December 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Weleda - Calendula Baby Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I'm in my third bottle and I like this lotion very much. It smells good and the scent disappears quick when I use it. It's a little bit heavier and works wonders with dry skin. Moisturizing. Both me and my 5-year old son like this lotion. It can be to heavy for summer, but it depends on the skin. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been seeking out products with calendula in them since finding it does wonders for my dry, sensitive skin. This one is great value and works well for me after the bath/shower. I find it sinks in well enough and a little goes a long way. I like the smell which I find to be predominantly cocoa butter, but it doesn't linger anyway. It particularly works well on my legs after shaving and feels very soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by POLYDACTYLCAT

I really like this lotion. Even for summer. It gives a pretty sheen to your skin. It does take a while to soak in, and you can get better results by applying it freshly showered, skin still slightly damp- spread a small amount very quickly over chosen area, then go back and massage it in. By using this technique, I have avoided the greasy feel. If I don't do this, it is too heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My review really sounds like I'm bashing the product, but I'm really not! The issues I have with it are based entirely on personal preference and use, and don't have much to do with the quality of the product. I'm very picky about scents, and Calendula is not one I can do often. I purchased this lotion to soothe an awful, awful sunburn and to moisturize my legs after I shave. I tested a little at the store, and found the scent unpleasant, but it disappears after a few minutes. The product does work well-very oily though, takes awhile to soak in. It leaves my skin smooth, hydrated, and with a pretty sheen to it. The scent makes application really not fun, and waiting until it dissipates is annoying. For this reason, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this moisturiser, by far the best body one I've ever used. Smells lovely not too greasy, easily absorbed and makes skin feel really soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the whole Weleda skincare range and this is a great natural lotion for the cold season. The smell is awesome, the product itself is more like a hydrating milk, so it's very liquid. It does moisturize like crazy, almost like an oil. I only have two complaints: one, it's quite greasy, much more than other Weleda lotions (like Aloe for example) and it takes aaaages to dry, so you might want to wait a little bit before wearing your clothes again (annoying!). Also, I wouldn't use this in summer, it's way too rich.
Two, the packaging is awful! The opening at the top is not secure enough, so (especially if you travel often, like I do) the liquid will spill out and make the whole bottle greasy and annoying to handle. On the whole, a very good lotion but the Aloe one is better and more versatile too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by carsonk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this brand. Sooo natural. So I tried this one. It's kind of too thicky! eventhough my skin type is dry. plus I did get the feeling of 'properly moisturising my skin'. It didn't irritates my skin but at the same time I donot want to try it anymore..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really awful water that irritates my skin and drys me out so when I decided on a whim to try this as my daily body moisturizer I wasn't expecting much BUT it turns out I found my HG body routine. I put the Weleda Calandula oil on first after the shower then put the Calandula baby lotion over it and all of my skin irritation went away and my skin is left silky smooth. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Using occasionally as a special sensory treat in the evening - including, very occasionally, as a facial moisturiser. Yes indeedy. Somewhat similar in texture, composition, and effect to Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. I've been coming back to the Calendula Lotion off and on for years as a body lotion (like others here, I'm not a baby nor do I have one, but have thin sensitive skin that appreciates many baby products).

The Calendula Lotion moisturises without being greasy - though you do need to massage it in a little, gently - causes no irritation (on me, NB), and skin stays smooth and supple. That's actually all I want: just to keep skin in good condition, and knowing that lighter simpler things work better on it thus far, through the years of experimenting on myself (and due expense).

The scent is glorious (mainly chamomile and calendula). Try before you buy, these things being personal. I happen to find it pleasant and soothing in the evening - but would be a bit much first thing in the morning; hence using this off and on in the evening.

Costs around GBP/EUR 7.00 - 9.00 or USD 13.00 for 200 ml.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Sodium Beeswax, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*.
* from natural essential oils (i.e. naturally present in the essential oils). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by missweetp

I love this stuff. I first bought it at a health food store in Sweden and I've been using it ever since. This has a runny consistency, but I actually find it easier to apply evenly than most lotions. As soon as you apply it it warms up on your skin and starts soaking in. It gives my legs, arms, shoulders and "decolletage" a pretty toned look. If you like that shiny legs/calves look that is so flattering, this is a "natural" product that will give you that effect. I love that Weleda products are free of the potentially harmful ingredients most cosmetics contain and are not tested on animals. And I love the heady, spicy-sweet scent of this stuff. People have commented on how good I smell after I've used this. Cute, cozy, unpretentious, functional Weleda packaging. One of my favorite Weleda products!