December 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by clare26

Apple cider vinegar is great! I have used it on my skin before both diluted and undiluted. If you are going to use it on your skin, I'd recommend diluted as it made my face quite red and irritated using it undiluted! I thought it worked as well as any other toner I've used, and plus it's all natural! I don't use it on my skin any more because I don't see toner as necessary for my skin, but after reading these rave reviews, I'm tempted to give it another try.
I now only drink it, and I love it! Most people are put off by the smell and taste, but I have no issues with either! I think it just smells slightly of vinegar. Granted I wouldn't want to use it as a perfume or anything, but I don't find it THAT bad haha. I also kinda like the taste. I expected it to be much worse. Since I've been drinking it most mornings, I've started to enjoy it even more. It's almost refreshing to me! My whole family thinks I'm nuts and all say it stinks like dirty feet and tastes about the same, so I guess I'm in the minority haha. Perhaps my body craves it because it's alkalizing? I will continue drinking it because I like it and it's meant to be very good for you. I also think it helps keep breakouts at bay (not entirely, but skin looks clearer). World of caution though, drink it though a straw! It is highly acidic for your teeth! Wash your mouth out with water after you drink it too if you can, but never brush your teeth or you may cause the enamel to wear away. I've heard some people shot it undiluted. I would NOT recommend this. I have tried having just a teaspoon straight and boy did it BURN! I drink about 1-2 tablespoons in a cup of warm water usually. It's good stuff :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

This stuff has THE WORSE SMELL ever. I can't stand it -it gives me headaches. For that reason, I can't use it as a toner and even when I tried my face seemed pretty dull (which is not usual ever since I started OCM). I do however have two great uses for ACV and that's why I'll continue to repurchase.

1) It's a great spot treatment for blemishes, even cystic acne. I dip a qtip in some ACV and use it to spot treat blemishes for about 2-3 minutes a night. I don't feel anything at first, but on the 2nd or 3rd day I'll feel it sting (don't leave it on too long or it will frost then burn your skin!). That's when I know that the blemish will be all but gone the next morning.

2) I use ACV with the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay for a very powerful mask. My skin was very clear when I had the time to use this mask 2-3x a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by neontom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dilute this (1/3 Vinegar) with distilled or boiled water, put some drops of Essential Oils if you like to, or mix Aloe Vera, Glycerin in it. Play with it as you like, or just mix it in your usual toner. It's definitely the best Toner on earth for oily/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by deeardia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I diluted 1 part ACV to 2 parts water and use it twice a day; morning and before night sleep. First, I was skeptical, I've tried so many products to get rid of my acney-proney (hahah is it even a word?) face but it didn't get any better. I was so hopeless and finally tried to get used to it until one day I read about this natural recipe somewhere on the net. I read so many positive reviews so I decided to give it a try. Then I started hunting down the main ingredient (I use Bragg ACV) which is so damn difficult to find in my country. But thanks God I found it although it's quite pricey.

I've been using this toner for just two days, yes, TWO DAYS, yet my skin shows so much improvement. It heals my here-and-there pimples, they're calmer now; my acne scars that have been there on my face for oh-so-long are also fading. It's more than I expected.

For now I'll just give it 4 stars and I'll give an update a month from now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner! As far as effects of regular internal consumption, I've yet to properly experiment and will begin to do so after 2 to 4 weeks of ingestion. I also love this product as a salad dressing and generalized multi-use product.

With that said, there's no way I will put this on my facial skin again. I have sensitive skin that's unfortunately weathered a multitude of AHAs and BHAs. I've also utilized Retin-A with limited side effects. Unfortunately, despite my tolerance, after using this on my skin for 2 days I experienced a global breakout (under-skin pimples, not whiteheads) and woke up to red and uneven (resembled effects of contact dermatitis) skin. I was surprised as I'd never had a reaction like this before. (To note, after accidentally spilling some and it seeping into a small cut on my finger, I was blinded by momentary pain. That CANNOT be a good sign for a product that I put on my facial skin.)

I mixed this 1:2 with distilled water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use both Bragg's and Eden Organics.

The list of things to do with ACV is nearly endless.

I mix a couple of tablespoons with a quart of water first thing in the morning, and I'm hydrated and alkalized.

Beauty tip number one. Hydration and alkalazation = glow and clarity, or a good start. If you can handle it, throw some MSM powder in with it, and watch your nails and hair grow like weeds. Be forewarned, ACV & MSM powder is NOT a mix for the fainthearted.

