November 24, 2014 | 1797 users online

Scrubs - Urban Decay - Magic Mud

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I don't understand the bad reviews, it does what it says it's going to do. Whenever my skin is feeling a bit rebellious this puts it back in it's place! My skin loves the mild AHA from the lactic acid in it and the clay really eats up any pimple causing oil that's been lurking around. Every time my skin looks a bit sallow and dull or dry or greasy or cloggy using this scrub/ mask seems to do the trick and then it's back to good behavior for the next couple weeks till I need it again. I always love the days after I've used this because my skin is so clear and perfected and makeup just seems to look and wear better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by lesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Too bad this is discontinued, love it. I use it as a scrub and a mask. The smell is really organic, and it works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a nice size sample of this from a swap and I just love it. Like one person said its similar to the avon scrub/mask but this one dries a bit slower so you actually have a chance to scrub your face before the mask part takes affect and dries. The lil grains are large and could possibly irritate sensitive skin but I love grainy feeling scrubs and my skin felt very clean. I also loved how the mask dried up my oil and it felt like it was sucking up dirt- but to my amazement when I rinsed it off (it came off very easy too!!!) My face was SOOOO soft! It was not dry or flakey or tight feeling like most 2 n 1's or half of the masks I use. I will deffinitly be buying the full size of this soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2003 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jodie_h_98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good product; I use it as a scrub & then leave it on 15 minutes for mask -- it leaves my skin soft & absorbs oil. My skin is very sensitive, and I don't find this harsh at all; you just have to use a gentle touch.

There's nothing unique about it, though, unless you really enjoy the 2-in-1 aspect; for me, sometimes I like to scrub and sometimes I like to mask, so I won't be buying this again. Also, the packaging is terrible; the tube is plastic too hard to squeeze and the hole the mud squirts out of is too small & gets plugged easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this to be similar to, but not as good as, Avon's Porefection. Both are green mud/clay masks with scrubbing granules included, but this doesn't leave my skin as soft or glowy as Avons, and UD is more expensive. On the positive side, it does dry quickly and leave my skin slightly more polished than before. It doesn't irritate and is easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by omegakitty

This is the best deep cleansing/mask I have ever used. It is my grail. I use it once a week srub then leave on as a mask and it makes my skin look amazing. You should buy ten of them!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2003 2:45:00 AM More reviews by KatieBABY

This is a fabulous mask/scrub to use twice-three times a week. It is double duty, and great for my acne-prone, combination skin. Not only does it leave my skin soft, but it absorbs oils, and cleans the pores. THANKS URBAN DECAY!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2003 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Matilde_5_11_77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does not irritate, smells fantastic, and leaves skin smoother than a baby's bottom! I just used some from my Tub o' Mud, and I love it! I do use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, and will still do so, but this is even more fantastic! Use as mask and then exfoliate all over face and neck. Honestly, I feel like I could just pick off my pimples, like buttah!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2003 7:10:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Magic Mud is magic! I didn't have high expectations for this, but it was so beautiful for my skin. I have combination skin, and it left my complexion positively glowing. My skin surface feels amazingly soft- almost unnaturally soft. :P Sort of a velvety, matte softness. Ooooh, I love this stuff. I leave it on for ten minutes, and then add water to scrub. Wooo!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2003 2:25:00 PM More reviews by dulcinea14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The mud is too thick to squeeze out of the hole in the cap, so I had to unscrew the cap and get it out that way. It's really too abrasive to use on skin, but some people just need to believe that harsh scrubbing cleans out pores (it doesn't, it just temporarily irritates your skin causing swelling which gives the ILLUSION that your pores are smaller/cleaner). As a mask, it was too drying and irritating. You can't exactly apply the mask without scratching the skin with those scrub pieces. Totally not recommended to anyone!