Victoria's Secret Ultra-moisturizing hand & body cream (all scents)

2.0

on 12/23/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have these in various scents and use them with their matching EDT or bodyspray.

While they are not the most moisturizing,IMO they decently give enough moisture/hydration for the skin.

But if your looking to moisturize extremely dry skin this is not it.

on 11/2/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! So many negative reviews! I own "Endless Sunset" and "Sensual Jasmine". They smell incredible even if thefragrance doesn't linger very long. I find both scents moisturizing for my body, not so much my hands. I will continue to repurchase everytime I find them on sale.

on 3/31/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I stop buying them because they don't last on my skin like they use to :( switched to b&bw

Wow, based on all of the reviews that I have read just now, I'm definitely not the only one who thinks that the Victoria's Secret lotions have changed! And my how the lotions have changed. Indeed, the lotion formula is waxy and there's something off about it. The stuff feels cheap and fragrance doesn't last either. I will not repurchase. Buh-bye ...

on 1/24/2014 11:28:00 PM

I'm really glad it's not just me who thinks VS lotions are no good anymore.They're terrible now.

I use to love them back in the days (around 2009) because they not only smelled great, but were super moisturizing. I just bought a couple in the semi-annual sale this year, thinking it's such a good deal.....it turns out there really is something different with their current formula.

The lotion now gives you a waxy feeling. Instead of sinking and absorbing into your skin the way the old formula did, the new formula kinda just sits as a layer on top of your skin, and has a weird powdery feeling, as other reviewers have described.

It's like they replaced the better, more expensive ingredient that truly moisturizes the skin with a cheap waxy material that fakes thickness for the lotion. I hope they bring back the old formula.

on 8/31/2013 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I genuinely like these lotions. I find them very comparable to bbw creams. The one I have at the moment is midnight glamour, and I love the scent! Very similar to bbw's secret wonderland, which is my favorite. I'm surprised by how many people are saying these are horrible. They are a tad bit greasy but that goes away. I would repurchase.

Edit: okay, so I'm dropping the rating down because I'm noticing that these aren't as moisturizing as I would like. After the lotion dries, it feels like I never applied lotion. I'm going to try the body butter next time.

on 1/9/2011 10:25:00 PM

Bring back the old packaging, the old formula.. please! Don't tell me that Victoria Secret's holding some kind of secret affair with their workers in creating new "replacement" products. I don't like the new stuff. Why must you be so cruel to all your lotion fans? The new product scents don't smell as alluring, as attractive, as "sexy" anymore.

on 8/30/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have to echo what everyone else is saying in their reviews and hope that Victoria's Secret reads some reviews and realizes that they made a bit mistake in reformulating their "Ultra-moisturizing" hand & body cream.

I first bought the cream in several scents years ago(maybe 2004/2005?) and the cream then was more moisturizing and the scent lasted until I washed it off. I still have an old tube of Love Spell and it still smells good and works perfectly.

A year or so ago I bought tubes of Strawberries & Champagne cream and Pear Glace cream. Both had an under-scent of wax/plastic/or lye? I dismissed it in the store and figured maybe it was the packaging or just my nose being strange. But when I got it home and applied it to my skin, it had the same horrible scent mixed with the fragrance. I put them up in my closet and hadn't tried to use them again until recently. I expected them to be in the same good conditioner that the 5-6 year old Love Spell cream was in, but NO!!! They were both RANCID!?!? They had separated in the tubes and now all I could smell was the chemical smell! I tried shaking them up and applying a little dab just to see and it was just atrocious. I threw them both in the trash.

PLEASE PLEASE Victoria's Secret: BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULATIONS!!! They worked and they smelled good!!! I can't even say I really like the body butter that much. I have it in Vanilla Lace and it doesn't do much for me except smell good. :shrug: Even then it's very faint and doesn't last long. The regular lotion which isn't very moisturizing is truer to the scents and moisturized better than both the butter and the cream - and that's not saying much.

Would not repurchase unless they change the formula.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff sucks! Thank god i read these reviews, i thought i was crazy for not liking it because the packaging is so cute and smells really good. i bought this stuff when i was in high school 5 years ago and i loved it. Then i bought this recently and have been using it because it smells good but seriously what everyone on here is saying is true. It does NOT moisturize, you are probably better off splashing some water on yourself then use this stuff LOL (kidding!) What i have noticed is the texture is just kinda..GROSS..? Let's just say i am in a good mood when i grab my Love Spell Ulta-moisturizing hand and body cream, as i open the tab i get a whiff of tropics and sunshine! The smell is divine. And then WHAM the second i rub some of this lotion on it's a whole other story. It is greasy i would say. And i am not surprised to find out that VS has changed the formula for this product. All i have to say is that if you are planning to go buy some of this stuff get the body butter instead. Usually you can get it for the same price as the Hand and Body lotion goes for. The VS body butter is the one that is "ultra moisturizing!" don't be fooled by the name :)

on 8/4/2009 11:10:00 AM

i have an issue with VS's lotions/body creams. they contain mineral oil which is not good for skin. stopped purchasing them once i found this out and havent looked back since!