December 18, 2014 | 992 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials fragrance free foaming cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by tiffladines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this is getting such a low rating! I recently broke out from trying out other products that were too harsh for my sensitive skin. I bought this along with the Dove Sensitive Moisturizer, and my skin now looks really healthy and clear. I use this twice a day (in the morning and at night), and I love it. I wear a lot of make up but my face feels and looks super clean after I cleanse with this. This is a must have!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this stuff broke me out. There was nothing I liked about the product other than the pump. Otherwise I found it irritating and had a weird fragrance that was a lot like finger paint from kindergarten.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by tallys

I got this free with the lotion (which I love, btw) but it burns my eyes. I've never had a face cleanser burn my eyes like this before. Plus, I'm not sure if it has just gone bad (which seems weird...the package didn't look that old) but it has a funny smell to it. I'm used to the smell of unscented products, but this is just weird. I notice that another Canadian reviewer commented on the smell. Wonder if they shipped old batches up north?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ajberkebile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well this was the best product for sensitive skin. Unfortunatley they changed the packaging and the ingredients. Also they have now discontinued it. I am so upset. Not sure why Dove would get rid of such a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only cleanser that I have used that did not break out my sensitive skin. However, it does leave my skin feeling a little dry and I have to quickly lather on moisturizer after washing my face with this stuff.
I'm looking for something a little better, but this isn't bad,but I'm afraid it might be a tad harsh on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette_in_Canada

I LOVE it....
I've been using Cetaphil cleanser and their soap for years and I like them...I just tried this stuff because it came free with the matching face lotion I wanted to try for only $10. A little goes a long way..just a peanut sized squirt does the entire face/neck.
it takes off makeup well (I wash twice with any cleanser) and my skin isn't dry/tight after...or red. I use Rx retinoid to treat my acne/acne scars so my skin is very sensitive and gets red/pinkish easily...but not with this. I will probably stop buying Cetaphil now and stick with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by CarmiHooks

I used to use this product and I absolutly loved it!!!! But then i went to the store and bought some more because I ran out.... and when I went to use it I could tell it was different just by looking at it... so when I put it on my face I knew for sure they changed it. I got my old container out and compared ingrediants and it's not even close to the same. I don't know why they would change a good thing. I hated how it made me skin feel... it felt like I had a film that remained on my face, my face didn't feel clean at all afterwards. I was forced to find something different. Now I have been using Olay's sensitve skin wash. And I like it alot. hopefully they don't change it!!!!! I will not buy Dove again... unless they change it back. I do not recomend it! I agree with another reviewer that this is called Dove, sensitive skin foaming cleaner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by codonohue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if this is the same product or not, but I know the name to be Dove Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser, and I I couldn't find anything close to it in the reviews, so I'm thinking this is the same thing...
Anyway, I was using this cleanser for about two years and LOVED it! I have oily, acne prone, sensitve skin. I never used a cleanser that completely cleaned my face after washing with it one time! After washing and than using a toner there was no dirt on my cotton ball! And my skin just did really fantastic on this stuff! However, haha sorry but here's my issue with it now...They recently changed the product packaging, and to my knowledge that was all that they changed, well when I purchased the new packaged cleanser, I noticed that the face wash was thicker and more of a creamier face wash where as before it was more like a gel type. And as a result to that it didn't clean as well for my skin as it used to and I noticed if I washed my face with it twice it did much better, but that's one more step that I didn't have to do before. I know for me that gel type cleansers do much better on my skin than cream cleansers b/c I feel like cream cleansers leave a film on my skin, which is what I feel now when I use this product. I contacted Dove and asked them if they changed the ingredients at all in this product and they said no, and that may be true, but something was changed in the texture and thickness of the product so maybe some more of one or two ingredients was added, who knows. I still won't say it's a horrible cleanser b/c I think it probably still does its justice for some people, but people who might be like me and don't like the filmy feel to cream cleansers b/c it doesn't seem to wash off the oil as good, might be in the same boat with me on this product. And I suggest washing your face twice with it and using a toner afterwards. Other than that Dove is still a great brand for a lot of things and it doesn't hurt to try it and see how it does for you! The best cleansers are in my opinion are the ones that have no fragrances and just simply clean the skin. And this stuff does offer the fragrance free, dye free, just simple cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why this isn't getting better reviews. I started using this when reading other reviews on drugstore.com and how it's gentle and can help with breakouts. I've been on tazorac for acne, but don't really use it consistintly. I found this dove cleanser to be the best. My skin is so clear now (mins scars that are fading) I've gotten numerous compliments from my family, and friends at work. That never happens and I tell them what I use because I've had people ask me! I also am on birth control but my skin wasn't any better. I'm sure it's the dove cleanser. I can find it at ulta, as it took forever to find a drugstore that carried it. Cleans well, rinses well, leaves my skin soft and radiant. I find I like to use a bit of this w/ just a bit of water to make it creamier...not foam.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by fancybaby

Blah...this was not good for sensitve skin at all. Left a weird film and I actually got a zit from this which never happens. And what's with the yucky smell? In the garbage it goes....