October 24, 2014 | 1890 users online

Lip Gloss - Kevyn Aucoin - The Elegant Lip Gloss- Vesuvian/Caramel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nemona7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am stunned by the low review for this product. I love it! For my light to medium skintone, it is the perfect nude color and i love the way it smells!! yum! wish i would have bought 2!
PS-forgot to mention, very moisturizing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite kit glosses. It is a nude creamy caramel color with a decided beige/gold slight shimmer undertone that goes on light/medium coverage or sheerness. I love this for doing nude lips paired with intense smokey eyes. I also love this when doing peachy or earth toned faces. The texture to me, is very moisturizing, creamy, and non-sticky. The scent is a a bit odd. It's like a rose vanilla. It doesn't stay with the product though and a lot of my clients find the mixed scent sort of a relaxing comforting scent upon initial application. This is not one of those glosses you just wear alone. It's not pigmented enough to do so unless you happen to have naturally berry red lips and then you are the exception to this rule and would adore the heck out of this color (ie angelina jolie lips).
I love to line a lip with either Kevyn Aucoin lip pencil, Mac Spice, Merle Norman light chocolates lip pencil, or Aveda Maple lip pencil then lightly fill in the center to give the lips a bit more color. I then use a lip brush to fill in the center of the bottom lip, and V on the top lip with the KA Vesuvian lip color to give a beautifully glowing nude lip. I will say due to the beigy/golden undertone you need to have moisturized lips to apply this. The color will sit on chapped or dry spots and not sink in. I find this true of most beigy nudes. Try Benefit Lipscription set, it'll last you forever (had my set for over 2 years) and get rid of the chappies so you can pull of the nude lip look beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I eagerly ordered this from beauty.com as soon as they began selling the KA line. A few weeks prior, I purchased a Chantecaille palette and found myself constantly dipping into the caramelly shade in the palette (Amaretto, new for fall) and was running through that so quickly I wanted a similar, portable color. The KA is only a dollar more than a Chantecaille single, plus you get a lipbrush, so I figured I would give it a go. Unfortunately, this REALLY disappointed me. First, the texture was TERRIBLE. It just sat on my lips, did not sink in or blend - bleh. It smelled yucky to me. The lip brush it came with was very stiff, too. Thankfully, beauty.com has an excellent return policy and I was able to get rid of this. Sorry girls, I'd recommend Chantecaille Amaretto over this any day.