October 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil Shimmer - Shimmer Mocha Havana

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Finding a Lancome blush that worked for me was like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. First one, Rouge Glow, looked muddy on me. The color in the pan was not the color I got on my cheeks. Didn't work with my NC40 skin. The second one, Miel Glace, was too light. Could not get it to show up at all. All I got was an overload of shimmer from over applying to get it to show up on my NC40 skin. But the third one, Shimmer Mocha Havana was just right. Even works with red lipstick. This one is a winner for me. I also adore the lovely compact.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by shugee

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed in Lancome Shimmer Mocha Havana. Everything looked perfect with a swatch on the inner wrist and I was looking forward to having it join my other blush loves such as Dolce & Gabbana Mocha, Rouge Bunny Rouge Habanera, Becca Bolero, Jemma Kidd South Beach, Nars Madly. Next on my list to try are the deep Tom Ford blushes Ravish and Savage. But Lancome let me down. The grandma fragrance, the off-color on the cheeks, the wimpy pigmentation, the nonexistant staying power...any one of these factors would have killed its right to join the ranks, but taken together - it's just drugstore quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Looks quite dark in packaging, but a little goes a way and is very flattering.
Could use for contouring, bronzer or blush.
I like the brush that comes with the Lancome Blush Subtil, nice size, easy to use and gives a polished look, not clownish or crazy.
Would buy again but wont need to for a while, even with regular use they two Lancome blushed have lasted me longer than I am willing to say. Worth the price IMo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a GWP so I rated the price on what it usually sells for (about $30) I really wasn't very excited about receiving this and I assumed I'd hand it over to my mom after trying it out for a day. This blush is amazing! I'm fair with neutral undertones (Revlon CS Sand Beige, Givenchy Photo Perfexion 05 Praline) and this works as a blush/bronzer in one. It gives me an overall healthy look that doesn't look like blush or bronzer. I was scared of the sparkles but they're not really visible and do not accentuate pores or anything like that. This is now my everyday blush and I will definitely be purchasing the full sized version!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

beautiful blush that can double as a bronzer on my very fair skin... i even use it for contouring sometimes with my capucine blush... slight shimmer that doesn't look oily by the end of the day... in all a very gorgeous colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ncdc83

I received two samples from my mother a year ago, still on my second sample (will last for another 3-4 months). I just recently pruchased my first full size compact (due to an awesome free gift promotion). It may seem expensive to some (about $27 USD), however, it will last a long time. The two samples equal about the same size as the full size, therefore, in my opinion, it'll last a while and the cost spread out over time will really not be much at all. My only gripe would be the packaging, for the price and prestige of Lancome, it should be a bit more attractive and economical. It's in an old school black plastic compact with the brush palette on one side and a small (useless, superfluous) brush on the other (who the heck uses those anymore, us make-up maniacs have our very own special blush blush, duh!). The product itself is great. I have acne-prone, oily skin and this goes on smoothly and lasts all day. It is buildable and near mistake proof and the shimmer is not visible and is most definitly work friendly. I think this is a shade better for darker skin tones. I am not very dark but have yellowish undertones and most always opt for medium shades. My mother, in contrast, is very pale and usually chooses the lightest shades. As this was too dark for her (perhaps just for her own personal tastes), I ended up with the samples... HG!

This is my HG blush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by 1313lolita

I got this for free when I bought an eyeshadow quad at Macys... I hadn't realized Lancome had been running a special- what a treat! I gave this a 1 for price since I got it free.... I don't know what the price is free.

This blush isn't what I would normally buy... My blushes are pink (Laura Mercier and Diorblush) and I use a matte bronzer (Hoola)... Since this was part of a "with purchase" gift, I didn't get a choice and didn't really have high expectations.

Well- it's terrific! It adds a lovely glow with just the slightest shimmer. LOVELY! I will repurchase when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Lancome is hit or miss with me. But, I adore their blushes! Mocha Havana is a beautiful brown base with a touch a neutral toned pink and subtle shimmer. This is truly universal and can even be used for contouring. This blush is buildable but what is nice is that when you build this, the sparkles don't overpower like with some NARS blushes. The packaging is standard Lancome black and elegant and the price is affordable just a smidge higher than NARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lkbass1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! I bought the full sized over a year ago and I still have some. Its expensive in my opinion for blush, but its well worth it. It looks beautiful on, I have olive/tan skin and it looks great! In the compact it looks very shimmery, but when its on you look sun kissed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I like this product a lot, here's why; when I got it as part of a gift with purchase, the sa said I could use it as a bronzer and she was right. I am very fair with yellow toned skin, yet my face is often pinker than my neck and decolletage area since developing Rosacea symptoms a few yrs ago. Until then I used whatever bronzer was on my face on my neck and some on my upper chest to match things up. But in recent yrs no matter what my face is still pinker. I brush some of this on to my neck and decolletage area, even tops of shoulders, and my face and those areas now match up. I use a large fluffy brush to do so, and make sure to blend well. It lends a sort of sun kissed but not overly so, look on my pale skin even of I have no self tanner under it.

Lately I've been using it in combination with a bronzer to get a more tanned look, and together they look great, especially when I use a a bit of this on the bridge of my nose, tops of cheeks, forehead, and use the bronzer more as an all over color. I use this in my eye lid creases as well. It has great lasting power and despite the name, and look in the pan, there are no discernible shimmer particles when I wear it. I don't like a shimmery look on my skin and given the name I would never have purchased it but am realy glad I got it and will buy a larger sized once since I have worn it daily since getting it weeks ago. I find the color comparable to an old school product called "Rubiglo," though similar products had different names, they came in earthen ware type-pottery jars. This is in no way as pigmented, but I used to use that stuff as "bronzer," before I knew actual bronzer existed.
I don't use this blush as blush because while I loved blush and still do on others, my cheeks are often pink and I don't want to emphasize that. So don't let the name fool you, this is not shimmery on, just a very natural, flattering shade that has multiple uses and has helped pare down my makeup routine.