It's pretty nasty, but you can get used to it with practice.

ACV has become my new toner of choice. Beauty tip number two. Leaves my skin clear and glowing and lightened, with time. Full of natural lactic acid, probably not for those with extremely sensitive skin, which isn't me.

I keep a jar of H20 & ACV mixed in the fridge, and use it for the most amazing, simple toner imaginable. I have some Arconia pads here that are going unused, because I prefer the ACV.

How's that? Make sure to start with a low water - vinegar ratio and work up as your skin can tolerate it.

If you love the lightening effects, throw some in the tub after a good vigorous body brush, and, overtime, see renewed clarity and softness and clearness to your skin. Lightens darkness, and restores skin to it's more natural state.

Again, not for those with sensitive skin or if "other areas" are easily irritated; and experiment working up to the amount you can tolerate.

Organic ACV is inexpensive, a beauty workhorse, and a quick google can give you all kinds of ideas for incorporating into your beauty regimen, internally and externally.

This review written by someone who's been buying products almost all of her life, and is willing to spend good money for vanity.

No need.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is going to be a long review. I'm 25 and have had the best skin ever....until about a year ago. Then 6 months ago my skin went absolutely CRAZY. Cystic acne everywhere, I'm also darker skinned so each new cyst meant a new scar. It was absolute agony. I went from using no foundation on a regular day (tinted mostriuzer for nights out, dates etc.) to having disgusting skin that required layers of medium coverage foundation. Not to mention then using a concealer then a powder. It was pure agony, I woke up everyday absolutely miserable. I never wanted to go to work, or out with friends anymore. I struggled to make eye contact with people because I had a feeling they were staring at my massive red lumps that no makeup in the world could hide. I went and saw my derm right away and she gave me Retin-A. I really struggled with back acne when I was younger and had used retin a before to help control it and fade scaring, it worked wonders. So I tried RetinA and it went great for about 6 weeks until my acne got even more angry and came back 2x worse. Back to the derm I went. This time tactuo and tazorac prescription creams, again used both creams one in the morning (tactuo - benzoyl peroxide) and then tazorac at night. My face turned into a disgusting peeling diaster. I was at a wedding and I remember going to the bathroom and there were sheets of my skin literally hanging off my face. It was DISGUSTING. My derm said there was an adjusting period so I stuck it out. But it never seemed to do anything. The tactuo was making my skin so rough and dull and the tazorac made my face look as greasy as a slice of pizza. I was so frustrated and ready to go on accutane until I read the terrifying side effects. I live in one of the driest cities in Canada. To have to deal with cracking lips, dry eyes when those are already things that come with the climate...no thanks! So here I am 16 weeks on this terrible creams that aren't working, and I'm ready to just give up all hope. I ended up searching the Internet and somehow came across a beauty bloggers video on how ACV cured all her acne problems. I watched her video, and not even 5 minutes after I was in my car driving to the nearest natural foods store. I was desperate. I first started with a 1:1 water to ACV ratio for my face toner. Hands down, worst idea ever. My face burned so much, I was crying. I diluted it down to 3:1 water to ACV and it's perfect. I still feel the tingly feeling after wiping my face. I also started ingesting it in the morning and the evenings. 2 tablespoons with about 400 ml of water. It didn't cure my problems overnight. While it got rid of the dullness of my skin, I purged like CRAZY. It only last about a week, but holy cow. I was getting large large painful cysts everywhere. Except they were a bit different this time, Id wake up in the morning with a cyst, and then by midafternoon they had turned yellow and I could pop them (terrible, I know.) By the next morning they were completely gone. This happened with about 40 spots over the span of 1 week. Needless to say, I only went to school about 2/5 days, and didn't leave my house otherwise. By the second week of my ACV regime, it was a drastic improvement. I honestly couldn't believe it. My skin was bright, the weird little white bumps were gone, and my scars were slowly fading. The purging stage was done! My shiny skin from a year ago was slowly coming back!

The second benefit was that the ACV was also amazing for my digestion. Ive had a lot of troubles with bloating, gas and overall bowel health recently. But the ACV solved them all! All this time my family doctor told me it was a dairy sensitivity, then a wheat sensitivity.

