April 20, 2014 | 1697 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Gloss Drops

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Thought this product was pretty average. My hair is curly/wavy and I like to let it dry naturally (it goes very poofy) and then put some product in at the end when it's completely dry to make my curls more defined. Or use a product in my hair after I straighten it.

I really wanted to like the gloss drop, but it leaves my hair really greasy looking!! Even when I just use a teeeeeny bit. The serum is so thick that it's so hard to distribute very thinly. My hair is super thick, so if your hair is thin I imagine this product would be even greasier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This works really good in the cold dry winter on my ends, but I can only use a few drops or or my hair gets stringy and greasy looking. It does soak in and provide shine and tame to frizzy ends. I have had this around for a while, I just think the dry weather is the best time to use it, because it does not work as well for me in the summer. Also, I have only used it on my dry hair, so I cannot comment how it works on damp/wet hair. I will buy this again. A little goes a long way.
Update: it is really dry outside and just a drop on dry hair from the middle of my hair down after rubbing it in my hands together is sealing the frizzy ends good and adding some shine too. My hair feels so soft. Again I only used a drop or it will be to greasy. My hair feels soft, too. I upped the score. Love the smell, I don't get these results in the humid summer!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Stylist use these on me (applied to damp hair, prior to blow drying) and now I wanna try them! Seems good for taming a bit of frizz and adding a bit of shine. Probably is loaded with 'cone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every time I straighten my hair. I alternate between putting it in while my hair is damp or after I straighten. my hair is around shoulder length and I have never used more than half a pump. The smell is great and it's not sticky. I've never had a problem with it making my hair look greasy but I've always avoided my roots with it. Keeps frizzies at bay and adds lots of shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

God, I love this stuff. Paired with a flat iron, this serum makes my dark hair skinny, shiny and very soft (which is an accomplishment, having thick, naturally dry hair that has been dyed many times and all.) A small bottle lasts a long time...just don't break the pump top promptly after purchase! *cough*
I can't rave enough about these gloss drops...and it isn't tested on animals! Bonus points!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Stephipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've had coarse, wavy, frizzy, unruly hair for as long as I can remember. I flat-iron faithfully every day and I can tell you I've never found another product that does what this product can. It is a tad pricey, but it's 100% worth every penny. It seals your hair's cuticle to block out humidity and gives the most amazing shine. It smells great and isn't too thin like a lot of serums, also. However, with this being said, remember to use it sparingly. It's easy to pump out a ton of it thinking you'll need that much, just because that's how much you needed of another brand. My hair was past my shoulders a few months ago and extremely thick and dense and one full pump was even pushing it for me. You really only need a pea-sized amount. And it's much easier to use too little & then add some more, than it is to use too much & try to figure out how to get it out! I love it! I would never use anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by anmutasc

Ive been using this product for years now for my curly/wavy, sometimes puffy hair that I straighten every day. After blowdrying one half of my head I apply about 1/2 a pump, like the size of your pinky nail and rub between my fingers then through my hair. It immediately smoothes it out, makes it unbelievably shiny, and lasts a long time. I think at first i was doing the same as others and using too much and it did weigh my hair done, but Ive perfected the routine and realized how to use it without getting that weighed down look. I suggest it to everyone with my type of hair who get frizz after blowdrying. And because you are only using a tiny amount, it lasts for about 4 months....and i have long hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by iheartalize

silicone based. adds shine to dry hair. use sparingly, a little goes a long way! best for coarse, thick hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:19:00 AM More reviews by helplessskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this stuff!!

I have coarse hair which I straighten so I need the shine and softeness that this product gives!

You definately do not need much of this stuff!! I use one small drop and rub it onto my palms and inbetween my fingers and lightly go through my hair.

Great product!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by CathyEarnshaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Geeze people, read the directions! It says to use 1-3 " DROPS.".....not pumps!

I have bone straight, chin length hair of average thickness. I use a drop or 2 of this warmed between my palms and then run lightly down the top of my hair. I use it when my hair is nearly dry.

This product makes my bob look sleek and shiny. A drop or 2 doesn't weigh my hair down.

I love it but it is just silicone and there are much cheaper versions available everywhere.

I would buy the cheap version next time.