September 16, 2014 | 2009 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner - Mullet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Medusa777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The colour is unique. There are a lot of blue-green, yellow-green & gold-green glitter liners but I have never seen a silver-green liner. You can get a totally different effect and if you don't look good with regular greens on your eyes, you probably will be able to pull this one off (since it has silver undertones). I've met a lot of "middle aged" women who are afraid of glitter, but you can always line your lid from above the pupil to the outside corner of your lid to brighten up your eyes (just make sure you don't end the line going downwards because it can make your eyes look droopy.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

one of my FAV UD glitter liners E-V-E-R and I have several. What i adore about Mullet, is that it's a soft enough green that it doesn't look obnoxious and "loud". It's a very soft green, but not so soft that it's undetectable. This liner makes my brown eyes pop like mad! I little line of this on the inner third of my upper lashline gives enough oomph, without being over the top "glitterbomb". Quality is smooth, dries fairly quickly, has great staying power and delivers just the right amount of fine sparkle. Definitely a staple for me and one I hope UD never discontinues!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by rayjbady

When I bought the eyeliner I expected much more glitter per layer.. I have to apply the eyeliner in at least 4 layers to get it to be a solid line because the glitter is so far apart. IDK, maybe that's how glitter liners are supposed to be, right?
Not so sure there. Because I have a cheap Hot Topic one that is blue glitter that isn't as much hassle to apply, lasts longer, and has more glitter per swipe. I think I'll go with a cheaper one next time.
I guess the nice thing about the liner is the color- AFTER layering it tons, it works with anything that needs a goldish-green accent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by marlenkaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very good eyeliner. Stays in place forever, easy to apply and beautiful colours. I am into natural makeup normally, but this is perfect for a night out! Still sophisticated, but noticeable and I get lots of compliments. I think I will get more colours

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow. This may be the single coolest makeup item I own. Not the most versatile, or the most everyday-wearable, but the coolest! It went on way easier than I though it would, hasn't budged since it was applied, and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I thought for sure there'd be glitter fallout and my eyes would get all itchy, but it stays right in place and it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything on my eyes.

It lays down an awesome line of pretty green sparkle. Prepare to feel like a fairy princess/rock star when you wear it.

Conclusion: It's like when you were a little kid and just discovered the magic that is GLITTER! -- but in a very grown-up, sexy way.

*NOTE* Almost forgot! I see other reviews saying there was eye irritation due to the glitter shifting around. I forgot that I had already prepped my lids w/eye drops prior to applying (I had been playing w/glittery MU already when this showed up in the mail, haha). So I don't know how well it normally sticks w/o, all I know is I had let the eye drop solution dry on my lids before I put this on, and the glitter hasn't moved or hurt my eyes at all. Just a trick you may want to consider adopting if you haven't already.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by michaelaLUVpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's great to have in case you ever need it. I personally barely use it unless I'm wearing a subtle look to school, so I can add it to my eyelids and it wont look TOO dramatic, while I can look dressed up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UD seems to be only glitter eyeliner that won't fade. Mullet is shiny emerald green, it won't leave you unnoticed at party. Baked is also very good, but Midnight Cowboy and Headbanger are not as good - not so vibrant colours.
I use Mullet with green, gold and/or golden rose eyeshadows. Hint of black eyeliner or eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been wanting to try the heavy metal liners just for the name alone. not a huge glitter fan, but this one rocks. i mean 'mullett' how can you go wrong?? i want more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 8:23:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this liner in a box set also called "Mullet" packaged with Urban Decay Vert eyeshadow (folks, if you can track this down, it's a GREAT deal: in the UK each of these items normally cost just under 11 individually, but the box set was 16 !! meaning that it's a case of "buy one, get one half price".... again if you're in the UK, larger branches of Boots the chemist carry this box set)

When I got my "Mullet" box set, the product I was most impressed with initally was the "Vert" eyeshadow, which is a deepish shimmer green with teal undertones. In comparison to "Vert", the Mullet eyeliner - more of a yellowish, bright medium green, the colour of a ripe lime's skin - seemed just not half as pretty. What's for sure is that the two colours, although both definitely VERY green, do not go together particularly well.... "Vert"'s just too shimmery to look right with a glitter eyeliner... but with OTHER more yellow-based greens (Milani Garden Mist, MAC "Bitter" or "Swimming", or even UD "Acid Rain", which I think they should have packaged it with instead of "Vert") Mullet eyeliner is just THE most pretty thing on Earth, and it really lights up my hazel eyes.

Unlike some other glitter eyeliners I've tried, Mullet doesn't need about ten squillion coats to get a noticable effect, perhaps because the glitter particles are slightly larger than the other liners I've tried. I have "cheapass nobrand" drugstore glitter liners, which are OK, and I also have one MAC glitter liner in a purplish hue (forget the name), and I would say that "Mullet" is superior to either of these. The only glitter eyeliner that I've ever bought that I liked as much was a Tony and Tina long discontinued one, which sadly dried up on me after a long and worthy service.... so if you ever were a fan of "Tony and Tina" glitter liner, the Urban Decay Heavy Metal line is well worth checking out.
The only downside of "Mullet" is that the brush is a bit spindly for what I'd ideally like, but that's no biggie. If "Mullet" is an indication of the quality of the other Urban Decay heavy metal liners, I think I'll be treating myself to "Spandex" soon. Really pretty. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mullet is a great medium green glitter e/l. I like to pair it with UD's e/s Green Goddess and Mildew (in the crease).
I have tried Make Up Store's glitter e/l before but have found that the UD ones are far better than the Make Up Store ones.
Glitter eye liners are fun when you want to do something fun and extra, like for Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve or just a party night. And I like the quality of the Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners. Good staying power and the glitter actually shows up! However, I agree with other reviewers, the glitter can cause eye irritation... be careful when applying it.