October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by paynevets

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so far so good. lather easy. cleans well. this doesnt stink my eyes. only problem is it is very runny. Be sure to "catch" them when you pump

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a very good experience with the Alba Botanic Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme Face Mask, and thought I'd give this a shot as a cleanser too.

No matter how little I dispense, I feel like it leaves my skin stripped of all moisture. Probably not for daily use if you have dehydrated yet oily skin.

EDIT: It does a very good job of taking off all makeup. I used up the bottle by first rubbing oil into my skin to dislodge waterproof makeup, then washed my face with this. The effect was much better, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfordays

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Had good reviews, when i searched it up online. so i went and bought it at target. i have oily skin and sensitive. i think its pretty expensive, and i feel like the cleasner dries out my skin, and the toner makes my face look greasy/shinier. at first it did cause me to get bumbs, but i think its cause i had to get used to it. after using it for a week my face seemed to react pretty good to my skin. i usually get a couple of pimples and i noticed i didnt get any breakouts on my skin. it's an ok product but i think ima keep looking for a better cleanser and toner thats cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Pore Purifying Pineapple Enzyme. This is my favorite facial cleanser. I have oily acneic skin. This lightweight gel is a vegan product as it contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals. It is a natural product that cleanses my skin effectively and gently and does not leave it dry or taut. It also smells good and the light natural fruity-botanical scent it has fades quickly. The gel could be a little less light and I think the packaging could be a little better, that is not in a pump, as it is inconvenient to travel with and the pump sometimes gets clogged at the exit with dried out product. Also the bottle could be clear to see how much product is left. I must say that I like that the bottle is made from 100% recycled material however. The product is a good value at a good price as it lasts for months with everyday use. I highly recommend this cleanser. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lovetoglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I had to think about this review for a bit because I wanted to rate it 2 stars at first. The reason I went with 3 stars is because this cleanser does clean your skin nicely. However, with me personally, I found that I have to re-wash my face with it about 3 times. With that being said, it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, even after using a bit more to make sure my face is cleansed. (which is another reason I bumped this up to 3).

It's not harsh, not really irritating, and does the job you want it to. I just like a cleanser that lathers a little more, and rids my face of make-up within 1 or 2 washes.

I really like the smell of this cleanser, and I do like what Alba is all about. It is a more affordable all natural option available in drugstores.

When I first tried this product, I was hoping it would make my skin look fresh and bright after cleansing. This did not do that for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and was hoping that this cleanser could help kick-start my skin in the morning. Unfortunately, it hasn't done that for me.

It HAS cleansed my skin nicely and not made me break out. So, this is worth 3 stars in my book.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mmmmkkkaay

Bought this product after reading a lot of reviews about its benefits. With my acne prone oily face, it sounded like the perfect product. I like it after three uses and then I started breaking out on my chin, forehead, jawline and cheeks. I usually don't break out on my forehead and chin but after using this product, it just flared up. I was devastated and is hunting for another cleanser.

I hope I find an affordable cleanser that works. I really don't want to break the bank and go under proactiv again. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jomuir

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this a few times now. It's a great cleanser for my oily skin. I recently changed my foundation to IT cosmetics & my old cleanser wasn't getting it off so I switched to this, it removes it easily & completely. I try not to get it in my eyes since so many other reviewers have had eye irritation from getting a tiny bit in their eyes, haven't had that happen to me, thanks to those reviews. It doesn't dry me out, cleanses nicely, and smells great. Also has papaya which has exfoliating properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by brisc

Great cleanser! Every other cleanser was over-drying my sensitive acne-prone skin because of the ingredients but not this one. Plus I love how it smells and lathers my skin. If you want to go for something that won't harm your skin and cause more breakout, this will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is Fabulous if your acne prone and oily yes it can sting your eyes but why would you rub cleanser on your eyes or by your eyes if your eyes are open?! Haha anyways I really like this as my basic go to cleanser helps control oil without over drying or making your skin red and flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by SPAYnNEUTER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use acne.org which dries your face out (but works great) This is nice because its natural doesn't have anything harsh in the ingredients.