Estee Lauder Soft Clean Silky Hydrating Lotion

3.5

Water, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Polysorbate 20, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Lythrum Salicaria Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Sucrose, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids, Sodium Pca, Trehalose, Linoleic Acid, Urea, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Squalane, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Polyquaternium-51, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 4/21/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This gave me cystic acne bumps on my forehead. I'm sure it would be great for someone who doesn't have sensitive skin like me though. At the same time there are cheaper toners out there that are better. This is something you buy when you want to pamper yourself and feel luxurious using...as long as you don't have sensitive skin

on 1/4/2015 4:46:00 PM

I really like this toner. It does not sting or aggravate my sensitive skin. I have normal/dry skin and it provides moisture and helps to remove any make-up that I missed with my cleanser. I have hormonal acne breakouts and I find since using this it has reduced redness and the amount of breakouts I have. I also think it is a good buy considering how much product you get in the bottle. I've been using it morning and night for a month and it looks like a bottle will last close to a year.

Smells pretty good actually lol,I have normal skin and my cheeks r little dry so I use it. A little thick... Actually a little goes a long way, my cheeks feels soft... It hasn't break me out yet, hope it doesn't. Nice night time moisturizer (I have no idea it was a cleanser!!!!!

on 5/27/2014 9:39:00 PM

I am very pleased with this toner. It doesn't sting my face and it leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped.

on 9/8/2012 11:30:00 AM

I have combo skin, and this made me break-out. :( I love the feel of it going on though. Probably works best for people who are not prone to acne.

on 7/3/2011 7:25:00 PM

Wow, have I done a total "about face" regarding toners since hitting the big five-oh.......

I used to think they were the biggest rip off in skincare. Now I would not hesitate to remove m/u with motor oil, if I had something nice to splash on right after. So I've been trying different toners, and this one is right up there. I have dry and ultra sensitive skin. I use it to take off an oil or cream cleanser, or when I get out of a shower. It actually does seem to actively hydrate right away. There have even been a few times when my strict skin care ritual has been interrupted by some major emergency, (Like my glass ran out of Chardonnay!) and then I got distracted about something else and forgot to glop on moisturizer, and I was OK! But it IS outrageously overpriced. Like $40+ for 6.7 oz. My cheapo husband should be glad I have not been temped to DRINK it! :)

on 6/20/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a good toner for dry skin and those who donít wear liquid foundation. But guess what? Itís JUST a toner! So itís astounding to me that it is so darned expensive. I feel like a toner is more of a necessity to for pulling the leftovers from the skin in which a cleanser leaves behind and I donít really get that this stuff takes away; I think it just leaves/adds a moisturizing factor (likely why itís called a lotion toner I suppose). All that said, it works well after a mask to balance out/ensure the skin doesnít dry out. Another (kinda sorta) pro is that it contains caffeine which is a good temp tightening agent but for the face? HumnÖ Not sure what thatís about as this doesnít make any pour diminishing type claims, it would seem more appropriate in say an eye or thigh cream, and it doesnít seem to be in high concentration anyway. And for me personally, it doesnít jive with makeup application- I have more cons with this entire line than pros unfortunately. It leaves a film (ditto for the cleanser) and my foundation doesnít go on so smooth so I can only use this at night which works fine during cold whether I guess but....unless you pray to the altar of everything Lauder, I say skip this one and try something more affordable.

I personally like this toner better than the toner in cyber white series of the same brand.
But sometimes when my skin is really dry, like in Winter, I apply this toner to my face and it feels a bit burning. Not very pleasant.

on 3/6/2011 11:39:00 PM

Using this under my moisturizer makes it difficult to apply my foundation. My foundation gets really sticky and my face looks sticky/sweaty all day long. If I use this and skip my moisturizer, I find that it's just not moisturizing enough.

The reviews about the scent are all spot on. This is too highly scented. If you're already used to Estee Lauder's extremely fragrant and pink-smelling skin care products, this won't faze you.

on 2/12/2011 2:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I adore this toner, and I have tried many toners to compare it with.

I have dry and sensitive skin, as well as spending lots of time outside in the harsh NZ sun so when I use a toner I like it to be hydrating and comforting to my skin, and this fits the bill.

The consistency is sort of slimy but feels good. Smells strong but you get used to it.