Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Pineapple Fruit Extract*, Papaya Fruit Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract*, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract*, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Chloride, Bromelain, Maltodextrin, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Alcohol*, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Parfum. *Certified Organic Ingredient. (Updated: 9/25/12)

on 4/13/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My acne didn't clear up until I started using this.

For a long time, I struggled with severe acne, and I thought the only solution was using drugstore, chemical laden cleansers marketed toward acne prone skin. It wasn't until I stopped using those cleansers that my face started clearing up! Ironic, I know.

This is my all time favorite cleanser- it has a pump, a nice fresh scent, it's more natural than other drugstore cleansers, and it leaves my skin feeling clean without stripping it of moisture. Nowhere on the bottle does it say that it will clear up acne, but it does an amazing job of both clearing and preventing blemishes.

This might not be completely "natural", but it's way less harsh than what I was using before, so I don't really care that much to be honest.

I know this might make me sound really cheap, but at $10, this is actually the most expensive face wash I've ever owned! And honestly, as much as I love it, I would be lying if I said it was easy to pay $10 every time I run out of this stuff. Come on, it's just not the most fun and glamorous thing to spend money on!

Regardless, this is the best facial cleaner I've used in a long time, so I will most likely continue repurchasing until the day I die, and even then, you'l have to pry an empty bottle of this out of my cold dead hands.

on 2/8/2015 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

No animal testing! Best cleanser I've found in years! $7.99 at TJ Maxx. Leaves my combo/acne prone skin feeling cleaner than almost any cleanser I've EVER used. Great at removing makeup. Smells natural and pineappley. Comes in pump bottle - 1/2 pump is plenty. After watching Lisa Eldridge's videos, I've been taking her advice and cleansing my face twice at night - once to remove makeup, then again to really cleanse. My skin has felt much cleaner since starting that process about 3 weeks ago. Usually in winter my skin starts getting really clogged up in about February, but this cleanser has cleaned it up! I cannot praise this cleanser highly enough!

on 7/24/2014 8:30:00 PM

so far so good. lather easy. cleans well. this doesnt stink my eyes. only problem is it is very runny. Be sure to "catch" them when you pump

on 6/19/2014 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had a very good experience with the Alba Botanic Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme Face Mask, and thought I'd give this a shot as a cleanser too.

No matter how little I dispense, I feel like it leaves my skin stripped of all moisture. Probably not for daily use if you have dehydrated yet oily skin.

EDIT: It does a very good job of taking off all makeup. I used up the bottle by first rubbing oil into my skin to dislodge waterproof makeup, then washed my face with this. The effect was much better, but I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Had good reviews, when i searched it up online. so i went and bought it at target. i have oily skin and sensitive. i think its pretty expensive, and i feel like the cleasner dries out my skin, and the toner makes my face look greasy/shinier. at first it did cause me to get bumbs, but i think its cause i had to get used to it. after using it for a week my face seemed to react pretty good to my skin. i usually get a couple of pimples and i noticed i didnt get any breakouts on my skin. it's an ok product but i think ima keep looking for a better cleanser and toner thats cheaper.

on 3/23/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This review is for Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Pore Purifying Pineapple Enzyme. This is my favorite facial cleanser. I have oily acneic skin. This lightweight gel is a vegan product as it contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals. It is a natural product that cleanses my skin effectively and gently and does not leave it dry or taut. It also smells good and the light natural fruity-botanical scent it has fades quickly. The gel could be a little less light and I think the packaging could be a little better, that is not in a pump, as it is inconvenient to travel with and the pump sometimes gets clogged at the exit with dried out product. Also the bottle could be clear to see how much product is left. I must say that I like that the bottle is made from 100% recycled material however. The product is a good value at a good price as it lasts for months with everyday use. I highly recommend this cleanser. I will repurchase.

on 2/5/2014 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I had to think about this review for a bit because I wanted to rate it 2 stars at first. The reason I went with 3 stars is because this cleanser does clean your skin nicely. However, with me personally, I found that I have to re-wash my face with it about 3 times. With that being said, it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, even after using a bit more to make sure my face is cleansed. (which is another reason I bumped this up to 3).

It's not harsh, not really irritating, and does the job you want it to. I just like a cleanser that lathers a little more, and rids my face of make-up within 1 or 2 washes.

I really like the smell of this cleanser, and I do like what Alba is all about. It is a more affordable all natural option available in drugstores.

When I first tried this product, I was hoping it would make my skin look fresh and bright after cleansing. This did not do that for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and was hoping that this cleanser could help kick-start my skin in the morning. Unfortunately, it hasn't done that for me.

It HAS cleansed my skin nicely and not made me break out. So, this is worth 3 stars in my book.

on 1/3/2014 1:14:00 AM

Bought this product after reading a lot of reviews about its benefits. With my acne prone oily face, it sounded like the perfect product. I like it after three uses and then I started breaking out on my chin, forehead, jawline and cheeks. I usually don't break out on my forehead and chin but after using this product, it just flared up. I was devastated and is hunting for another cleanser.

I hope I find an affordable cleanser that works. I really don't want to break the bank and go under proactiv again. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've repurchased this a few times now. It's a great cleanser for my oily skin. I recently changed my foundation to IT cosmetics & my old cleanser wasn't getting it off so I switched to this, it removes it easily & completely. I try not to get it in my eyes since so many other reviewers have had eye irritation from getting a tiny bit in their eyes, haven't had that happen to me, thanks to those reviews. It doesn't dry me out, cleanses nicely, and smells great. Also has papaya which has exfoliating properties.

on 12/9/2013 5:31:00 PM

Great cleanser! Every other cleanser was over-drying my sensitive acne-prone skin because of the ingredients but not this one. Plus I love how it smells and lathers my skin. If you want to go for something that won't harm your skin and cause more breakout, this will help.