July 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alishee

I am disappointed to say that this stuff just does nothing for my hair. It doesn't detangle, add shine to my hair, nor does it control my fly aways.
Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum either had no effect on my hair - or just left it looking greasy. For such an incredibly pricey and popular product, I was very let down :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by ksmith125

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff just works for me. I have curly, thick, frizzy hair and I use this as a finishing product after my leave in, oil and gel. I also use it on straight hair to fight frizz. Although it has silicones in it, I continue to use this on my CG hair and have no issues with build up. I clarify once a month so if anyone has these types of issues add a clarifying wash to your monthly routine. The bottle I'm currently using has been in rotation for over two years and I'll repurchase when it's done.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by 4073

I have been using this product for about 5 years and have went through 7 or 8 bottles within that time frame. My hair is naturally straight, fine and very dark, and this makes me look as if I just flat ironed my hair or got it done at a salon. I use 2 pumps on my LONG hair every day and I cannot get enough. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. The price seems expensive but it's not as heavy or yucky silicone-scented like other serums out there, and I usually get each bottle for around $15 rather than $22 by using salon coupons. It speeds up drying time and smells heavenly. It's smoothing and even makes my hands soft! My hair is so shiny and everyone asks, "HOW COME YOU DON'T HAVE SPLIT ENDS???" This is my forever go-to hair product and I think I would run to every drugstore and salon to buy every bottle if Paul Mitchell was to discontinue it.

(note: I do not like the super skinny line when it comes to shampoo and conditioner.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This serum works very well when I blow dry and straighten my hair, but when I let my hair air dry its nothing special. I think its probably meant to be used with heat styling. It smells like artificial watermelon to me, which it like, but if your not into that scent don't worry the smell doesn't seem to linger. I hardly ever heat style my hair anymore but whenever I do I use this, I don't think Ill run out soon but if I did then I would probably re-buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Katgref

So once again, I read a lot of brilliant reviews and then go and get a serum which I hope will magically transform my unmanageable frizzy hair into something sleek and more manageable.. Unfortunately, it is another bottle which is going to be added to my "sitting on the shelf" collection. It is just an average product which made my fizz a bit better (when I am inside the house) but the moment I step outside (I stay in a very humid climate) my hair turn back into a frizzy mess, plus no volume.. Have no idea what I am going to do with the rest of the product.. I will be using it just for a sake of it.. but defiantly not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good serum, not to heavy, smell is good. Price seems high but I got it as a set after the holidays marked down at JCpennys but even if I bought the product alone at full price there is a lot of product. I would purchace it if it was on sale but over all nothing I couldn't find in a drugstore brand that offer similar things or at Sallys for a fraction of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Cracktasha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I was looking for a heat protector for my hair when I saw how many people raved about this I just went out and got it. Yes for the first day or so my hair was kind of awesome. But quickly after that I noticed how my hair was getting super super dry looking(haven't been doing anything abnormal or crazy to it ) and it was getting extremely hard to brush and just kind of gross looking. I read about the shiz load of silicones in this stuff. Apparently it's ONLY a plastic coat to shield moisture IN your hair, not add your hair. It really dries out your hair too. Maybe it would of worked for me if my hair liked serums and was extremely moisturized to begin with. It's good to use for maybe one day in your hair but... NOT DAILY USE! This is just my opinion, go out and try it for yourself. By the way my hair is medium brown which I have been dying 6 years now... and I repeatedly dye it read, I have very fine hair but lots of it. State of hair is moderately healthy but this product just messed it up really bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by blondee028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the HG must have.. I have gone from blonde to low lights to dark and back to blonde. I can't tell you how many times it has been bleached and they use 50 volume peroxide on my head...so I mean bleached.. It was in really bad condition. Frizzy breaking falling out..I mean totally fired.. I am now back to blonde and when I use this it is smooth as silk. I put it in when its towel dried blow it and then use a little more. I love it and it look great...finally, but it is pricey but I did find the generic one in Sally's and its the exact same for half the price only its not a pump bottle. So I pour it in the pump bottle and its half the price. If the generic wasn't available I would pay the price for it. Yes I would buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Just running out of this product and will definitely repurchase. Tames flyaways, makes blow drying much easier, use on wet or dry hair, mix with texturizer, love it. can remove the lid to ensure you get all of the product out. Smells refreshing. One pump is enough for me and I have a fair bit of hair (mid-chest length).

My hair,
Dark brown, thick, wavy (native background).
Was heavily streaked blonde for a couple years and transitioned to "ombre" to start letting it heal again. This means my hair has been a bit more dry and unruly lately (if you've ever done blonde from brunette you'll know what I'm trying to say).

Similar products I have tried that don't compare, loreal, tresemme, chi, bed head, joico, argan oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rainonyourparade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells Great! And really makes my hair shiny and smooth with no fly aways! :)