April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Fragrances - Bulgari - Black

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For days I don't feel like behaving well, I go for this: the vanilla gets mean with the rubber and tea notes in the best possible way. It smells like a bonfire of Barbies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bulargi Black is a unique smokey oriental. There is a wonderful rubbery smell paired with a creamy vanilla accord, as though someone smashed an expensive vial of perfume inside a bike shop. At once comforting and kinky. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by berlianips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this smell of bulgari black, and my husband love it too. wanna buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by aquadinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora looking for something new and once I told the SA about my love for Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille he took me right over to the men's section to try this beauty. I had read the Luca Turin's fantastic review of this in Perfume: The Guide, but this was my first encounter. LOVE. It is just like countless reviews have said, rubbery, leathery, vanilly heaven. I didn't buy a bottle because this is not a hot humid summer type of perfume but I will absolutely be buying one for the fall. I've been using my sample on cold rainy nights and it just drips sex appeal even though it is just like sitting in a car with leather seats and a vanilla pine tree air freshener. I would love to smell this on a man, but smelling this on myself makes me feel pretty darn hot too. Definitely not for the weak willed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by aniliini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have a miniatyre bottle of Black and it's... strange. It has this funny rubbery, oily feeling like freshly laid asphalt but deep down it's also warm and soft and very much vanilla. I don't like vanilla in perfumes so I seldom use it, but if vanilla is your thing then this has the kinky vibe to take one step from girl next door to sinful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is naughtiness in a bottle. The vanilla is sweet and bossy at first and then dries down to a slightly powdery “skin, but better” routine. The leather cracks the whip early on, but calms down after rubber shows up. And then, there is something else. At first, it is difficult to place, but suddenly the answer appears…oh no they didn’t. Animalic. Salty. Metallic? Maybe buckles and chains? Is someone smoking in the corner?
During my next trip to New Orleans, I plan on drenching myself in this stuff. Well, maybe more than four sprays.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by amv10

Colosal !!! Black is just as much the masterpiece that I expected (hoped) it to be after all the reviews I read on it since years. What a surprise where on the bottom of a shelf in Munich airport my eyes suddenly set on....Black! After all the time I was looking for this perfume, not being able to find it where I live or around (for some reasons, I noticed that you can have in all the fragrance shops the entire Bulgari fragrance collection - except Black!). I love leather and smokey fragrances so the opening of Black is everything you can hope for on the smokey side. A deep leap in a teapot of a Lapsang Souchong and I can clearly see the references to the note of "burnt tires" but it is more smoked tea than tyres, without the chemical fumes. Then what surprised me even more it was how it settled, from that smokey, dry, dark grey, pretty masculine opening, into a radiating warm, amber (with a bit of vetiver maybe) note that lasts until its end, but where you still recognize in the background, very shy and diffused this time, the initial smoky note. If you think about it, you have two of the most opposite notes, blended together like by magic. If it were an image, to me it evokes a flash of black-grey, smokey cloud, through which when it clears out, you see glowing embers. But let's be clear, if you're not attracted by atypical, definitely not "nice and pretty" or polite fragrances, you should pass your way because either you will be disappointed or you will try to place this perfume in a category where it is not meant to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is genius. Notes are described below. It starts strange then gets more feminine on me. It seems less of a "you smell nice" scent and more aromatherapy. This is as complex as a real person and just as interesting. Not masculine, just real.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this fragrance for about a week now, and I adore it. It smells unlike anything else.

I was looking for a replacement as my go-to winter fragrance MV3 from MAC was discontinued. I read about this as a replacement for MV3, and bought it from ebay sight unseen. When you first spray it, you do get the hit of rubber, but once it is on your skin it mellows beautifully into a warm vanilla jasmine scent. I do not like sweet florals and tend to gravitate towards unisex fragrances but do not like overly musky or manly smells. This one, while being billed as unisex, is not at all masculine and very wearable. I highly recommend it. I took one lippy off because it does not last very long, but I don't know a high end fragrance that does. Plus, at the low price it sells for (it is fifteen years old, which is why it is so cheap) I can afford to buy a second to keep with me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by danai

This delivers most of the things I look for in a fragrance. It's warm and inviting but unusual and kind of strange. It somehow draws you in and weirds you out a little at the same time. I can't put my finger on what it is that makes it this unique and intriguing exactly, but I have smelled nothing like it. I can see how it could be worn both by guys and girls, as it's neither entirely masculine nor feminine, however it does still manage to smell very sexy.
And also, surprisingly, it's not as expensive as you'd expect it to be.
I think it's best saved for winter as it's also pretty incense-y and heady.