November 21, 2014 | 1633 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Protective Daywear Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by arpedraza

I thought this will be a terrific product because of the vitamin c ingredient. However, this moisturizer made me break out, and the pimple scars did not easily fade away.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by macrivaldez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination, sensitive skin. I have been using it for two months already. I bought this product because of the Vitamin C and sunscreen. At first, I noticed that it was more liquidy than my previous daytime moisturizer (TBS Moisture White), after several hours of using it my t-zone has become oily. So I tried to change my primer and powder ( I don't use foundation) thinking that it may be due to the climate change, it being the rainy season, but there was no obvious improvement.
It was definitely not a cheap product so I'm thinking of just consuming it but not of repurchase. While this has not caused me to break-out, it definitely made my t-zone oilier than it was before. I have loved TBS products but this one is no-go.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by joy18

I bought this a while back because I liked the idea of the Vitamin C. I love TBS, but this one has alot of cons to it. Even for my dry skin it felt greasy during the summer months and because my skin is sensitive it made me break out in red, weird spots that I usually only get with foundation. I put it away all summer and now that it's gotten cooler I only use this on my hands when going out. I also had the problem that someone mentioned about the product spilling out of the flip cap and it goes to waste. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Santino19

I got this in a swap, and I was interested in only because of the purported vitamin C content (which I found out later to be only 1% - its the 17th or 18th ingredient). This fragranced "moisturizer" made my skin break out after 4 or 5 days of use and it made me look incredibly oily. Despite looking like I had slathered on oil, my skin felt very dry afterwards. The spf of 15 is a joke especially knowing the fact that this sunscreen is NOT stable. On top of all this, the snap cap tended to cause unwanted leakage of the "moisturizer" when opening & closing. I have this available for swap if anyone is willing not to take my word for it !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

This is supposed to be appropriate for all skin types, but I find it very greasy and far too rich for my normal-combo skin. I wore on my face and went out jogging - Disaster!!! When the sweat dripped into my eyes, it stung like blazes. It's just not functional. There are tons of much better priced sunscreens out there that are much easier to wear,

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by alieblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I may have dry skin, but I have found this moisturizer to be very greasy. The orange scent is too strong, and I love citrus fragrances. It doesn't seem to absorb well, and my makeup slips right off it and I end up with a shiny forehead and nose within an hour. I prefer the Vitamin E also by the Body Shop - it's oil-free, has the same antioxidant and sunscreen protection, but not greasy and a lighter fragrance and good absorption.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2007 5:33:00 AM More reviews by brokentrails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An okay moisturiser.. but I didn't see the so-called vitamin C effect on my skin. But it's good because my skin did not breakout and it has SPF.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2007 3:44:00 AM More reviews by mmcgoug

This is an OK daywear moisturizer.
Good:It's got decent sun protection. It smells nice. It doesn't make me break out.
Bad: It dries quickly making it a little tough to apply. I put a bit on my hands and then pat it on my face and then smooth it out. I can't wipe it over my face because it gets too thick too fast.

I have been using it a few months now and I'm happy with it when I consider the price. I'd switch to a new product if I find one that is easier to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 10:23:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I went into the Body Shop intending to pick up the Seaweed daily SPF15 moisturizer only to find that it's been discontinued. I decided to pick this up out of TBS's three remaining SPF product lines: Vitamin C, Vitamin E and aloe. I picked this up out if curiousity, although I fail to see the added benefits of Vitamin C to the product since vitamin C is essentially a preservative. In any event, I'm pretty pleased with this product and it seems to be just what I need for the upcoming colder months. It's a heavily moisturizing cream, much heavier than what I normally find myself using, boasts SPF15 and UVB/UVA protection. So far, so good. Have been using it for over a week now, hasn't caused any breakouts or general bizarreness, the only part of this product that I utterly dislike is the texture of if, which is comparable to a sunscreen, and thus the amount of time it takes it to sink in. I cannot use this product alone, since it "shines" on the skin and needs to have a dusting of powder to overly it. No doubt will I continue using this product throughout the fall/winter, although I'm going to have to find something lighter during the summer months. If you've got dry skin or are using a rather drying anti-breakout toner (like myself), give this a try. If you've got oily skin or do not use powder, I suggest you skip this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by alzee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this out in one of my regular departures from Clinique's 3-Step system...
Love the citrus smell.