The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Isoeugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 4/26/2015 12:24:00 PM

I've been wearing the Body Shop White Musk line maybe since around grade 9. I love it and it's the only scent that makes me feel like myself. Around college I've switched briefly to Lanvin D'Asperge, the only other scent I've ever worn beside White Musk. Now in my house I only have those two. White Musk and D'Asperge. But for me White Musk almost always win. I hardly wear the Lanvin one - although it's also another beautiful smell.

The EDT version of White Musk doesn't last really long. EDP is better. I wear the deodorant as well.

My childhood bf told me, before we were together, he once roamed around the mall trying to find the scent that I wore. Still remember that till this day, bring smile to my face.

Whenever I haven't been myself, I usually wear this just to warm my heart. This line from the Body Shop, it has really become a part of me. Been wearing it for more than 10 years. Maybe reaching 15 years.

on 12/17/2014 5:29:00 AM

Once this oil has melted into your skin, it leaves behind the most soft, powdery, warm and feminine scent trail. It lasts all day on me (I have gotten compliments 6 hours into wearing it!) and is one of very few scents that hasn't been messed with throughout the years. I've been wearing it regularly year round for 26 years and it still smells sexy, warm and clean, in a non-perfumey way. People around me think 'something smells really nice in here', instead of: 'I like your perfume.'

When I wear it, I feel enveloped by its subtle warm powdery softness; it's my number one comfort scent. It's also perfect on days I want to make sure my scent does not overpower someone (dentist, doctor, long car ride, etc.). A little dab goes a long way, so I'm sure my newly purchased bottle will last for ages. Oh, and I prefer the newer purple bottle with the applicator to the smaller transparent one. The latter just feels a bit too 'teeny bopperish' for a grown woman. ;-)

I hope they'll never discontinue this intoxicating oil!

on 7/27/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really really really really like this perfume oil! I've read that other people say that it is a very popular perfume and you often find people wearing it, but I have never smelled this on anyone. Maybe I just live in a country where The Body Shop isn't too popular (in addition to having few stores, argh!). To me it smells like white soap. I actually have a white coloured drugstore soap and it smells exactly the same way. Really it does. However after that the smell of the soap goes away, of course, like a soap should. This perfume oil, however, lasts. After the initial "white, clean soap" smell goes away, it smells more sensual. It's not overpowering, when you wear it people will smell it but they won't even know that it's you! I was wearing it one day in a room and people all started commenting on how come the room smelled like incense? The nice, authentic kind of incense that you smell in cathedrals, not the fake plastic kind. I also love the bottle, with the wand on the lid it's sooo easy to apply!

on 5/22/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is delicious! I describe it as a your skin but better scent. It's warm, sensual, comforting & really nice. It's definitely something that you can wear every day. Really nice. The price is right, it smells clean & nice. This is the kind of scent to wear when you just want to smell nice but not "perfumey" if that makes sense.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There was a great online sale at the Body Shop's website on perfume oils. I had never tried oils before so I blind bought some, including the 30 ML bottle of White Musk oil.

First off, I love the bottle. The wand attached to the lid makes application easy and not messy. And the scent, omg! It's so warm, sensual and sexy with a hint of edge. It's a bit strong when you first put it on (you only need a dab). Then after awhile it settles down and lasts the whole day. My skin didn't react negatively at all. This bottle is going to last a long time! It's the kind of scent you can wear anywhere: shopping, going out, after a shower, to bed. Also wear it in any season.

I would recommend this to any lady. If you haven't tried perfume oils before, I recommend trying all the Body Shop's Scents of the World collection. I loved this one so much that I bought the matching body mist.

on 11/12/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing The Body Shop's White Musk oil now, and I've had my little clear round bottle for many years. I've always found it a little scratchy & sharp at first application (moreso than Jovan White Musk, which is softer start-to-finish). It's clean, fresh & crisp at first -- but after it has melded into skin, it becomes considerably softer & warmer -- very sensuous. It's strong -- you only need a small dab -- and it lasts and lasts.

I once smelled it on 2 other women, and I didn't recognize it as "white" musk on them -- I thought it was one of the more golden brown varieties, since it smelled warm -- but after asking, it turned out to be this one, and I was surprised.

I still remember those 2 whiffs -- one was from a young teen cashier at TJ Maxx -- and the other from a 20-something cashier at Lowes Foods. Both times, as I approached their registers, their wafts were pretty strong -- I could smell their musks from a couple feet away, as I approached -- they had a little scent cloud around them. But they both smelled *delicious* -- obviously wearing some sort of musk, but I would have guessed Coty Wild, Jovan, or something else on the ambery side, colored brown, since they smelled so warm and sensuous.

So I asked -- and they each said Body Shop White Musk -- and I was surprised in both cases to find out their musk was "white". It didn't smell crisp, sharp, or floral on them at all -- rather it was very smooth, warm, sensuous, cloudlike, and lovely. Because of its great strength & longevity, The Body Shop's White Musk oil is an excellent value, especially when they have BOGO sales on their website. Lots and lots of bang for your buck, without taking up a lot of space. A good any-time, any-occasion scent.

Launched in 1981, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Basil, Galbanum, Musk, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes - Jasmine, Lily, Musk, Rose
Base Notes - Amber, Oakmoss, Iris, Musk, Patchouli, Peach, Vanilla, Vetiver

ADDENDUM 11/17/13: I just bought a new 1oz tall purple bottle of the perfume oil (BOGO on their site), and I like it better than my roughly 10-yr-old round clear bottle. While I said above that it was scratchy & harsh at first -- this new bottle isn't -- it's exactly the same scent but smoother and a little sweeter start-to-finish. Which is great -- I like my new bottle better. The flip side is that it doesn't last as long -- it's not as strong & concentrated as my old bottle, so I have to reapply more frequently -- but I don't mind that, since I enjoy the scent better. It's not all lightness & freshness -- it does have some earthiness about it also.

on 8/15/2013 1:09:00 PM

I used to wear this perfume oil in college all the time then it sort of slipped away from me. A few years ago I smelled it on someone passing by and realized how much I missed this scent. It is such a clean, refreshing, unique scent, but it is something that you can wear everyday and it is pretty versatile. It is musky and woodsy, and it is also a combination of sexy and sweet. Very good for wearing almost anywhere, at work, on a date, out with friends, at the gym, out shopping, etc. The price point is great and because it is an oil, it lasts a long time (unless you spill the bottle :-) ).

on 8/11/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After slowly becoming a lover of musks, I knew I had to purchase this. And at $16, it was not really something I would worry about if I hated (I know my mom would take it!). Anyway, I tried it on in the store and didn't think much of it. It was really powdery and had a strong edge to it. I figured I would browse the store while I waited for it to calm down. I'm glad I did! Once you give it time to meld with your skin, it becomes a soft and clean scent that is just lovely. It's in no way over-the-top, and I feel like this would be the perfect scent to wear when you don't want your perfume to enter the room before you do.

Also, I love the way they package the oil (I buy the one in the small white bottle). There is a rubber-like flat stick that is attached to the lid that is absolutely perfect for applying the oil. It makes it much easier than having to tip the bottle over and risk spilling it!

Love.

on 4/16/2013 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

warm, sensual and sexy....I mix it with D&G Light Blue and OMG

on 10/13/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This isn't as good as a remember. It use to really meld with my body leaving a fresh clean smell. This new formulation is more arid and harsh smelling. Unfortunately, I bought two bottles without testing it first. I've been able to save this though by mixing it with a little of The Body Shop Vanilla EDT. However, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Popular Fragrances