October 23, 2014 | 1194 users online

Treatments (Face) - Serious Skin Care - A-Primer w/Silicone

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This by far is the best primer I have used. All my small lines just fade under my eyes, crowsfeet gone!!! A little pricey and hard to find. Goes on smoothly and drys nicely, skin is soft too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer when I want my face to feel smooth and soft. I've tried DHC, Smashbox, and a couple other brands I got as samples from Sephora. This and Laura Gellar's Spackle are my two favorites, for opposite reasons. Spackle doesn't make my skin feel soft and slick at all, and doesn't make my makeup slide on easier. In fact, it seems to make my makeup stick better, and helps me to build coverage, and makes my makeup last longer through the day, as all primers say they will.

The Serious Vit A primer is more like a lotion, but don't use much! A little goes a long way. I like how it applies better than the Smashbox, and it's slicker than DHC. It takes a minute to soak in, but leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth, and makeup just glides on. This helps keep makeup out of my smile lines. It does have some hint of sparklies in it, but I can't imagine makeup not covering it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by awhellokitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer works OK. The instruction says "apply liberally to freshly cleansed and dry skin". Don't listening to that... Putting too much on made my makeup looked like a mask. I found less than a dime size amount of product will do. The only complaint I have with it is the funny shimmer in the product. Since you only have to use so little of this stuff, the shimmer hurts more than it helps. A-primer is an OK primer, but just OK. It smoothes skin and help makeup stays on the face for about half a day. Overall, nothing spectacular about this stuff. And at $22.50 a tube, you can probably find something that works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by nydoc78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like using this primer under my BE Mineral foundation. It absorbs nicely into the skin and has an opalescent sheen. It does a good job at controlling the oiliness throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I"ve only used it a couple of days so far but I like what I'm seeing/feeling. I like to mix my own "primer" so I mix Dr. Denese's melanin tinted day cream which has spf 30, and also Skinceutical's daily sunscreen with SSC"s Instatox and this primer. I like the concoction that results and the Instatox helps to tighten everything all over and the primer smooths everything out and of course I don't have to say what the moisturizer/sunscreen does. I really do like the result. I use mineral makeup (BE and Lumiere) and it really looks good over this. Will update ............ PS--I need to mention that I don't pre-mix this, I mix it fresh everyday, a little of each thing in my palm and then swirl with a small spatula. Update--6-24-08 I am still mixing this primer and liking it. I will definitely buy again. Good stuff and I like the way my concealer goes on over it, and then my Pure Luxe Silica powder, then Lumiere Veena Velvet foundation......

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by pokeyjomo

I LOVE this primer. I agree with previous reviewer--it is better than DHC's velvet skin coat. The trick is to let it set for about 5 minutes before applying make up. I can definately tell the difference on the days when I'm too harried to use it. It really helps my make up last and keeps the "oilies" down.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by arleen4226

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I BOUGHT THIS FROM HSN.I NEEDED A PRIMER.THIS STUFF MAKES MY SKIN AN OIL SLICK TO SAY THE LEAST.MY MAKEUP SLIDES OFF MY FACE ! WHAT A HORROR !IT HAS SO MUCH SILICONE IN IT YOU CANT BELIEVE IT.THE PRICE IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY ! I PUCHAES PHILOSOPHY'S THE PRESENT CLEAR MAKEUP AND WHAT A RELIEF.MY MAKE UP STAYS PUT AND DOES NOT SLIDE OFF! I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS A PRIMER TO ANYONE.GO PHILOSOPHY YOU WILL NEVER BE DISAPOINTED!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by tmoore2626

I was skeptical at first....I don't usually like primers. I like this one because it absorbs into the skin and doesn't feel sticky or greasy. It has a shimmer to it and makes your skin look like it has a natural glow. I almost didn't want to put any foundation on!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Karena73

This is the third primer I've used. I think this product is MUCH better than DHC's velvet skin coat (which I also really liked). This product glides on effortlessly and really makes the difference before applying powder or foundation. It helps your makeup stay fresh all day long. I read some other reviews that said this product is greasy. I thought so too, until I read and followed the directions on the tube. The directions say to give a couple of minutes for the product to absorb. After two minutes, you can run your fingers back over the primer and the shininess will convert to silky matte powdery finish. It's really amazing!! I can't imagine not having this product from now on. I had never thought I'd make a primer a staple in my regimen. I highly recommend this item!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by kimshithuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's just say I have an obsession with primer. I have Smashbox primer (1st primer ever used, very good), Laura Gellar spackle (the smell is interesting, but it doesn't do much for my skin), Vincent Longo Water Base Canvas (so expensive that I won't even try it until I'm desperate for primer), Sephora Perfection Base (one work-yuck), and now A-primer by Serious Skin Care. I am very suprised about this product, it actually works!!!! I was worried when reading about the reviews, but my experience with this primer is great! It's not gel like Smashbox, but it feels so similar to it. It almost looks like a moisturizer, but it's actually very silky once on the face. I really really like it compared with all the primers, and trust me, I have gone through so many primers, it's silly!!! Smashbox primer as well as A-primer are my top 2, not doubt it! It actually primes the skin!!! ~update~ I just bought another A-primer, but why does it seem like it's not 1 oz.? The container seems like it's sparse and not enough product. I dunno...