Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

I saw another girl my age use this and her skin looked flawless. I have normal/oily skin so I thought it would suit me as well. no it did not! it was orange and clinger to ANY dry patch. didn't blend well. the packaging was nice and it wasn't expensive really and I'm sure it is a really good product, just not for me.

Such a disappointment! A coworker of mine has amazing skin and she claims to use this everyday.. so I had to try it.. for me though, the results were not the same.

Matte to the point of making my skin look dry and lifeless.. and not all matte make ups do this. After a few hours it was still matte but my skin had that ghostly, dead look. Never have I had a foundation that made me look so sickly. I threw it out after just a few uses.

on 7/21/2015 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Horrible. Orange, streaky, impossible to blend.
I am NC10 w/ yellow undertones. No way would any of these colors ever match me.
Terrible color selection. I don't like the idea of a pot either, dirty and messy.

on 7/19/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love maybelline products in general. I liked this foundation initially because maybelline's caramel is always a great match for me. This gives good coverage and lasts on my normal-dry skin but.....

CONS:
1. Clings to dry patches on my skin
2. Looks too matte IMO. Like back from the dead ashy matte
3. Hard to apply? It balls up on my skin because of the mousse texture. I blend with a sponge and it gets all over my sink and clothes for some reason. Its even wrose if i try to use a kability brush.
4. Packaging kind of sucks because it's a pot but it's definitely sturdy

All in all I won't buy again.

I've generally had good experiences with mousse foundations, and this one was just..okay on that scale.
I remember buying Dream Matte Mousse on a whim, and even though I bought shade 2 Light, it still ended up being too dark. I had to wait from about October to a few weeks ago to actually start wearing it. Nonetheless, I was happy to try it out.
Its texture is, of course, that of a mousse; it's a much drier mousse than, say, Covergirl's or Revlon's takes on whipped foundations. I appreciated that, though, because the drying and setting time is nonexistent. It's also very weightless on the skin, so you hardly feel it on you. And if you do decide to feel your face a bit, the finish of this foundation is very smooth and velvety. Also, its color isn't too orange, and it matches well with my skintone.
Now, here are the caveats. I had issues getting a perfectly even distribution of this foundation; there are always spots in which it's streaky, sparse, or too blotchy. Its coverage is pretty light, which doesn't do much for my acne-scarred skin. I need to use more concealer than I would like to admit, and it still doesn't look perfect. Sometimes, it's also difficult to gauge how much of Matte Mousse you even need to use for a perfect application! I haven't found the equilibrium between too much and not enough. Finally; its staying power isn't the best, even with primer.
Those were the issues I had with this foundation; for the most part, though, it's an okay product. It's less than $10 at Walmart, and its packaging is very solid- a recurring, yet pleasing, trait with Maybelline. If you have good skin already, I'd consider giving this a shot. Other than that, Dream Matte Mousse is far from winning the mousse foundations race.

on 7/15/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I use the shade Sun beige which is a little darker than my skin tone but I mix it. The product is so lightweight and never looks heavy or cakey. My only downfall is, is the product doesn't stay on for very long which is not what you want, however i did only pay £7... so you get what you pay for.

on 7/9/2015 4:14:00 AM

I love this foundation. My face feels like baby skin and looks matte.

on 7/4/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was just awful. I have oily skin yet this foundation seemed to cling to all these dry patches I didn't even know I had. It does have a lovely smooth texture however when it is applied it goes streaky and really makes the skin look dry and ashy. Would not recommend this for anyone! The coverage is not very good as it is barely pigmented and it goes cakey very easily so it's pretty obvious you're wearing makeup. It does not last during the day either! It just wears away and seriously does look cheap. I have never had a problem with buying drugstore foundations however this is a no go, whether it is cheap or not you can blatantly tell that it is cheap!

This is one of my favorite foundations of all time! I have oily skin with some dry patches, and this works great on both. Put it over a primer, set it with a powder- you're good for eight or ten hours. Bit of a weird texture initially, but once you blend it out it's fine. Feels very comfortable and light on the skin, but great coverage. Highly recommend.

on 6/27/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this in the shade cocoa, and I love it. It was my first ever foundation when I started wearing make-up aged 16 and I've loved it ever since (on and off).

However, I do mix this with my Palmers SPF 15 moisturiser because it can come across a little ashy at times, so the added moisture really helps!

Love this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera