August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Sheer Raspberry Ice

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

Raspberry Ice is a warm, subdued brown-pink color ideally-suited for summertime and year-around office use. Contrary to the name, it is not overly sheer compared to the shimmer shades Avon sells under the Ultra Color Rich line, which at the moment are a bit too sheer per my experience with a recent order. The satin finish to this lipstick is is not so frosty as to be OTT, but you can pick up on a silvery-white pearl both in the tube and on the lips. In spite of the subtle white satin finish, the overall color consists of a bronze (brown) copper (pink) fusion which on me is a more lively look than the typical nude. (I don't fare well with nude lipsticks because they wash me out but I can wear this!)

One of the problems I have had in ordering from Avon's Ultra Color Rich lipstick line is that the names do not always fall in line with the color. Recently, I ordered Avon's Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in "Golden Berry", which led me to expect a warm, gold-tone shimer. Instead, it was a misclassified metallic, replete with large silver flecks of glitter suspended in a deep plum base. Although a surprisingly nice color given how vampy it looked in the tube, there was nothing whatsoever "golden" about the look of the lipstick, whereas at least the "Ice" in this name corresponds to the cool satin finish in Sheer Raspberry Ice!

In general, I find that Avon has nice colors that somehow manage to flatter a wide variety of skin tones. Unfortunately, their online swatches rarely depict color depth accurately and the names are sometimes misleading as to whether a color is "cool" or "warm". Having said that, Sheer Raspberry Ice is one of the more appropriately-named Ultra Color Rich selections that is likely to please anyone. I will most likely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by xajaso

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always had a tube of Raspberry Ice on hand since the late 90's. It is a perfect MLBB color for me. Slight shimmer, just the right amount. At some point it was renamed as "Sheer" but the formulation seems unchanged IMO. One swipe is perfect if you just need a pick-me-up, but it is certainly buildable into a heavier, more coppery pink. It is actually a fairly complex color and works well with a variety of lipliners: pink, nude, browns, plums...one of my more versatile lipsticks. I like that I can throw my hair in a ponytail and slick some of this on for a quickly polished look. It is such a good MLBB shade I can even apply it without looking in the mirror. When I went from blonde back to my natural medium brunette it still looked fab.

Avon frequently offers sales and 2-for-1 type deals, perfect time to grab a few tubes of Raspberry Ice. This is the lipstick I keep on the makeup table, at work, and in my bag. No matter how I am dressed, I know it will work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by habana

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. The name is a bit deceptive. It's not a raspberry color at all, it's actually a lovely rose shade. I wouldn't consider it sheer either, although it's not a heavy opaque color and it does have a bit of shimmer. This color compliments my cool, fair coloring so well and it doesn't dry out my lips! This isn't the first time I've bought this lipstick and it certainly won't be the last. It's my most used lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

One of the best Avon lipsticks. It's a complex color-- slightly sheer, deep rosy pink with copper shimmer--gorgeous especially for fall. Not too cool for my brunette coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**this is a review I posted on my Blog**

I must admit, I have owned this lipstick for over a year now. That's the reason why the lipstick seemed used not brand new. But given the fact I have owned this lipstick for a long time, it gives me the advantage to tell you about this lipstick and why I love it so much.

There was a sale with Avon (see, I told ya I like them sales!). This lipstick, according to the Avon website retails at 7.00 dollars. I was able to purchase this lipstick at 50% percent off. So, I ended up paying 3.50 plus tax. I picked the color from the booklet, they did not have a tester at all. So in reality, I purchased this lipstick with blind hope. Boy, I lucked out!!!

What I like is that this formula is creamy with a little hint of satin. This lipstick did not dry my lips at all. The color is universal and the wear time for me was 3-4 hours. You can have a porcelain complexion or olive skintone and this lipstick will really bring out the best of your lips, seriously. In my opinion this is one of the most underrated lipstick shade from the Avon collection. I will confess that before I planned to review this lipstick, I went to Avon's website just to see if they still have the shade available and they do! If you need a lipstick that can be perfect for work or play, this shade knocks it out of the park. What saddens me is that this lipstick is not talked about because it truly deserves our attention. Even if you are not a fan of Avon's perfumes or makeup, you need to give this shade a try. Seriously.
Again beautiful color. Avon gives plenty of chances to nab their shades at a reasonable cost due to their sales (right now it is priced at 4.99, same cost of a lipstick purchased at Walmart, Target or in my case in Texas Grocery Store HEB).
Beautiful Lipstick and Holy Grail quality!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lets face it, Avon has the worst descriptions for lipsticks. However, this color looks amazing! It is a rose, golden shimmer/copper color on me. I use this every once in a while though because i have heard complaints that many people have broke out around their mouth because of avon lipsticks (talk about NON-comodegenic) and I breakout very easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

This was my first Avon lipstick. It's been in my lipstick collection for awhile now. It's not one I go to often, but I do really like it. The name doesn't really depict the colour, as what frequently happens with Avon. I wouldn't exactly say it's "sheer" or "raspberry" really. It's more of a rosy/coppery colour and the slightest bit of shimmer. It isn't easy to describe. It's different. Nice, creamy texture. Applies very smoothly. The staying power isn't the greatest, but it isn't the worst either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was expect this to be a little more on the berry toned side, but it's more of a rose. I love it! On my lips it's a YLBB color. It matches the rose, slightly reddish color inside my lower lip. This lipstick doesn't have an old lady smell, or a nasty taste. I can't wait to get the others colors in this line,

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by UmmMaymoonah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this color, but dont be fooled by the name, its no where close to be sheer. Its actually very pigmented, and it almost comes off as a reddish copper color on my lips. I got this cuz it said sheer, I love sheer lipsticks cuz they are wearable all the time.
Another thing to note they are not very good quality in the sense that they come off the base, the product itself is not bad but the fact that it comes off the base is just wierd. I try not to twist it up most then 1/4 of the way or even less, just to get it to glide on my lips for fear of it breaking off.
I do like the feel of it as it is moisturizing, and glides on very easily, but there are much better things out there.
Overall like the color, if I wear it with a light hand and the consistency is nice, but thats it. Just alright.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick. Like other reviewers have stated, the color doesn't match it's name. I don't even know how to describe the color, it looks like a rose/coral/copper color, I'm not sure, but it is a really beautiful color. It's one of the only lipsticks I like too wear, because most look terrible on me. It also feels nice on. It's a great lipstick. =}