November 23, 2014 | 999 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kohana

I love how soft this makes my hair. It allows me to skip conditioner for a day or two. Since I have rather fine hair and too much silicone can really weigh it down, I use the tiniest drop and it works fine! I doubt I will ever run out of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this stuff. My HG hair oil. It is moisturizing and smoothing but helps cut my drying time in half. The smell is kinda fruity and pleasant (at the very least it is tolerable). I use this every time I wash my hair. Sometimes I don't blow dry my hair and this stuff seems to cut down drying time when I just let it air dry. I use it on dry hair and it really tames down my frizzes. My daughters use it in their hair too after a wash. Keeps their hair smooth and cuts down drying time for them too. Love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is a great silicone-based leave-in serum. There are many products like this on the market, but they are not all created equal. PM's Skinny Serum leaves my hair soft, smooth, manageable without any stickiness or weighing it down. Provides heat protection as well. This is a reliable product that I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so. My two favorite serums would be this one and CHI's Silk Infusion.
For reference, I have hair that is thick, dry, wavy-textured, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. So it's important that I take care of it with the right products. I always use some type of leave-in on my damp hair before blow-drying and this one is a winner. Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by LonnieGray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't dislike...but very average. I will use this until it's gone because its not a bad product, however I don't know if I would repurchase. It smells amazing, seriously, sometimes I wish all my products smell like this. And it does make flat ironing a bit easier, but no easier than anything else really. I need to use more than a few pumps in my hair (I have very thick, very coarse hair) and it doesn't do enough to justify the price tag. Like I said, not a bad product, just nothing really special.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Meli777

I love this product. Every time I come out of the shower, I have to put this on or I can feel the dryness of my hair. It smells great & it works great for my long straight hair. & yes, a little goes a long way which is awesome because it means you don't run out quickly. Have bought this product over & over.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

Love this stuff it smells so good and eliminates frizz. A little does go a long way. However I hate the price..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by th3amazingashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the best. I'm on my second bottle. The price is a little expensive but the bottle lasts for quite a while. I use it everyday. I don't know how I lived with out it before. I have naturally straight hair. it's fine but theres a ton of it. I'm bleach blonde. my hair goes through so much this makes my hair so soft and fluffy and smooth. love it. try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alishee

I am disappointed to say that this stuff just does nothing for my hair. It doesn't detangle, add shine to my hair, nor does it control my fly aways.
Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum either had no effect on my hair - or just left it looking greasy. For such an incredibly pricey and popular product, I was very let down :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by ksmith125

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff just works for me. I have curly, thick, frizzy hair and I use this as a finishing product after my leave in, oil and gel. I also use it on straight hair to fight frizz. Although it has silicones in it, I continue to use this on my CG hair and have no issues with build up. I clarify once a month so if anyone has these types of issues add a clarifying wash to your monthly routine. The bottle I'm currently using has been in rotation for over two years and I'll repurchase when it's done.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by 4073

I have been using this product for about 5 years and have went through 7 or 8 bottles within that time frame. My hair is naturally straight, fine and very dark, and this makes me look as if I just flat ironed my hair or got it done at a salon. I use 2 pumps on my LONG hair every day and I cannot get enough. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. The price seems expensive but it's not as heavy or yucky silicone-scented like other serums out there, and I usually get each bottle for around $15 rather than $22 by using salon coupons. It speeds up drying time and smells heavenly. It's smoothing and even makes my hands soft! My hair is so shiny and everyone asks, "HOW COME YOU DON'T HAVE SPLIT ENDS???" This is my forever go-to hair product and I think I would run to every drugstore and salon to buy every bottle if Paul Mitchell was to discontinue it.

(note: I do not like the super skinny line when it comes to shampoo and conditioner.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No