November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Whipped Gloss - Candied Cider

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this lipgloss, so of course they discontinue it. Anyway for a PPP skinned dark haired girl this is so pretty. It is very close to rimmel Snog , but a little less pinky. Where the name came from is beyond me cause it don't look the color of cider at all, instead its a mlbb shade that is at hg status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 7:06:00 AM More reviews by pixiegal

I LOVE this colour!!! If I just look on the outside, this isn't a lip gloss I would normally pick. On your lips however is a beautiful MLBB sheen. So natural and pretty. The shimmer is very slight but that's fine imo cuz this makes it my everyday staple gloss. I have 4 colours: Candied Cider, Nude Reflection, Pink Cloud and Pinched Pink. This is my fave!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 8:04:00 AM More reviews by JeLoveDior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great YLBB color with fushia and some sparkles on my pigmented lips, GGG NC40-42 asian skintone. Not a fan of the minty scent, dosent really last, but moisturizes my lips. The tube is big, so probably wont buy again, but it is good to have around.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2005 12:58:00 AM More reviews by melbaby821

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like this gloss, and I rarely enjoy any of Almay's products. The color is fantastic on me, although I will admit to layering it over regular lipstick. I love the brush. I'll take off a lippie only for the fact that it only lasts about an hour on me before I need to reapply. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by xxbluecrushxx

I LOVE this gloss, it feels smooth and slick. As for the color, I thought it'd be more brown but whatever, I found out it looked amazing over my max factor colour perfection lipstick in #160 Posey. I especially like the brush applicator cause it picks up a lot of product which is a need for me because I have pretty full lips and I usually have to dip the wand a couple of times to get the gloss I need and with this brush, I don't have to do it as much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised to see this color had a lower rating. This is a medium pink with a hint of mauve. It does have shimmer. The color looks natural on me. I love the peppermint smell! I find these glosses to be smooth yet last a long time on me. I don't mush my mouth together much so that might be why. I also have shining bare and love it. I can't wait to get of these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A warmed medium pink, this gloss is hardly unique. The texture is nice and non-sticky, and can be creamy or goopy, depending on how much you apply. It's a nice every day color, but really, I've got a half dozen just like it. And I don't especially enjoy the odd medicinal scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2004 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Paulahart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The gloss itself is fairly thin and not sticky, which means that it has little staying power. The minty smell & taste is pleasant. The brush takes a little getting used to if you are more familiar with sponge-tip applicators.

The color is a lovely YLBB pink with a tiny bit of fine gold glitter. The glitter makes the gloss kind of gritty. Candied Cider is very similar to Rimmel's Snog and MAC's Lovechild, although Lovechild is more plummy and has more gold shimmer.

Although the color is very pretty, I wouldn't repurchase it because the staying power stinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by JenLim

I love this lipgloss to death!!! when i first bought it, i didnt like it too much but wen i used it a little more it was really gorgeous. the scent doesnt bother me and the color is a beautiful mauvey pink that gives luminous lips. its soo nicee and its very moisturizing and nonsticky so i feel less madeup than with normal glosses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shade looks like a pretty, neutral mauve/pink in the tube. But on my lips it goes on very sheer, feels gritty because of the glitter, and wears off in only a few minutes. Ugh, so typical of lip glosses, pretty in the tube, but terrible on the lips. I got this is a two pack along with nude reflection and even though the colours are so pretty, I won't buy it again.