Where after doing a bit of research on my own it seems it was just low stomach acid. I've been following a strict no dairy, no wheat, no caffeine diet both for my skin and digestion this past year, and I feel like it was essentially for nothing!

I'm not big on "miracle" cures. But it's crazy to think after a year of strong creams and diets to help heal my skin. A $8 bottle of vinegar could solve it all. I seriously urge everyone to at least give this a try. Give it two weeks to work it's magic. I know people also say it tastes bad, it smells bad. It's honestly not that bad, if you are able to take a shot of vodka...you can drink this. It just tastes like a funky lemonade. But the benefits are soo worth it! While my skin might not be completely healed and ready to go au natural. It's still made a HUGE difference in two weeks. They say a lot of acne and hair loss issues come down to gut health. And I completely belive it. If you are taking care of your skin on the outside, but yet you still have acne. It's clearly an issue on the inside. Do some Google searches on low stomach acid, and see if you have some of the other side effects, besides digestion issues and acne.

So just in case my daily "routine" is as follows:

AM
Drink ACV + Water
I brush my teeth after, I heard the vinegar can erode the enamel on your teeth, so don't take pure ACV shots! Always dilute with water!

Wash my face with Cetaphil + Clarisonic
ACV Toner
100% Natural Tea Tree Oil all over my face I find this prevents breakouts and really helps to fade my scaring
Cetaphil Mostrizuer w/ SPF 30. The ACV makes your skin super sensitive to sun. So a good sunscreen is a must!
1000 IUDs of Vitamin A (just in pill form)
10000 IUDs of Vitamin D (drops that you put on a spoon and eat)

PM
Drink ACV + Water
Wash with Clearsil + Clarisonic
ACV Toner
Tea Tree Oil
Cetaphil Mostrizuer

Acne was really taking over my life. But ACV somehow changed my life. I know it's not for everyone. But you should honestly give it a try. 2 weeks is all you need!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by saranavhai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you can get past the smell (it dissipates after a while), it is the most effective pore minimizer. I've been trying different products to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores on my cheeks, but none has been this effective. I started using it neat in the beginning, but after reading reviews here decided to dilute it 1:1 with distilled water, it's still very effective. It didn't irritate my super-sensitive rosacea skin even when applied neat, I'm diluting it purely because I don't want to take any chances. I also dab a bit of a high-altitude French lavender oil neat on my red spots (acne, rosacea), it stings a bit, but the redness subsides within minutes. I would recommend lavender oil to everyone who has rosacea, it seems to have cured my condition. Now, back to the ACV, I buy a Bio version from a local shop, not Braggs, and I can't tell whether it has the "mother", but it is mirky dark amber color and it works better than the supermarket ones, which have stronger smell and lighter color. I've also started drinking 2 tbs mixed with water once a day (whenever I remember), hope it will boost the effectiveness for clearing out my skin. So far, after 2 weeks, I can say that my pores look minimal (barely visible) and I hope it will last.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Jif1157

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted for this to work so badly, but unfortunately not. I diluted it half and half with water and the first time putting it on my face felt a nice tingly sensation and the next morning my skin did look better! However after using it for a week, the tingly feeling went away and it didn't really seem like it was doing anything and I got a big patch of pesky pimples on my forehead that I had just gotten rid of after more than a year and a half. My skin was just starting to look better after using honey but I just can't get these pimples to go away!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by CatVid

IT WORKS!

What a catchy phrase to start my review but this is just how I feel about Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for spots/pimples.

As ACV is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal in can help with blemishes and thighten pores. It can also help with dandruff BTW.

BUT heed the 2 Commandments of DIY skincare:

1) Always use organic products!
Those products donīt have sweetners, colorants, preservatives etc. that may irritate your skin in them.
Organic products are also the most potent: You can be sure that they contain the beneficial ingredient you want. For example organic yoghurt has a a lot of lactic acid in it, whereas you cannot be sure if the standard, mass market product is even yoghurt -if you catch my drift.

2) As pure products are mostly very potent always skin patch test them or use them diluted!

I use my apple cidre vinegar in a ratio 1:1 diluted with mineral water. You can store a 0,5 water bottle with the mixture without problems in the fridge.
I apply it in the morning and evening with a cotton pad on areas that are blemish prone and it cleared my skin up in about 1 week.

It really did miracles for me and those spots are not only gone but my skin feels more healthy and glowing and I recommend it to those who like thightening and clearing toners.