December 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Hard Candy Midnight Snack Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by barbinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well ladies, don't be jealous, but I saw this thing for $1.00 at TJ Maxx and couldn't not buy it. And if I ever saw it for $1 again, I would buy it. If it was any higher than that, I'd pass.
The first thing that throws me off is that I'm expecting these things to have a taste. They call it 'Midnight Snack' and describe the glosses as 'delicious', but they have no dang taste! Just a smell. So immediately I'm thinking that these things have gone bad and are old. After reading your reviews, however, apparently there's not supposed to be a taste. Not that I want to eat my lip gloss, but that's just kind of dumb.
All in all, the idea of this set is super cute and the packaging is even cuter, even though who's gonna actually put the lip glosses back in the 'fridge'? They are good quality glosses that leave a nice sheer shine and supply good moisture, but they have no staying power. And for some odd reason the root beer makes your lips tingle. My favorite is the Strawberries and whipped Cream - Yum Yum!, and I like the applicator.
I'm giving it three lippies, because for spending a dollar, I am really happy with what I got!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I found this at TJ Maxx...for $5.99 it was a good deal to try 4 glosses, but I couldn't imagine paying anymore for this although I was tempted back when I saw it on Sephora.com. Glad I didn't pay full price now!

You get 4 glosses. 2 in squeeze tubes, 1 wand gloss, and a potted lip gloss.

Raspberry Lip Sorbet comes in a soft squeeze tube w/ a slanted tip. It has sourta a generic raspberry candy scent. Very slick feeling gloss w/o much lasting power but feels nice nonetheless. It gives a juicy pink tint to my lips that I really like.

The Strawberries & Whipped Cream Gloss I really like. It smells really good to me, very sweet. In the tube it looks like it has some opalescense to it but it goes on my lips a juicy medium pink. Again it is a very slick feeling gloss w/o much lasting power.

The Rootbeer Float gloss is decent. It has a generic sweet scent with slight undertones of root beer. It goes on a sheer brown color which I am not overly fond of. I also don't like the packaging, it's very hard to squeeze out.

Finally there is the Chocolate Pie gloss which is pretty blah. It smells like plastic with a chocolate undertone. It's packaged in a cheap plastic pot and hard to get out. It's a darker brown color and isn't very flattering. I'll probably end up giving it away or tossing it.

Overall the set is cute, but not worth anymore than the price I paid for it at TJ Maxx continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I received this as a gift last Christmas. I agree as well that it isn't a high quality product. I have barely used any of the lipglosses that came with the kit. The only gloss that smells especially good is the strawberry one. The root beer is pretty disgusting and shows up literally brown on my lips...not pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 9:42:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Scored this for a mere $5.99 at TJMaxx today. The glosses are all fun and they smell good for the most part. I liked them all except for the scent of chocolate pie, which was just horrible. I have to agree with many of the other reviewers-this is not by any means a high quality product All of the packaging is dirt cheap and kmart quality. In all honesty, the only glosses that are truly wearable are root beer float and raspberry sorbet. The strawberries and whipped cream was too light for my MMM Asian skin tone, and the chocolate pie comes in a cheap pot, and I hate potted lip glosses. I have no idea how much it was full retail, but I'm guessing probably some insane amount. A fun kit overall, but in all honestly, overpriced and poorly made. I can see why it ended up in TJMaxx at a discount.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Tyrsis

I bought this because I really wanted a rootbeer lipgloss. Having already purchased the raspberry sorbet, it was nice to get a smaller pocket version. The strawberry gloss I gave away....for me the smell was too fake and sickly sweet. The rootbeer turned out to be a dissapointment.....it wasn't the pretty gloss I was hoping to get. I was surprised to find the chocolate pie gloss though. It is without a doubt my favorite brown gloss of all time. I am crossing my fingers they will put it out on it's own. I'd buy it again only to get the choco pie gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for Christmas from my sister, and while she meant well, I wasn't too impressed.

First of all, I hate how the raspberry sorbet tastes and looks on me. I'm not a fan of pink. It has a nice smell, but that's about it.

The chocolate pie gloss smells pretty good, but I hate how it's in a pot, and I hate how it's just like brown wax. It's good for a balm, though - I usually use it at night.

The root beer float gloss gives a nice, sheer brown tint on my lips. As I am a fan of root beer, I LOVE THE SMELL. Also, for some reason, mine is tingly? Maybe they got that one mixed up with the raspberry sorbet...haha.

Lastly, the strawberries & whipped cream - though it is pink, this one is my favorite in the set. I am a huge fan of holographic like stuff, and the smell of this one is amazing...yeah, it's thin, and that gets annoying, but it's a shade of pink that I can tolerate.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by earmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a high quality product. In my set, the sticker that is the label for the Root Beer Float lipgloss wasnt fully attached, and had bubbles. Bad Quality packaging. The pigment in all of the lipglosses were nearly non-existant, except for root beer float. They all had a pleasent scent but all of them don't do half what todays lip venoms, lip injections, lip glazes do. This is a lipgloss set for your little sister, or your niece or any other girl that's under 10. But i like this lot because, well i'm a little tired of the F#$% Me lipglosses of today. I'm tired of having all my hair stuck to my lips, or of my lips going numb from buring/stinging sensations and finally of having what feels like sticky tar covering my lips. This set is a throw back to when lipgloss was fun and for the young, rather than todays 40 yearold trying to be the playboy bunny. (after two months, i really don't like this set anymore. They've all evolved to have this wierd plastic taste. ugh. I've changed my mind. I woulnt buy this again.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

This collection includes 4 lip products which come in a paper, refrigerator-like contraption which is cute but not terribly practical.

There is a raspberry-sorbet flavored lipgloss that is shiny and medium pink, which I like even though the color isn't really *me* (I tend to like pale glosses).

Then there is a small lipgloss that appears peachy-pink in the tube but turns pink on your lips. I love the scent and the shine, but the color's disappearing/reappearing acts get on my nerves. Overall, I like it though.

The other two glosses included are root beer flavored and chocolate pie flavored. I love the root beer one because it's shiny and doesn't come off as pigmented as you'd imagine. The scent, to me, is really pleasant. The chocolate pie one is cute too, but I like more shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so cute. I especially love the strawberries and cream gloss, it's a very sheer red tint with pink iridescence. The chocolate pie gloss smells like actual chocolate pie that I ate, the root beer gloss is well, not my favourite (it doesn't really smell like root beer; I don't even like actual root beer) and the raspberry sorbet gloss' smell is very faint- nice gloss though. I noticed that on the Sephora site, the package for the choco. pie gloss was tin, but its just plastic. The fridge-- I love it!! It's so cute and just so awesome, of course don't throw it out. Try this stuff!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 8:02:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I asked for this for the holidays because I wanted to love the Root Beer Float. It's okay. . .not enough color pay off to really make things interesting. I like the chocolate, but it's in a pot and I'm not a huge fan of pots. The Raspberry Sorbet just has a weird taste that isn't raspberry. But it's a nice "It's Sunday therefore I'm not getting made up" gloss. My surprise however is the Strawberries and Cream wand gloss. I like the flavor and I like the color. I like the fact that it's thin. I'm enjoying it immensely.