August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by IrisTree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best thing that ever happened to my skin. My skin's been always frustratingly oily and cloggy and I got all kinds of zits a lot, even at the age where skin usually gets clearer. Nothing from the cosmetics department ever made it even slightly better, but luckily I discovered other ways.

I now use a simple olive oil soap bar to clean my face, apple cider vinegar (diluted 50/50) as a toner and jojoba or grapeseed oil for moisture. Twice a week I make a clay mask (with ACV as well). Just a few months after doing this EVERY DAY, no slipping, my skin just cleared out. And no breakouts or purging either. ACV seems to be the most important part of that routine, it prevents bacteria growing while not drying the skin. I've also read that it keeps pores open, which is great as clogging is a big problem to me. It has tons of other benefits, they can be read anywhere online. My skin looks really good now that old scars are fading, and I still can hardly believe it.

It's also the best single zit killer ever! I don't get them much anymore, but I did earlier and this is how I made a new zit disappear: I put one small drop of undiluted ACV straight on the zit, so that it stung a little, and let it be. Almost every time the zit was gone by the next morning, even the big ones.

And for Pete's sake, if you have never used ACV on your face before TEST IT FIRST on a small patch of skin. There are always people who are allergic or otherwise sensitive to this stuff, just like anything else it can give a bad reaction. So don't just slather it on your face just because someone said it's good, you have to be careful with anything you put on your skin. And always remember to use moisturizer with it, even with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a load of bullsh*t this product is. If I could give this a zero rating I would.

If an effort to try and find some relief from my acne I hopped on the ACV bandwagon along with everyone else on here who is also trying to clear their acne. I thought 'well, it's all natural, what harm could come from using it'? Well a lot actually!

I used a tiny amount and diluted it a lot more than most people did on here and then thought I'd gradually add more and more ACV to the mix as I used it more frequently. Well, that did not fly over too well with my skin. My skin was literally PISSED with me for putting this crap on my face. I did this at night so I could gauge if my skin would react negatively to this or not. I swiped this on using a Swissper round cotton puff, the solution was really diluted: 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar.
The first time I used this, after I was done I walked to my room and bent down, all of a sudden I felt this warming sensation on my face, thought nothing of it. I sat down on the couch next to my bf and he looked at me worried and said my face was extremely red. I went to look in the mirror and I was beet red, I looked like I had a sunburn. I felt my face and my skin was hot to the touch. I thought well, my skin will take some time to get used to this. Ha, no, my skin did not get used to this at all.
My skin is pissed at me and because of that it has retaliated against me for torturing it with this solution. The torturing part? An overproduction of oil. Not just a little bit either, I mean my forehead which is minimally oily is now an oil factory. This ACV solution made my skin extremely oily within 10 mins of apply this to my face. My face was so oily from this that I did not need a moisturizer and this made my makeup turn into a pool of greasy nastiness.
I tried every kind of way to make this work, watering the ACV down with more water, adding more vinegar, using straight vinegar (DO NOT USE IT UNDILUTED!!). After 3 weeks I stopped.
It's been about a month, maybe longer since I stopped using ACV and my face is STILL making an overproduction of oil. I have no idea what to do. It's mostly my forehead that has turned into a greasy mess but other parts of my face have been affected as well.
I did some research on ACV and found mixed reviews on it. Some people had really bad breakouts from this and other people had commented that it was your skin purging itself. Sorry, but the way I feel is that a product should not break you out, it should help heal and clear your breakouts, not make them worse.
The most interesting thing I read on reviews and blogs were that many of the people who were of Indian descent (not to be confused with Native American) had stated that they had the worst breakouts of their life and they drudged on, hoping it would work, eventually they gave up and their skin went back to its normal state.
Overall I would not recommend this treatment for acne. You never know if what I experienced will be your own experience or worse, have the worse breakout of your life that continues to get worse until you've stopped.
I'm just so mad at myself for believing the hype there is surrounding this, thinking it's all natural what harm could happen from it? Well, the oil balance in my skin is out of whack and I have no idea how to fix it thanks to this ACV. I'm now permanently an oil slick mess and no amount of washing my face has been able to control the oil. The oil has made me being able to wear makeup hell, no amount of powdering has been able to control the oil slick and shine I have on my face.
DO NOT USE THIS!!
Oh, and I noticed no new breakouts while using this but my breakouts did not fade away and heal either.
I'm now using bleach (yep, the blue and white bottle you get from the laundry aisle at the store) to help my acne and it is helping, especially with the red hyperpigmentation marks I had on my neck from breakouts (yes, HAD on my neck, they have all faded thanks to me using bleach). I pour about 1/4 cup into bath water and soak in it and also I've been washing up with Cetaphil antibacterial cleansing bar and that has helped my acne as well (please be aware soaking in this bleach solution is very drying to other areas of the skin but so beneficial to acne). When I get too lazy I make a bleach/water solution and use it as a toner and it helps (do not rinse). If I skip using the bleach bath/bleach toner I start breaking out. Yes I know using bleach is crazy...or is it? Considering all the reviews I've read on bleach being used to help treat eczema I figured why not see if it will help my acne? It does help! I'm still an oily mess from the ACV though and I'm not sure if I can ever repair the damage this has done when it comes to the overproduction of oil my skin makes :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep diluted apple cider vinegar (1:1) in a small bottle in my shower, and use it once or twice a month as a hair rinse in lieu of my normal conditioner. It clarifies my hair and makes it feel much lighter. ACV can be pretty harsh, so be careful not to overuse, particularly if you have thin, fragile hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by RieRie29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Apple Cider Vinegar!! I use it in the summer diluted with water as a toner, it minimizes the number of breakouts I get. I also have tried it as a spot treatment, it works just as well as honey and cinnamon or tea tree oil! This stuff also works great for my hair. About once a month, I mix 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup water, and pour it over my damp hair, rinse, then shampoo and condition as normal. It works well to get rid of build up and make your hair shine. But be sure to rinse it out really well! The first time I used it I didn't rinse it out enough and it left my hair smelling awful! Get your hands on this stuff it works miracles!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I have struggled with acne for years. I noticed a link to my hair touching my face and acne. I stopped using conditioner altogether and switched to a rosemary lavender hair rinse recipe that I found online: 4 cups water, 8 drops of each rosemary & lavender, 1t borax (yep!) and 3T of acv. I've been using this for 2 months and it makes my hair so soft! I don't even miss conditioner! I still use Aveda scalp benefits shampoo tho. I also made a 1:4 ratio of acv to use as a toner, and it has cleared my acne and healed my acne scars. I am amazed at how beautiful my skin and hair look! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Made existing acne 10x worse
I was having a little flare up- nothing unmanageable and I decided, since I'd been going the natural route, to try ACV as a toner (up until then i'd been using witch hazel- which I found drying).

