December 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea body lotion for normal skin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion was thin and easy to apply. However, the smell - I really, really disliked and it made me very itchy also. The lotion doesn't absorb and leaves a residue. I needed to wash this off as it really irritated my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This is the worst lotion I've ever used.
My mother swears by Nivea, and Marilyn Monroe was said to have used it, so I decided to give it a go.
I'd like to start by saying I have NEVER experienced an allergic reaction in my life- not to animals/pollen/medications/etc. ANYTHING. And I've only taken Benadryl once. And that was after using this.
I tried this product about a year ago and after a few hours I noticed this horrible generalized rash. Redness and tiny bumps all over my body- and only where I had put the lotion! I immediately had a flashback to when I was about 10- I remembered using my mother's lotion one day thinking it was in such a pretty blue bottle and soon after my parents freaking out about my red rashy skin.
I know the cause is an ingredient in this lotion.
I don't know which ingredient it is I'm having a reaction to, but I'd pay to find out.
I can't really comment on the moisturizing properties of the lotion, but due to the bad reaction it's a moot point.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2007 8:00:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

I bought the one with the sea minerals. It did the job as my skin felt great but gosh, I couldn't stand the smell! I couldn't wait to finish the bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2006 6:41:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty standard body moisturiser that is free of petroleum-based products.

I use it before fake tanning, however it left me a bit sticky.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by annoyed187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh- I do NOT like Nivea....what is wrong with me? It seems like lots of people swear by it. I only use this when I am with my mom and I am out of my lotion. She has used it for like twenty years and loves it. I suppose the smell takes getting used to, but I hate it. It smells medicinal. Also, it is so thin it leaves me feeling dry... how ironic! I much prefer Cetaphil mainly because it is odor-free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Leaves my skin pretty soft but surely it's too thin for my liking, since I like max moisture. But yes, the fragrance is nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 4:48:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love Nivea. This body lotion is cheap, moisturises well and smells lovely. I swim every other day and this really helps lock in moisture into my skin. Every time I go and get waxed my waxer always comments on my smooth skin; she's shocked it's so supple and soft because chlorine is so harsh and all I use is this. I've repurchased countless times and am always happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2004 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Asano

I really really miss my Nivea body lotion. :/ It smelled so wonderful (it's hard to describe exactly, but it was so... so lovely and unique) and made my skin feel so soft. Ah... I really ought to buy another tub of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2004 9:37:00 AM More reviews by beautifulskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the way Nivea smells. It's a one-of-a-kind fragrance. Once when I was in college, some German foreign exchange students were staying in my & my roommate's apartment. I thought I smelled Nivea, so I asked the girl, "What scent are you wearing?" and she said Nivea. I guess Beiersdorf is a German company.
I can't say that Nivea is the best lotion out there, but the fragrance keeps me coming back to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2004 12:12:00 PM More reviews by pmakraki

It has a nice texture, so much better than the classic Nivea Cream in the blue jar, but unfortunately it doesn't smell like it.
It moisturizes well leaving the skin soft