December 19, 2014 | 1474 users online

Liquid - Lumene - Doublestay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by carmencabo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved Lumene's cc cream but they only had it in light shades. I gave the double wear for combo skin a try in Carmel beige.
Container has pour spout so no mess. Went on easily and dried quickly to a soft matte. Very comfortable to wear. I have tried many foundation brands and many make me itchy almost immediately. This felt like putting moisturizer on. Soft and light. Color matched perfectly. I have combo skin and this lasted for six hours before I needed to blot. Didn't transfer during hugs. Going to see if it causes any breakouts on my sensitive skin. Will update in a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupForever95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whenever I wore this foundation, it honestly felt like I didn't wear anything at all. Especially after it settles into your skin, you can most likely feel the softness of your face. The coverage of the foundation was light [first layer] to medium [second layer] depending on how much you applied. For me it lasted roughly around five hours before I had to reapply my powder to hide my oiliness. I wouldn't recommend this much for those who tends to get quite oily, but for normal skin this would be just perfect. Did I forgot to mention it evens out your skin tone?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is perfect for everyday wear. It gives good amount of coverage. If i want more coverage I just layer it and it still looks nice. The lightest color was perfect for my fair skintone, and the price is amazing! The only con is that it didnt last as long as I wanted on my oily skin.
Overall a great foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for double stay mineral makeup. I'm usually really disappointed with all Lumene products I try. Skincare lines are usually made for dry and sensitive skin types, and in Scandinavia there are combo skins like mine. Colour cosmetics lacks pigment and staying power. I bought this product in # 1 cream beige, and I was positively surprised as this really stayed all day, and didn't need much retouch. I know that some Lumene foundations don't give enough coverage, but this does. Colour is nice, I'm NC20. I bought this mainly because this was dirt cheap, 5 € (about 6-7$). Normal price is 13 €. After using this one week, I went back to the store and bought two more bottles. One of the few Lumene products worth trying and good value for your money. Better than some 40 € products

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The coverage of this sucks. It's really light, and it actually feels pretty good going on. I got the lightest shade (and I'm not that pale to begin with) and it was pretty dark and orangish. I had to wipe it off. If you're orange and have nothing to cover up, I guess this would be a pretty good foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Dot_Cotton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this for a few years now. It is the best long lasting makeup I have found. Problem with the others was that they made my skin look very dry and accentuate every little line I have.

Lumene does not have that problem. Coverage is medium and stays shine free for 8+ hours. Even in Florida. I have gone to the gym wearing this, and hardly anything rubs off when I pat away sweat. Definitely my top choice for a long lasting makeup.

It looks like Lumene has repackaged this since I bought it previous time. The bottle is now more square and the label has an added mention of mineral makeup. Names of colors have changed too. Previously #2 Perfect Beige was light tan shade. Now #2 is called Honey Beige and is is very pale. Otherwise the product seems and behaves same as the older version on Double Stay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this at CVS at 50% off. I found Lumene products to be very good quality-like department store cosmetics. The color selection was very limited. I bought 01-creamy beige. I'm fair but the next lightest shade looked white. This wasn't the best match- a little dark, however the finish was nice and looked natural. Not a lot of coverage, just enough. Lasting power was okay. I found this similar to Make Up Forever's mat velvet foundation in the finish of this. The packaging is okay- it does ooze out of the tip a little if you set it down without the cap on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Colors purchased:
(3) Golden Beige - great neutral match for my light/med skin tone
(4) Rose Beige - not rose but neutral a bit dark for my skin tone but wearable in summer months.

The application is easy and smooth. The coverage is definitely on the light side. Especially compared to Revlon CS. I didn't have much luck getting a medium coverage when applying multiple layers.
It has very good lasting power and a semi matte finish that didn't cake up on my skin.
Double Stay is scented but not too overpowering for me.
This is a decent foundation but the coverage is just too light for me and I prefer a creamy finish over semi matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

I was waiting for my MUFE HD to arrive in the mail, so i went to cvs looking for a temporary foundation. This review is for the DoublestayMineralMakeup for normal/dry skin that comes in a blue tube. Originally 19.99 but it was 50% off so i got it for 10 bucks. I got the lightest shade, cream beige i beleive. My first complaint is that it is hard to squeeze out of the tube!! This is a thicker foundation, so i expected more coverage. It was about a low / medium coverage, i had to really layer on a lot, and it still wouldnt give me full coverage. However, after setting it with loose powder, it gave it a little more coverage. I usually wear a moisturizing foundation so i was scared this would be too matte and flaky on me but it wasnt! It really does stay on, didnt ever need to touch it up, and looked great all day. Has much better wear than my MUFE HD! I had to blot my nose lightly twice during the day, i had it on for like 18 hours. Usuaully i blot much more, so it was great to not have to worry that much about it. Areas where my skin is dry caked up a little after many hours, so i added a little moisturizer and blended it in. Overall, on sale, its a good d/s buy, but if you need to cover, i recommend a concealer on dark spots over the foundation. Also, it has a very strong fragrance to it, which i dont like at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cr4zn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Doublestay Mineral Makeup in 05 Caramel Beige for oily, combination skin and it was THE perfect shade for my tan complexion. Initially I was a bit disappointed at its coverage because upon application it does not seem to cover much. But when it actually settles into your skin it's just simply the perfect medium coverage I was looking for - it does a great job covering redness.

What I also like about this makeup is that it doesn't make my skin greasy overtime. It's a little pricey, but there are more expensive drugstore brands that don't do as well of a job as this. I'd definitely buy it again.