seaweed in the end. Anyway, I probably wouldn't buy it again. I have 2 left from an order I had placed a few months ago. Not sure when I'll use those.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Big Blue is a bath bomb with salt and dried seaweed inside. I saw a lot of reviews on youtube that described the smell as a ocean scent. It has a clean smell but also a little medicinal scent as well. It's not unpleasant. It's a huge bath bomb. I liked that it turned the bathwater a deep blue shade. I wasn't crazy about all the flecks of seaweed but it rinsed down the drain easily. It didn't leave a lot of mess. I had to rinse off after the bath to make sure I didn't have any seaweed in my who-ha. I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts and my muscles get so sore and tired. After soaking in big blue for an hour, I felt less sore and I was able to relax, it has a nice calming scent to it. I agree with other reviewers, it doesn't moisturize the skin like some other Lush bath bombs but you could always add in a bath melt to help with that. Overall, it's not my favorite Lush bath bomb but it felt great with my sore muscles so I would repurchase for that reason and add in a "you got mangoed" bath melt to help my skin soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by PNyako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this bath bomb on a trip to Atlanta. I have never used LUSH products before but this was my first experience and I was excited. First off, I will say that LUSH is a very innovative line of bath and body products. The LUSH reps are annoying as hell, running behind you every minute attempting to slather something on your face or hands pushing products on you left and right. However, I did make the decision to buy one bath bomb which I intended to use with my hubby. That was this one.

Big Blue has a crisp clean smell. Its not a perfumy scent, its one more comparable to that of some form of nicely fragrant cleaning product, one that is albeit comforting, again not necessarily something you would ideally want to smell like after bathing. Think of it this way, I personally have a fondness for the smell of lemon wood polish. It's comforting and clean crisp smelling. Even somewhat pleasant....but I wouldnt want to smell like it. I'm not in anyway saying that this stuff smells like Pledge, but you understand what I mean. Clean and crisp smell, but not "Hmm I sure would want to smell that on my body" good. What I found offensive was the fact that after the bath bomb had completely dissolved, I got a few wiffs of the seaweed which lingered in the bath room. Wasnt pleased with the smell overall as the scent got stronger.

This bath Bomb also to my surprise, a lot, and I mean a LOT of little pieces of dried seaweed EVERYWHERE. It was absolutely ridiculous. They offered no moisturizing element, in fact before the bath bomb completely dissolved there were several sticking straight out of the bomb and were surprisingly very spikey to the touch. These things are black and are about the size in length as the tip of my finger. The bath bomb in of itself was not very moisturizing, and when we got out not only was the tub full of these things and was an agony to completely clean out, but the seaweed pieces were all on my back and in my hair.

A lot of people were impressed with the aqua color that it made the water. Not I. I can purchase children's fizzing bath tabs that will make a deeper more impressive blue color, for LESS money and WITHOUT the huge sea monster mess. I would recommend avoiding this bathroom nightmare at all cost. Not worth it.

Also, and maybe this is just me, but when I purchased the bath bomb, I was a little put off by the fact that the product was packaged in literally NOTHING. I picked the bath bomb off of the shelf to make my purchase, but apparently LUSH doesn't sell their bath bombs in any form of container for storage. No box. No paper. No ingredient listing on the product anywhere. Nothing. The bomb was placed in a little LUSH plastic bag which was of course inconvenient for the ride back home. I had to keep this product safely in my sisters arms all the way back for fear it would break in transit.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Lovemenappy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first LUSH bathbmb and I wasmt impressed. The smell is nice and clean I suppose, not overly masculine or feminine. The color that the water turned was pretty, however the seaweed spikes/sticks in this completely through off the experience. As someone else said, it's AMAZING how many of these things are in one bath bomb. Like seriously? They serve no real purpose. They could have added seaweed extract...not these sticks. They hurt when they stick you and they are literally everywhere, and clean up was a severe pain in the ass. I will try other bath bombs from LUSH, but I would definitely pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by loraanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try this bath bomb and finally bought it. It has a nice clean, refreshing scent. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but the scent isn't as strong as some as LUSH's other bath products. This bath bomb fizzes fast. It turns the water from clear and colorless a nice ocean blue color. The seaweed is a nice touch. It is very soft on your skin, but cleanup can be a hassle.

I would buy this again, but I would probably do without the seaweed. I've seen people put their's in one of those tea ball strainers and the seaweed stays in there. I really want to try this out with the Sunnyside Bubble Bar, and create the infamous "mermaid water"!