September 30, 2014 | 1770 users online

Bronzers - Nuxe - Teint Prodigieux

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchaed this in "dark". I was initially worried since it only comes in two colors but it looked great. I applied to one side of my face and couldn't tell a difference. Then I stepped back and compared to the other side ... wow - evened out my skintone without looking like makeup.

Initially I read the review for the same product listed under 'foundation'. I'm surprised about the "glitter" comments. Mine isn't shiny or glittery or dry at all. 3 dots on my cheek did the entire side too.

The price seemed reasonable to me. About $25 for 1 oz. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is $40 for 1.5 oz.

My only negatives - the plastic tube will mean I won't be able to use this to the last drop. Or maybe I can, if I squeeze the hell out of it. And it would be nice to see more colors.
I will definitely repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Tigerbear

Will definitely buy this again!
Like other have commented, this does not provide much moisurisation, so if you have dryish skin like me, it works best if you apply your usual moisturiser before this. Gives a great colour, if you take care to blend it in well. I use this instead of foundation and concealer, as it seems to even out any red patches or marks. A little expensive, but lasts for quite a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ellebasi

I really really really like it! It tingles a bit when putting on, lasts all day and gives my pale skin a beautiful, healthy, natural looking transparant tan. Also very important: it doesn't clog my pores. The best bronzer I ever used!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 8:13:00 PM More reviews by dcast79

Love this tinted moisturizer. Until now, I could not wear any tinted moisturizers, especialy in the summer, because my skin is somewhat oily and most tinted moisturizers slide right off my face. This is the only product that stays put and actually seems to help control the oil situation. The shade is not very fair, but a golden shimmer. It smoothes right over the face and a little bit goes a long way. Since it does contain shimmer, you have to be very careful about how much you apply. It gives my face a gorgous tan glow. It costs about $28 per tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 8:40:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now my HG tinted moisturizer! I am really pleased and I think I'll buy another tube before the end of the summer (I think this comes out only in summer).

I bought this in 01 Fair and it is a perfect match. Usually I am too fair skinned for most tinted moisturizers, but since I am slightly tanned right now, this shade suits me perfectly. I'm pretty sure it will be too dark for the winter months though.

The consistency is light, it's a gel that melts onto the skin and provides a refreshing, tingling sensation. Not sticky at all, and quickly absorbed by the skin. This is the must-have product for very hot days - I've used this in Venise where the weather is incredibly hot and it did not become greasy and stayed on all day. I have combo skin and when I don't need that much moisture, I use this alone. When my skin is drier, I use it above my regular moisturizer and again, the staying power is excellent.

It gives to my skin a nice subtle glow and it has a ''bronzing'' effect. It contains some tiny glitters (but IMO nothing too excessive). It even makes the redness and scars less noticeable - I just dab some concealer and voilą! Moreover, I got positive comments about my skin when I wear this tinted gel.

My only complaint - I have to blend it a lot onto my skin to ensure it has been evenly applied because otherwise, it makes some tiny orangey dry spots. And it's pretty expensive considering the amount you get in the tube. But considering the excellent results I got, I will purchase this again!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2005 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Lspet5

I really like all the Nuxe products and especially the teint prodigieux and the bronzer. I've tried Chanel, Bobbi Brown, and Clinique and I prefer Nuxe to the others. I use this primarily in the spring and early summer and then use only the bronzer because my skin doesn't need this during the hot summer months. I was sent a sample of this at first so it was good to try before buying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 10:26:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this was terrible. It was very drying, even on my normal skin. It comes in 2 shades, I went for the lightest shade, and it was a weird golden colour, which was not at all natural. I had to wash my face immediately to get it off! Yuck!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not like it at all. The lightest shade 01 was way too yellow and golden_ even on my tanned summer skin. It was not possible to use it as a foundation or tinted moisturizer. Also I hated the obvious golden shimmer in this product. Even Dr Hauschas tinted moisturizer suited me better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by silverpony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product in the summer instead of wearing make up. Put this on with a little bit of concealer and you are good to go! Now that the weather has gotten colder, I like to mix it with a little foundation. It gives a good glow without being sticky. I don't find it to be hydrating at all, but then again i have dry skn. I bought 1 (for fair skin), and although I have a light-Asian skin, it worked pretty well for me. Will buy another tube next summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2004 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Laurencerivet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great summer product for fair skin (I bought it in 01 fair skin). The box says that it is a tinted moisture gel for a "no makeup" look with black tea and lotus flowers. It actually just gives that lovely natural-looking healty glow and has a great scent (just like Huile Prodigieuse). You can use it by itself (after your day cream if you have dry skin) or under your bronzer (powder) to "warm up" your skin. The color is a subtle gold, with a little bit of shimmer. Works really well!