November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lip Gloss - Merle Norman - Luxiva lip gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mcquaggenora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally found the color! If you are looking for the same nude/blush that either JLO or Kim Kardashian wears then this is the color. I am Hispanic and have tried dozens trying to find the right nude shade that doesn't disapear when I put it on! This is it and for $17 I don't mind paying it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Tried the tester, wasn't crazy about it. It was a little grainy and the color doesn't last extremely long.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by CLAYTONSMOM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the merle norman lip glaze lipstick. Its in a tube like a lipstick but is called a lip glaze by luxiva in the gold tube. the sales lady told me they were new so I thought I would try it. I forgot what color I got but it was a pretty plum color. It wasnt cheap, it was $17. well, I was really hoping to like it since I am a merle norman junkie and I have never really been disappointed in anything. I hated this lipstick/lip glaze. the very 1st time I used it, my lips became incredibly dry and chapped. I couldnt even stand to wear it over a lipstick. I will never buy this again. I am still recovering from chapped lips. and I doubt I will take it back because I don't want to have to deal with the snooty sales lady. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by tracey_fox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this lipgloss because of its smooth texture. The color is not as sheer as I was expecting and it is not sticky at all. It could last a bit longer after applying, so one lippy off. Otherwise, it is a good gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Merle Norman is my new favorite store. I am a lipstick fanatic and I think I've found my HG. I bought several lipsticks and glosses in this store and I've liked every one so far. I hate dry lips. That's one of the reasons I love these Luxiva Vinyl glosses so much. They feel so soothing and moisturizing. I have found them to have pretty good staying power compared to other lip products I've bought. I bought these in 2 colors. Glam Jam is a very beautiful wine-red color. It looks very glamorous and flattering to my skin tone. I also got Fine Wine, a darkish burgundy color that is so striking and wonderful. I tend to need more pigmented colors or I look too washed out. These are extremely shiny and make a beautiful statement. They have more brownish, more natural shades too. I love these!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mangoslushie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love their glosses there. It is not so sticky like all the other glosses I have tried, but I had to take off one lippie because it doesnt last long. I wore mine in the morning and had to re-apply it every 2-3 hours throught the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought Luxiva Vinyl Lipcolor in Choco-lite and I think I have found my HG for my lips. The color is perfect. I usually like a nude lip (Sometimes, frosty), but the older I get, "no color" seems to make my mouth disappear. This color may sound like it is brown, but it is the best nude pink! It gives a hint of color, almost like a stain, like you ate an ice pop. It is so natural looking, but really pretty. The staying power is unbelievable. Never dry, though. At first, it goes on tacky, but then it dries and sets to a really nice consistancy and the color lasts all day. It looks like your lips but way better. I'm going to stock up on this, just in case they ever discontinue it. I'm so happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by martin722

I have this gloss in the "Gold Leaf" shade and it is a great multi-tasker. I wear it for everyday over the MN "Gold Plated Bronze" lipstick (see seperate review) but I have also used this gloss with many other lipsticks. In fact, it has salvaged many lipsticks that were GWP or hand-me-downs that I considered too dark for my fair skin. It tones them down and gives just the right hint of shimmer without being too gold. I recommend it because it is pretty in and of itself but it can help so many other things in your makeup collection! I will always keep this on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a lip gloss junkie. Anything new comes out, I try it. ANd this product may not be the HG but it is Definately a top ranking lipgloss. I found this to be rich, creamy,long lasting,+ doesn't bleed. The color did fade a bit but 5-6hrs and I still had color!I had to actually tissue it off to eat my Ice Cream. What more can you want, or ya moisturized lips. Some people are hard to please, I am one of them. I'm not sure how the other girls got their conclusion, because this is a great lipgloss. Deduction's. based on price and color range

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by deedeejune

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Luxiva Lip Vinyls are the bomb! Moisturizing and long lasting, sexy, and deposits great color. I applied in the morning and didn't have to reapply until after lunch. No dryness! Love it!