October 31, 2014 | 1530 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Eyeliner Duet

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had this in 884 (A Place in the Sun) which was a very nice colors, but smeared terribly. I wanted a bronze/gold eyeliner and was happy when I found this. I tried wearing this multiple different days, but I am tired of the mess. So, I just threw it away. I found a fabulous bronze eyeliner in Physicians Formula trio for Warm Nudes. It absolutely stays put!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Pennyenvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was picked out for me by theater makeup friend after he declared he was going to do my make up for fun one day....

I am a very frugal person and I was out of black liner, so he grabbed the Rich Girl one because two eyeliners for pretty much the price of one.. Bonus!

That was 2 years ago. Since then I use the black side almost every day... It goes on pretty smooth and stays on my water line. All day. If I'm at work, bar, or gym, it'll need a little touch up sometimes, but most will still be there. (Secretly, I haven't used the gold side much..So I couldn't really tell ya of that works as well.)

I don't know what it is about this particular liner. I've tried the regular black NYC liner... And it's just not the same.. It doesn't go on as even and doesn't stay on as long. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

For as long as I can remember, this has been my staple eyeliner for the past 8 years. No amount of HE, ME or other LE makeup of mine can compare to the special place this eyeliner has in my heart. My favorite has always been Islands in the Stream, which is paired with a gorgeous, metallic green color. I will say that the green does smudge a bit over time but the black is long-lasting. I sometimes use the green as an eyeshadow and it's super smooth to glide on!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on clearance for 51 cents after I had run out of my trusty L'Oreal infallible. Because I'm an odd duck, I only use pencil liners for my water line, I'm a little paranoid about using anything else.
Welp, at least it was cheap.
It smudges like crazy, pigmentation is poor, and I had to drag it to get any color...which hurts. It's also worth noting that while the pencil seems gigantic, there's just about nothing in there. I cut it in half cause there's no pratical way to store this giant mess, and found that there's hardly any lead in there. Sneaky, sneaky, NYC. Way to create an abysmally oversized product that is neither pratical nor full.
But, when all was said and done, I finally did find a purpose for this little misfit.
I was cast in my school's spring play as a woman who is...shall we say...misguided. That's the most polite phrasing I can think of, and my director recommended my look be something like the smudged black liner eyes a la Taylor Momsen. This pencil was perfect for creating the messy, smudged, overdone liner look. If nothing else, I'm grateful that I looked the part.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just used the black side and it works really well. It doesn't smudge, good coloring, and the good thing is unlike the other brand I've used black is black it doesn't go through as quickly-it lasts longer. The silver part came out awhile ago, but oh well the black part is really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by cutetina09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so when I bought this, I didnt have much expectations (it was Rich Girl), but when I put it on, I was really amazed! What I do is I put the light brown color on the inner half of my lower water line, and the black on the out waterline. It makes me look really fresh faced, and I cant walk out of the house without it! The one con I have about this is that the black smudges alot, so I have to use a different black liner (i like the Black Brightening Eye Color from E.L.F., now that makes me look brighteyed!)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

No color payoff, the liners are really hard, and they dont sharpen well. I also always have a problem with the caps falling off. I finally got the hint and stopped wasting my money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by GlowingCandlelight

For the price, this eyeliner is pretty good. However, I have a monolid, and I found this disappeared from my top lid after a few hours. My "crease", I guess you can call it, is right by my lash line, which makes me a monolid, so all the eyeliner (I only use the black side) travels to the small "crease" and it looks pretty bad, but it doesn't matter to me since I use this for stage makeup. I bought the black/brown duet. The black is creamy to put on, and the brown side is "eh". If you have a monolid, I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wowowowow! these liners are awesome, i have purchased some a long time ago & were actually the first liners i bought when i first started using makeup over 10 years ago now & recently realized they have improved so much but i have always loved these liners!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
these liners can be found wherever your NYC Cosmetics are sold. most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as Walmart & Target. Price will vary depending on your location as well as sales/discounts but these are normally $1.98- yes less than $2 for basically 2 liners? super cheap liner but dont let that fool you!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
These liners come in many different shades. These are dual pencils meaning one side is a certain shade + the other side is a black eyeliner. So you always get black & a colored liner. I own a few and all of them are super soft. not the creamiest but they are def soft & dont pull or tug too much on the eye. Super pigmented. The black liner is great black & goes on well on the water line & lash lines. Its like a kohl black liner but stays on longer since its less smudgeable. Its a pretty great super black liner. Its def improved from previous duet liners i bought. Also, they have got some new shades & maybe changed a few names? I love all of the ones i own & will def try more if i ever get through the ones i got. The colored liners go on super smooth & easily on waterlines or lash lines. They dont pull or tug like most cheaper liners. They are soft & creamy enough. They last for me on my primed normal lids for over 8 hrs. If you have oily lids- def prime & set w/powder whether its powder shadows or face powder. anything to pick up excess oils will help the longevity of the liners. of the ones i own, ill tell you about them
ISLANDS IN THE STREAM (885)- this is a gorgeous teal aqua green shade, its a great vivid teal green shade it has a slight shimmer but its great for green on the lower lash line- its an older version so its not the softest
A RICH GIRL (881)- this is probably my favorite since its a gorgeous golden shimmer champagne liner. its so amazing in the inner corner or on the waterline since its not stark white. Its my fav liner for the inner tear duct since it opens them up naturally like the light caught your eye. I love using this alone or topped w/ cg champagne shadow- wow! its a def must own liner!
MOCKINGBIRD- this is probably one of my most used since it comes with your basic black liner & a gorgeous golden pearl white liner. Its perfect for the inner tear duct area & opening up the eyes. Its not a matte white that would work great on the waterline but still great for the tear duct. Its so pretty that way. Wear alone or for more staying power, top it w/ a shimmery pearl shadow & it will stay put for hours. I love this color & use it alot.
=PACKAGING=
These Eyeliner Duets are a double ended eyeliners. One side is always a black eyeliner while the other end is a colored liner. They both have a plastic slid on lid that fits well to help keep the liner safe/from drying out. The logo/name is located in metallic silver writing on the pencil. These pencils are super long. Almost double in size of most of my liners so you will see these poking out all the time. Great for picking them up. So you get alot of each pencil shade. Equal amounts of each pencil. Id like if they gave you more of the colored side since ill end up having a whole bunch of black liner since i love using the colored side of the these more which is a bummer. Im going to have a ton of black liner half pencils in the end but I really do enjoy a double ended pencil. These are standard pencil width so they can fit & sharpen easily in a normal pencil sharpener. they dont chip or break off so no wasted pencil.
Overall, these are seriously such a steal! i love the ones i own & will continue to repurchase these. for the price i can def afford them & i always get so many compliments when i use the bright shades on my lower lash lines & top with a bright colored shadow- it is just a great way to add vivid colors w/out popping a blue shadow all over the lid. So thats how i like to use color & these pencils are soft & keep getting better! wish theyd sell some singles of the colored shades. I know they have ot have updated the single shades since ive looked last- im sure theyve improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by leila3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have two of these: A Place In The Sun (golden bronze similar to MAC Teddy kohl & black) and Through The Storm (metallic purple & black). The colored sides go on lighter and actually deliver more glimmery than opaque color with one swipe although they can be built up. The pencils have an odd texture that may come as a surprise at first - sort of powdery, dry yet waxy but that makes them great for smudging. Not so good if you want a smooth, creamy line but it fits a purpose in my makeup kit. My favorite way to use this is to use the black side to tightline and then smudge the gold or purple on my lower lashline. It looks smokey and quite beautiful that way. For under $2 with tax each I don't expect a lot and actually find them quite nice.