December 18, 2014 | 1531 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lip Color - Slopes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Thaleianienna

This colour is so pretty, I love wearing it wherever because it makes me feel so pretty! Its a brownish plummy colour and it somewhat reminds me of MAC Verve, which I think has a bit more brown and less moisturizing. I'm somewhat of a lipstick addict but I always end up reaching for this one. The colour is versatile and it can be worn both light and dark,The only issue that I have with this is, I don't know why, it doesn't seem to last that long on my lips, maybe 2 hour?:s But I honestly dont care I would definitely buy this again when it runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lipstick used to be my favorite cosmetic, and I wore it every day. But some years back I decided I just couldn't hack how dry the shades I like made my lips. The timing corresponded with the trend of thick, goopy lipgloss, a look for which I couldn't really force enthusiasm... and that turned into an instant sticky trap for any hairs that escaped being pulled back in windy SF. YUCK. So I switched to wearing balm every day.

Enter the 90s aesthetic revival! This color looks like something I would have chosen in Ye Olden Daye: neutral enough to wear anywhere but fairly dark and matte. A teeny bit brownish, but only enough to make it a dark neutral. I would have worn this all day, every day back then! As many have mentioned it's a shade that seems like it'd work beautifully on a wide rang of complexions. I'm very pale, with pinky-red undertones and it's a perfect shade on me.

I find the scent completely inoffensive, though admittedly I'm not terribly pick about this - my main concern is that the shade is flattering and that it doesn't dry out my lips. Well... I give that about a 1.75 out of two. The shade is really, really nice. And it doesn't *completely* parch my lips, but I can definitely tell I wore LS rather than balm the next day. I doubt I'd want to wear it more than 2 days in a row, tops. But it's nowhere near as drying as other LS I used to tolerate, especially for how long-lasting it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shellbelle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A "flushed red"? Nope. Let's be clear-this is a very pretty color which works well with my dark brunette hair and light/olive coloring, but I see it as more of a plummy/deep rose with maybe juuust a hint of brown. I think in the Bobbi Brown world this stands out as more "red" than most of the neutrals she is so famous for. I see several comments about taste, which I really don't get, either. It has a mild scent, but not offensive, to me. The wondrous thing about Bobbi Brown colors is that they work with one's complexion, generally, and if you find a BB color that works for you, you will feel like you have struck gold. This one is one of those! It makes me feel pretty but its not one that I wear in a professional setting that looks out of place or clownish. Creamy formula, nice staying power. I use it with the Slopes liner for a bit more intensity. Prettier on me than "raisin", which just looks brown/blah. When I want a little more "real" red, reach for "crimson" (beautiful ) or "red" (classic).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My desert-island lipstick, for sure. Once in a while, there is a color that wakes up your whole face and makes you look healthy. It goes with whatever you're wearing and can be worn to work, play or special occasions with equal aplomb. This is my color. I think it may be many people's color. Heck, I have even put it on when lounging around the house in my pajamas just to feel prettier - and poof! I am! This is a quiet, neutral flushed red in a chic, minimalistic squared tube that has no scent or taste. Some might find it drying, but I think the formula clings to the lips and stays on for a long time without being sticky - a plus in my book. Sings *I feel pretty*...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely one of my new favorite lip colors; I am amazed that it can look so different! A sheer coat just defines my lips -- it darkens them to the point where they are rosy and noticeable (I was told by the SA that Bobbi Brown designed the color after the flushed look of skiiers coming off the slopes in Telluride). With another coat, it becomes a deeper rosewood (or maybe mulberry), which can be built up even further to a vampy dark red. Given its versatility, I think it would look flattering on a variety of skin tones -- particularly since, at base, it's a neutral; it leans neither warm nor cool. I highly recommend checking this shade out -- it is definitely one of the most interesting colors I have ever seen (and I am very particular)! The only caveat is that it is a bit drying; I highly recommend using balm underneath.

For reference: NW5-10, NARS Siberia.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by StellaStarlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When it comes to lipstick two criteria strike me as most important, color and texture in terms of whether or not it is drying or not. This color is a beautiful plummy burgundy red and on me there is no hint of brown. I saw that one of the reviewer's of this color is an Asian woman who said she had read that the Bobbi Brown product line has some of the best colors for Asians. I had read the same thing so while I am not Asian I do have a yellow undertone so I thought perhaps BBrown would have some becoming lipstick colors for me. Well Raisin was too brown for me, Slopes is a great color which I think would suit a lot of people. As I prefer a stained look I blot my lipstick, re-apply and blot again so I avoid a "lipsticky" look. For some reason the color seems to last longer when I apply it this way. I think this color would suit fair skinned to dark skinned women, it is in my opinion what I would classify as a "dark neutral." Also, as I blot it it doesn't feel drying.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice reddish/brown color that livens up my face, without being too overpowering. Bobbi Brown's colors seem to work well for Asian complexions like mine, and also seem to work well for warm undertones (in fact a long time ago some Asian beauty magazine picked Bobbi as some of the best makeup colors for Asians). It's perhaps not as moisturizing as I'd like, but it does last a long time and I like that it doesn't bleed. It's a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kellysha

I was looking for this colour in winter/autumn but didnt manage to find it at that time, I tried MAC captive and hated it! Its a brownish red shade and I pair it with a lipliner of the same shade.Its a darker shade so its perfect for work in my opinion because it adds a polished look to formal work wear. Its not too red that its wearable for daytime. I cant wait for winter now- its not going to stop me from wearing it during summer though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mommer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick. It's not my everyday lipstick but my favorite in terms of color. It's beautiful and gives me a very healthy, vibrant face and it stays on forever. Wear it with the matching lip liner for a complete look although it's not necessary. A definite keeper. I am a medium/olive toned Asian with a tan, for reference.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading all of the reviews on this color, I decided to give it a try. But I am on the fence with it. I am tough with lipsticks, I have a taste issue. This is my first Bobbi lippie and witll probably be my last. It has a taste that makes it unwearable for me. The color goes on creamy and seemed to last a long time. But I couldn't get over the taste.
The color was very pigmented which is nice. It's a nice rosey-brown on me. It's very natural and great for daytime.
I like wearing lipstick to work, and gloss other times. I usually wear Chanel RA's and will stick with them. But I love Bobbi Brown and wanted to give this a try.