I did my research. I read so many good things about ACV helping with skin tone and acne reduction. I diluted it with water 50/50 and put the mix in a spray bottle. After four nights of spritzing my face with ACV, my acne got increasingly worse. My face was bright red and full of painful cystic acne - not what i would call a purge.

I'm guessing it was too acidic for my skin. I've been LIGHTLY washing my face with pure glycerine soap once a day -- which is more alkaline-- for the last five days- and everything is calming down!

take what you will from that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a complete believer in this simple, inexpensive product. It is everything our elders have been telling us for years that it is. A multi-purpose wonder. I was dealing with a skin condition/rash on one of my lower legs that's lasted for several years. I'd been to numerous dermatologists, took numerous oral medications, applied numerous topical preparations (prescription and otherwise). I was diagnosed with different types of both psoriasis and eczema. Nothing worked for me. I took a chance one day a couple of months ago and started applying straight apple cider vinegar to the area with a cotton ball. My leg is now completely smooth and normal, with the exception of a few hyperpigmented spots I got over the years from the condition. Those will lighten and go away on their own. When all else fails, or if you just want to avoid drugs for your skin woes, give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by janderson8989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes...using ACV as a toner gave me a huge cyst right in the middle of my cheek. It's been weeks, and the red spot is still there :(

ACV does wonders for my digestion though...I drink a tsp with a glass of water every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by spiritara

Let me start off by saying that I have god-awful skin. I haven't met a person who has skin fairer than mine. I'm also extremely acne-prone. My skin has a tendency to flake/peel. My skin is ridiculously sensitive. And I have hormonal acne, which can range from little whiteheads to cystic pimples. Along with that, I have seborrheic dermatitis all over my nose.

Seborrheic dermatitis is very annoying and unattractive. For me, it consists of a vicious cycle of scaling, flaking, and then slowly all peeling off. It's impossible to cover with makeup for more than a few hours, whether it be with concealer, foundation, or anything else. Sometimes the peeling is so extreme that raw spots will be left on my nose. I've called into work because it gets so bad. It's obvious, and it's ugly. :(

Then I found this stuff. I read about its uses for acne. I started using it, 2 parts water and one part ACV, as a toner at night. The smell is gross but it's bearable because this stuff is a miracle worker. I've been using it for three weeks now.

My acne has started to calm down. My skin isn't nearly as red and nasty looking when I do have pimples. My nose... oh my god, it hasn't looked this good in a long time! My seborrheic dermatitis is still here, yes, but it's not nearly as bad. The ACV works wonders... I'm not sure how, but it does. I still have the whole scaling/peeling/flaking, but it's not nearly as bad or noticable. I've gone without makeup a couple of times. I haven't done that in years!

I'm going to start adding ACV into my diet as well. I will update after a few weeks:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by BrittyBratty0

I've only been using it for a couple days but it seems to be a miracle. i drink 3 tablespoons a day undiluted and i use it at night as a toner diluted 50/50 with water. the smell is bad but not unbearable. I have cystic acne and clogged pores and it seems to be clearing everything up but like i said it's only been a couple days. I'll update after a week or two