September 18, 2014 | 882 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Perfume Oil Mango

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by d1ana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gosh, I think the last review for this oil was over 3 years ago? Although this product was discontinued a super long time ago, I decided to take the word of the 9 people that tried and rated this perfume oil 5 stars.

I searched high and low and finally found it on eBay for a hefty price. I guess since it's no longer available sellers can charge whatever they want? Just received it in the mail today and at first, the (car air freshener) aroma that came out of the enveloped freaked me out a bit. But when I opened the bottle and placed a dollop on my wrists .. aahhhhh! Just lovely. Not teenager-girl fruity-sweet, but just nice. The Body Shop definitely needs to bring this one back.

I was surprised at how small the bottle was though. I guess that's what 15 mL looks like? Also, I'm afraid of using the plastic swipe stick - won't that turn the oil if I touch the stick and put it back into the bottle?

Anyway, I can't stop smelling my wrists now. Thanks ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Chocolatedog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this oil....I have had my giant bottle for at least 10 years and use it at least once per week and still have 90% of the bottle left...this smells like a fresh mango and doesn't morph into plastic on my skin...it has been discontinued (of course)...and as this is one of the old oils it lasts forever when applied...I hope they bring this back one day....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

I really, really, REALLY hate it when The Body Shop gets this urge to eliminate great smelling products from their roster. This is no exception. I love this scent. Great for day wear, lasts long and is definitely one of my all time favourites so I hate the fact that it's not around anymore. Hopefully they'll reincarnate it like they do from time to time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by beachbabealways

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you like the smell of real mango's you should like this. I agree with fellow reviewers this does not have a plastic note. Very nice realistic scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had a love affair with this oil for years - so much more intriguing than the peach, nicer than any other fruity scent! Long lasting too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by shadowxtime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! Everyone I come near while wearing it tells me how wonderful I smell! I like to put a few drops in my laundry and use unscented laundry detergent... your clothes come out smelling great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ebolarola

I didn't think I would like this as much as I do, since I don't really like the mango body butter. This fragrance smells pure, and not alcohol-y like a lot of other perfumes. And the scent lasts!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by emkoresko

I have been using this stuff for years. One tiny bottle lasts FOREVER and smells soooo good! I get the unscented body lotion too and have them add the mango fragrance. LOVE IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by nd1282

Smells like a ripe and juicy mango. I rub a drop or two in my hair to scent and shine.