September 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Defense Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2005 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Dot_Cotton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have combination skin and it's very hard to find a perfect foundation. I like this one a lot, because it gives just enough coverage, without making my face look pasty or oily. The coverage is sheer and natural looking. This foundation has SPF 30 and that's very important for me (I live in Florida).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2004 11:49:00 AM More reviews by FlirtyinFL

I recently purchased this and was very excited to try it. I really love all Neutrogena products, and I have never really had any products. So I tried this for the first time today. As soon as I put it on my face felt very greasy. And the tint barely showed through on my acne-prone skin. Made actually appeared even redder than before. But after about 15 minutes the redness disappeared and the moisturizer soaked in. My face does feel a bit greasy, but that could be solved with some blotting paper or powder. I did not like the sheer coverage because I need more coverage for my pimples and acne scars. But will a little concealer under the moisturizer, it looks very natural. I'd say that if you have sorta dry, normal, or slightly oil skin this is the perfect tinted moisturizer especially with the SPF 30. But acne-prone skin needs a lot more coverage than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessica_Dior

i have pale skin
the tint darken as the day went on
the tint started to fade too
i had an uneven look to my face
i used powder
i will never buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sneezydiva3

It has a nice sheer coverage and great SPF, and didn't make me break out. But it started looking orange on me by the end of the day. I have a weird skin tone to match though. I'm very pale like my mother, but I have an olive cast to my skin from my dad. At drug store prices, it's worth checking out at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by JewL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product! I bought it yesterday from CVS for 50% off. I just had to try it for that great sale! It's wonderful. I tried it this morning and it left my skin very smooth. It's not heavy at all. It doesn't smell like anything, even considering the high SPF. THe SPF 30 makes me feel re-assured that i'm doing something to help prevent signs of aging. This product is great...it covered up my flaws flawlessly and was not heavy..and lasted throughout the entire day!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by chubbsc

I've been using MAC for years but I decided to give this a try. I really like the product, it goes on really light & it isn't greasy feeling. I tend to break out & this didn't make me break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2003 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this foundation; unfortunately, CVS seems to have stopped carrying my shade (Classic Porcelain). The product goes on well and provides the sheer coverage that is usually adequate for most of my face (concealer works for the trouble spots). I love the SPF. Evens out my tone and leaves my skin looking soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by april1976

I really have taken a liking to this product. I use it to even out my skintone in combo w/ my MAC concealer and powder. It works especially well in the fall - winter months for me. I will purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

It matches my skin tone perfectly. It's very sheer. Perfect for just evening out skin tone. Can't even tell it's on. And I like how it has SPF 30.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by smash

After being disappointed with Sonia Kashuk's Hydrotint, I was skeptical of any product that called itself "sheer." But Neutrogean Healthy Defense is exactly what I was looking for. It evens out my skin tone, provides SPF, and doesn't seem to budge. This is the product my friend and I wore instead of sunscreen to an amusement park, and it stayed put perfectly. I'm fairly pale, and the lightest shade is ideal for me.

I didn't notice any smell, either.