April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Facial Cleanser Pore Purifying Pineapple Enzyme. This is my favorite facial cleanser. I have oily acneic skin. This lightweight gel is a vegan product as it contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals. It is a natural product that cleanses my skin effectively and gently and does not leave it dry or taut. It also smells good and the light natural fruity-botanical scent it has fades quickly. The gel could be a little less light and I think the packaging could be a little better, that is not in a pump, as it is inconvenient to travel with and the pump sometimes gets clogged at the exit with dried out product. Also the bottle could be clear to see how much product is left. I must say that I like that the bottle is made from 100% recycled material however. The product is a good value at a good price as it lasts for months with everyday use. I highly recommend this cleanser. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lovetoglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I had to think about this review for a bit because I wanted to rate it 2 stars at first. The reason I went with 3 stars is because this cleanser does clean your skin nicely. However, with me personally, I found that I have to re-wash my face with it about 3 times. With that being said, it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, even after using a bit more to make sure my face is cleansed. (which is another reason I bumped this up to 3).

It's not harsh, not really irritating, and does the job you want it to. I just like a cleanser that lathers a little more, and rids my face of make-up within 1 or 2 washes.

I really like the smell of this cleanser, and I do like what Alba is all about. It is a more affordable all natural option available in drugstores.

When I first tried this product, I was hoping it would make my skin look fresh and bright after cleansing. This did not do that for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and was hoping that this cleanser could help kick-start my skin in the morning. Unfortunately, it hasn't done that for me.

It HAS cleansed my skin nicely and not made me break out. So, this is worth 3 stars in my book.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mmmmkkkaay

Bought this product after reading a lot of reviews about its benefits. With my acne prone oily face, it sounded like the perfect product. I like it after three uses and then I started breaking out on my chin, forehead, jawline and cheeks. I usually don't break out on my forehead and chin but after using this product, it just flared up. I was devastated and is hunting for another cleanser.

I hope I find an affordable cleanser that works. I really don't want to break the bank and go under proactiv again. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jomuir

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this a few times now. It's a great cleanser for my oily skin. I recently changed my foundation to IT cosmetics & my old cleanser wasn't getting it off so I switched to this, it removes it easily & completely. I try not to get it in my eyes since so many other reviewers have had eye irritation from getting a tiny bit in their eyes, haven't had that happen to me, thanks to those reviews. It doesn't dry me out, cleanses nicely, and smells great. Also has papaya which has exfoliating properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by brisc

Great cleanser! Every other cleanser was over-drying my sensitive acne-prone skin because of the ingredients but not this one. Plus I love how it smells and lathers my skin. If you want to go for something that won't harm your skin and cause more breakout, this will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is Fabulous if your acne prone and oily yes it can sting your eyes but why would you rub cleanser on your eyes or by your eyes if your eyes are open?! Haha anyways I really like this as my basic go to cleanser helps control oil without over drying or making your skin red and flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by SPAYnNEUTER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use acne.org which dries your face out (but works great) This is nice because its natural doesn't have anything harsh in the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MissMegg83

I love this stuff. I have sensitive acne prone skin that super greasy in some spots and really dry in others. I've tried lots of other face washes of all prices and this is by far my favorite. It is gentle yet strong enough to really clean. I haven't had nearly as many break outs, my blackheads have decreased, and overall my skin is just brighter. After washing I like to let it sit for a minute before rinsing it off, it might just be me making things up, but I think it works even better this way. I even stopped using a scrub, and I replaced my foam cleanser that I used with my clarisonic with this also. It's been approximately four months since I started using this and have had zero negative side effects (they usually appear after a month, two the absolutely longest). I've recommended it to friends, its worked for most who tried it, one who has particularly oily skin didn't find that it cleansed enough for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made my whole face break out, and under my chin and on my neck, after 2 or 3 uses. I really wanted to love this since it smells good, foams up nicely and is a decent price but there's no way I can keep using it. Alba has some really good products but this one just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first this was working really well. Like the smell, natural ingredients, no breakouts (which usually happens when i try something new), and cleaned really well. Almost wrote a "glowing" review UNTIL one night I used as usual, and my face turned beet red and started burning. What is up with that!!!! Definitely hit the garbage can.