November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Mens - Philosophy - The Common Man

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Sabotaudrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing this for my husband who raves about this stuff.

I purchased it for him a few months ago for our anniversary. I think he's gone through three bottles since then, so he's averaging about one a month. He shaves every other day.

He says this is the best shaving product he's ever used - that it almost numbs his skin - it's thick and lightly-scented (a bit medicinal perhaps). He also says it almost completely prevents razor burn/bumps and really mimizes irritation. I'm consider trying it on my bikini line :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this shaving cream under my arms. You know how underarms are-- by Friday they're getting raw, so you go the weekend without shaving to give them a rest, and you get to live with the prickle. If your significant other lives with you, don't lift 'em up if you can help it. You can use this shaving cream anywhere you shave and experience irritation. It doesn't foam up like other shaving creams-- put a little dab on your fingers or palm, and smooth a thin film on, mixing it with the water on your damp skin to spread it out. You can put on a thick, layer, but there's really no point since you just need it to be in contact with your skin, not smothering it. Now go about the rest of your bathing routine so it has time to sit. I like to put a thin coat under my arms, then go about shaving & washing the rest of me in the bath. If you take showers, this may prove to be easier said than done without prematurely rinsing off the product. In any case, after 5 minutes you're ready to shave-- you can probably d 2 or 3 minutes & still get the benefits. The anesthetizing effect tends to be overexaggerated by those who haven't used it; of course it doesn't numb your skin to the point that you would cut yourself and not know it, and no, it doesn't make it easier to cut yourself (sigh). In fact, I haven't nicked my underarms once in the years that I've used it. While it does prevent irritation on my underarms, it does NOT prevent red bumps in the bikini area. It may seem somewhat extreme to have this one product just to shave my underarms, but being able to shave them without irritation is definitely worth it. Also, since I only use it on a small area, one tube lasts a LONG time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2002 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Both my SO an I tried this and neither of us found anything special about it. He said it didnt do the numbing thing it claimed to do and I didnt notice it either. I found it to be rather thin as well. Didnt irritate his sensitive skin but like I said, nothing great about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2001 2:31:00 PM More reviews by li1babe

My boyfriend loves this shaving cream...he refuses to even try more expensive brands. It's perfect for his sensitive AND acne prone skin. I can't describe how hard it is to pry it from him. His brother tried it once and is now hooked too!