December 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Halyal

I have been wearing this foundation, on and off, for a few years. At the beginning I absolutely loved it, as it evened out and mattified my skin beautifully. But as I am getting older, my skin type is changing. Now, it is dry around the edges, especially in the winter. I still really like the consistency and the feel of this foundation, but I avoid it in the winter as it shows up my dry patches and IMO makes them worse. My preferred method of wear: over a moisturiser and a primer, applied with fingers (I find if I use a foundation brush, I end up smoothing it over with my fingers anyway).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by RoseMckinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this foundation. It clogs your poors and oxidizes like whoa.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by susanamrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation last september while on vacation because I was running out of my BB cream and I've heard so much about it that I wanted to give it a try. I really tried to make this work on my skin. I've applied moisturizer and primer before applying Dream Matte Mousse, I'd mix moisturizer or primer to the foundation, I've applied the foundation with a brush and with my hands. I just could not make it work.
I mean, the foundation looks absolutely flawless at first (my co-worker commented on how beautiful my skin looked in the morning), but then it just vanishes shortly after, emphasizing pores and any dry patches.
I finally throw it away yesterday (argh! I hate doing that!) because I think that the foundation has contributed to make my skin even flakier and drier besides the cold we're facing this winter. I've applied another foundation this morning and my skin already looks much, much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by stargazer3

This mousse foundation is super easy to apply. No need for sponges or brushes, works great with my fingers. It goes on great and has wonderful coverage AT FIRST. With or without a primer, this foundation makes me sooo oily w/in 30min after applying. I mean really, really greasy.... even more oily than my plain skin gets alone w/out make-up. If I run my finger over my face and touch something it will even leave an oily smudge. YUCK! No other foundation has ever done this to my skin, and it doesn't naturally ever get that oily either. It also beads up over my pores and I don't have bad skin. I've also noticed it quickly turns orange on my skin as well. I might try one more mousse foundation before trying a different texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by lilmamachia

Got this randomly at Ulta along with the Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation (which is what I really purposed to get at first) since its buy 1 get 1 half off. Been looking for something that gives full coverage with a matte-airbrush finish so when I tried this and realized this does both of those things, I was SO happy. Until I looked at the back and saw the ingredients- I was shocked that it contains TONS of parabens! As you may or may not know, parabens are known to cause breast cancer. There are different types of parabens and usually in drugstore makeup, I see one or two types in a single bottle. But this one, oh my goodness...contains 5! I could not believe it. So now I'm thinking of returning it soon. But since I don't want to be biased, I still gave this 3 stars because it still gives a very good coverage and the finish is undeniably beautiful. When I wore it, it lasted all day and til the end of the night my face still looked flawless with one touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by shinman1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for years and really enjoy it. I have noticed that different shades have different textures and covers differently. I like the soft airbrushed look this foundation gives. It doesn't last all day, but I have yet to find a foundation that does.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blends nicely and has a nice unique texture but is gone in spots where i need it by midday and clings to dry patches.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by AngelaLOVE123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this foundation was 'OK'. I got the shade light porcelain 004 which was a good match but a bit too light (the darker shades were too dark). I have oily skin so thought it would be good to keep me matte. However, it just started to completely dry out my face and it was going all flaky and didnt look healthy when I put the foundation on. It also looked a bit cakey and you could definitely tell I had it on. I did like the coverage as it was medium - full on my skin and doubled as my concealer at the time. I stopped using this because I went to put it on I twisted the lid off and it fell to pieces on the floor! The glass just broke! I don't think it was very strong because I had never dropped it so dont know what happened. Wouldn't repurchase because too drying and bad for skin. Think it have me more breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by hy1ian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SKIN BACKGROUND: normal/dry, acne prone, mild to severe acne marks and scars, dominant yellow-olive undertones.
COVERAGE: full (when applied on top of a powder)
FINISH: matte
TEXTURE: very smooth and spongey
LASTING POWER: 10-12 hours
SHADES: I’m NC20 in Mac and the shade Nude (Light 4) is almost perfect for me. It's slightly more orange than yellow, but it's one of those things where only I really notice it.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: no
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: yes
FINAL VERDICT: When I first tried this foundation, I didn't like it whatsoever. It was streaky, barely medium coverage, and lasted maybe 2-3 hours. After reading different makeup tips, I decided to put on powder before applying the foundation with my clean fingers. I know that sounds weird and gives the impression that it'd make the foundation chalky but it really doesn't! It makes the foundation apply smoothly and makes the coverage flawless. I use Mac Studio Fix Powder beforehand which works great, but using a translucent powder works just as well. After applying the foundation, I set the foundation with the same powder and it lasts even longer. If you didn't like the foundation, don't let it go to waste! Try different methods of applying the foundation to see what suits you best.

UPDATE: Because it's winter, my skin naturally becomes more dry and oddly textured (my acne scars become emphasized). This foundation didn't smooth over my skin as well as it did when I had more moisture in it, so I mixed a bit of silicone primer in it to apply and now it looks even better than before!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by k8lynm1ch3l3

I purchased this product due to Google reviews... I've been purchasing drug store foundations of all brands so I have no "higher end" foundations to compare to. I rated 2/5 because I love the way this product went on. It's smooth and creamy, gave me a semi matte finish, but after about 2 hours I was super greasy. I wouldn't suggest to someone with combination / oily skin. It just didn't last :( I was excited when I was done with my make up to see how natural it looked and I wanted to love it, but it didn't even last.