August 22, 2014 | 1741 users online

Sunscreen - Beauticontrol - Cell Block-C SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this moisturizing sunscreen with SPF based on the reviews from Paula Begoun as it contains so may great ingredients for the skin. Sadly this just didn't work for me as it pills like crazy during make-up application. I tried pairing it with different primers and foundations, but ended up with the same nasty results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by cottonblossoms

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 2 years. This is the only face sunscreen that I've used that didn't feel oily/greasy, didn't run, and didn't interfere with my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by asis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It irritates my skin, and balls up like crazy. I`m not sure about the protection, but for the price, I expected something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by blingblingbaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product but then again there isn't alot of BeautiControl products that I don't like. I have used this for several years now and have never had any breakouts or problems with it and I have very sensitive, reactive skin. A little goes a very long way with this product and it leaves my skin very feeling wonderfully soft......have to say this is my forever SPF. I have even used this on my 3 year old because of how gentle it is. It also makes my foundation go on very smooth and easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lynz_83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is perfect for me. I have oily skin that tends to break out when I use any product with SPF, or any moisturizer really. I have struggled my whole life to find a moisturizer that won't break me out, and I've finally found it! and as a bonus this one protects me from the sun as well! The smell is different, not really unpleasant, just different. It almost reminds me of licorice or something, I can't quite put my finger on it. The smell disappears after a while so it's not really an issue anyway.

It's a bit pricey for the size of the tube, but I find I don't have to use that much to get good coverage so it lasts me quite a while. It spreads very nicely on my skin, and absorbs quickly. I wish it came in a pump type bottle, that would make it absolute perfection for me! Also, I've noticed that the texture and clarity of my skin has improved since using this product. I can't wait to start using the PM Cell Block C!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by discworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a HG, but a good moisturizer/sunscreen. There aren't a whole lot of good moisturizers with a really good sunscreen out there and this has spf 20, so it's always nice to find another one. My skin feels soft all day. My only real complaint is the tube/pump dispenser. I've only been using it about weeks and some mornings I can't get anything out! I know it's not empty, it's just not really designed well. I appreciate not exposing the C to sunlight and not having to stick my fingers in a jar, but I just think the dispenser could be better designed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by kgobin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this product a few times and have some mixed emotions about it. Mostly because I originally thought is was a moisturizer.

The first thing I noticed was the smell. I thought it smelled like play doh, or some other kind of childs goopy substance. It totally put me off.

Then when I applied it, it did something strange to my skin. While rubbing it in, many small patches of skin started to rub off. I ended up with tiny gray rolled up pieces of skin all over my hands and shirt. This happens every time. Even if I exfoliate first.But when I finally got all of the gray stuff off, my skin felt like velvet. Which is rare for my pale, slightly sensitive, and dry skin. I don't even need an extra moisturizer. My skin feels so nice!

I'll continue to use this tube but I don't think I'll buy it when I run out. Purely because of cost. If I can find it for a reasonable price I'll definitely get more of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kathleph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On my 3rd tube-I hate the new packaging that the last 2 tubes are in. It's a pump and you have to pump a bunch of times to get the product out and it's just a pain. I like the product-it broke me out a little when I first started using it, but that went away after about a month. I use it everyday as my moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is a sunscreen rec'd by Paula Begoun as one good for rosacea but this makes my face burn and tingle everytime I use it. I'm given it several goes but I am going to have to put this in my discard pile.

Ingredients look innocuous but as I said my skin is freaky.Still looking for a daily SPF with physical sunblocks that my skin can live with.

I may have to become a recluse or vampire and only come out at night. Please page me if you know of one to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by poodlelova14

I love it! Usually sunscreens break me out, but this one hasn't. It's highly concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way. When I first felt it I thought it might make skin stick or shiny, I was really suprised. And it's a reasonable price. So if you're looking for a good sunscreen, go for this! It's pretty awesome!